• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco is easy to master.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUBE128

Smash Rookie
Compared to other characters, fox and falco are among the easiest to master. Mabey thats why so many people pick them and they are top tier.

Do you agree?

Smash Master
No. Fox and Falco are among the most difficult characters to master. Maybe I'd put IC's ahead of them, but that's just because I'm biased. Fox requires amazingly fast fingers to play well. Falco as well, to a lesser degree. Waveshining, multishining, and all their laser shenanigans are difficult to use effectivlely in battle. The reason they are top tier is that once these techniques are executed perfectly (e.g. by pro players) they are difficult to defend against.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
rofl at pdk's comment :D agreed

oh and personally I would say Ice Climbers are hardest cause of their ridiculous desynching and such. I think Fox mostly takes the hardest to MASTER not play as but play completely awesomely. Falco, easy? Whatever you say man, I don't think so at all.

CUBE128

Smash Rookie
Im not really saying they are easy to master, no character is, but compared to the others they are among the easiest. Peach, Mario, Link, Ice Climbers mabey with the acception of shiek and captain falcon, are all MUCH harder to master, much less play good with.

CUBE128

Smash Rookie
captain falcon isn't easy to master either, he's a pretty hard character to play at a higher level because of his matchups.
Obviously, no one reads anymore. I did not say ANY character was easy to master. I said comparatively, as in compared to the difficulty of mastering other characters, falco, fox, shiek, and falcon, are the easiest.

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
Fox and Falco are hard to master (though i'd put Link and IC's above them). Even once you've learnt all the techniques with them you need to be able to do them effecively in battle.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Fox isn't easy to master at all. I would because I was playing with Fox as my main for 2 years [I would have said 3 but my GC died on it's 3rd year]. I'd say Fox and Falco players you've seen make them seem easy to master but it's an uphill battle.

People here normally think the same thing. My friends have seen me play as Fox for years so they think that if they play as him they will reap the same success in matches but they mess up a lot with moves like Fox illusion or his fair [instant death if you use it below the stage]. I've made Mario and Marth look good too but people keep thinking they can copy what I do and reap success [again lol].

Try mastering Fox/Falco [if you haven't] and you'll see what I mean.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@Cube: Fox and Falco are not easy to master. It's easy to waveshine around or SHL in training mode, but comboing a live opponent takes excellent timing and experience. No character can be "mastered" easily, but some characters are inherently easier to use. I consider Marth and Sheik to be more user friendly characters than Fox and Falco.

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKahkR-oHs

Fast forward to 2:10 and watch it until 2:25. The combo that starts at 2:18... you find something like that easy to master compared to a char Marth? Psh...

I disagree with Falco being easy to master, and I play Fox >.>
that would of been sick as balls if he killed the fox in that.

seriously though, like everyone else said, they not easy to master.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom