• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco is why smash balls shouldn't be in tourneys.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah, Sonic's FS is cheap too. So is Fox's. They can take out 2 stocks too.

BEES

Smash Lord
Sonic and Fox have equally good final smashes, but a really hard time getting the smash ball. Fox can't jump high, so it's often too far away. Sonic has no projectile. He has get on it to hit it.

Falco is probably the best character in the game to play with Final Smashes on.

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
um,

Smash ball = Item

Items = Banned (in tournaments)

Therefore Smash Balls = Banned

Do I even need to point out the sticky in the actual tactical forum?

I mean, they're banned in that list anyway, but still.

Hybrid222

Smash Cadet
lolwut?! Falco the best to play with Smash Balls on? Evidently you havent played a Ness or Lucas with items..

"PK Thunda.....crack....PK STAHHHSTAWWWMMMMMM!!!!"

I hear it in my nightmares playing with some of my item-newb friends.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
lolwut?! Falco the best to play with Smash Balls on? Evidently you havent played a Ness or Lucas with items..

No, evidently you haven't played a Falco with smash balls on and items on OR off. Falco's landmaster is simply the best final smash in the game. All starstorm does is take off a maximum of one stock. I always get two with Falco.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Question: Shouldn't Falco have used an Arwing for his FS, and owned everyone with lazahs? I mean, I love Falco's Landmaster, but Falco was best known as the "Ace Pilot", right?

Hybrid222

Smash Cadet
You guys must be playing against some horrible players to get 2 lives from them with landmaster.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
You guys must be playing against some horrible players to get 2 lives from them with landmaster.
Nope. The first kill is regular just barrel rolling and lasers. When you kill them, wait directly under the spawn point (you should be pretty much directly under the spawning player). If they aren't dumb, they will wait the full length of the spawn period. However, that doesn't help. The Falco in command of the landmaster should know exactly when that period ends. You boost upwards a split second before it ends and just rocket into the air. No character moves fast enough to run off of the landmaster before getting vertically KOd. You move the landmaster upwards with a curvature of the direction the victim is running and it's pretty **** hard to escape it. The only person who can I believe is falco or fox (with their side+b).

BEES

Smash Lord

PK Starstorm won't kill at low percents. It's also possible to dodge.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
Nope. The first kill is regular just barrel rolling and lasers. When you kill them, wait directly under the spawn point (you should be pretty much directly under the spawning player). If they aren't dumb, they will wait the full length of the spawn period. However, that doesn't help. The Falco in command of the landmaster should know exactly when that period ends. You boost upwards a split second before it ends and just rocket into the air. No character moves fast enough to run off of the landmaster before getting vertically KOd. You move the landmaster upwards with a curvature of the direction the victim is running and it's pretty **** hard to escape it. The only person who can I believe is falco or fox (with their side+b).
this is how its done.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
well here is a list of those that can dodge it using special attacks (as far as I know).

Pikachu's up b
wolf's up b
wario's normal double jump
mk's dash followed by down b
bowsers up b
zelda's ub p (not yet tested)
sonic (duh)
lucario's up b (not yet tested)
falcon's down b

Thats all I can think of right now but add any if u feel I missed one.

Top Bottom