• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Mod 1.01

Cray Z

Smash Rookie
so can this take up a character slot of perhaps a character no one plays? like samus. Is it "known" how to do so?

Also if anyone could help me out. I downloaded glide64 for 19xxte, and now when i switch back to jabo I feel like the quality is bad, I get black scan lines and black boxes around characters when they get hit off screen. I feel like this didn't happen before. Reason i want to go back is that glide64 isn't rendering falco's models correctly.

Last edited:

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
While this is pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I understood correctly. Is this intended to overwrite one of the polygon characters? Or is it only planned for now to be a change solely to fox?
Because it'd be pretty cool to have maybe the blue Fox skin just be Falco, with properties and all.
And if that's the case of clones being kinda easy to do... Why not Ganondorf when choosing dark captain falcon? :D

Uair

Banned via Warnings
While this is pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I understood correctly. Is this intended to overwrite one of the polygon characters? Or is it only planned for now to be a change solely to fox?
Because it'd be pretty cool to have maybe the blue Fox skin just be Falco, with properties and all.
And if that's the case of clones being kinda easy to do... Why not Ganondorf when choosing dark captain falcon? :D
That's far beyond what people are capable now. Not even sm64 guys can manage to create a new mario behavior/animation/model aside from the already existing second low poly mario. You have to replace memory, adding new stuff is harder than overwriting existing. Zelda 64 multiplayer is different because it's just spawning links then assigning the controls to P2/3/4.

I don't think anyone has ever create a fully fleshed out new character in any n64 game like this. To expect these guys to be capable of such feats with little to no documentation at all or people working on hacking the game, is just ridiculous not to say no one is capable of putting that much time and effort into it.

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
That's far beyond what people are capable now. Not even sm64 guys can manage to create a new mario behavior/animation/model aside from the already existing second low poly mario. You have to replace memory, adding new stuff is harder than overwriting existing. Zelda 64 multiplayer is different because it's just spawning links then assigning the controls to P2/3/4.

I don't think anyone has ever create a fully fleshed out new character in any n64 game like this. To expect these guys to be capable of such feats with little to no documentation at all or people working on hacking the game, is just ridiculous not to say no one is capable of putting that much time and effort into it.
I guess? But the thing I don't think nowadays it takes that long to find the data to change. To be fair you're right on the difficulty involved on making a new character. But it'd be cool if you could use the polygon character of fox and use that somehow.

Madao

http://i.imgur.com/FQZmxJk.jpg it's not bad, id think. pj 2.2 rice helps minimally
With those specs, you should definitely be able to run SSB on emulator at full speed. Glide64 might be too slow though. I wish a fast video plugin showed invincibility ;/ . If you really want to see invincibility, your best luck with be Jabo 1.7.0.56, but with your specs, it may be best to just stick with Rice Video.

In any case, just let me know if you ever want to try a more optimized emulator. I code on my spare time for fun and I also have my own reasons for wanting to reduce the system requirements.

I'm thinking either emulator / plugin settings are causing your problem, or you're running some other program that's taking up cpu usage.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Does the download link in the OP use the Falco model or does it only have the changed move attributes?

I can't for the life of me apply this patch without any kind of error. I'm using a clean, NA rom and the patch just won't apply.

EDIT: I got it now. I was using a .n64 filetype rom. I got ahold of a .z64 filetype rom and it worked fine, though the rom was kinda hard to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I can't for the life of me apply this patch without any kind of error. I'm using a clean, NA rom and the patch just won't apply.

EDIT: I got it now. I was using a .n64 filetype rom. I got ahold of a .z64 filetype rom and it worked fine, though the rom was kinda hard to find.
You can byte swap it fairly easily. Tool64 is the quickest way.

Jayr

Smash Cadet
I tried the 1.01 falco mod but it has the same files as 1.00. Is there any difference between the versions?

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
Hi Madao, How are things?.
Sorry Madao, but you must be pemalize by: no respect projects others. THEY must ask permission.

I think that many of yours are a lot incredule, sorry but is truth.
Remember all you, that: Leyenda Roja (me) and nobody else made the hack/mod of Falco/Boberman an a new stage Mod.

Bye. and news coming soon!
I've seen your thread man. And I am a spanish speaker myself (De verdad deberías mejorar tu Inglés, es demasiado notorio que no haz tenido mucho oportunidad de ocuparlo, estoy asumiendo que hablas español en vez de portugues o algo así), And judging by my rough english to spanish back to english translation: I can conclude that you, sir, are maybe arrogant.

Not respecting others projects isn't to be penalized, as what you've done is texturing and animations. But that doesn't mean anything. And from what I saw, you never provided anything concrete for people to work with. Claiming that you like to "work alone" doesn't give you any rights, and in fact alienates you from others wanting to use what you've made in the future by spreading a bad reputation, because others want to make the game better, too.
"I think that many of yours are a lot incredule" => "Creo que muchos de ustedes son muy incredulos" => "I think many of you are just incredulous" (A bit obvious but it's more apparent when noticing each word was just a literal translation) is a direct insult to our intelligences, and stating it as the truth won't get you any good responses. Please keep that in mind. MOST people who aren't assholes try to give others the information they believe others don't have when you have only reputation to gain from it, and when they keep it to themselves, no one is willing to trust what they do or say if they eventually do, this happens a lot. Not to mention you always promise more, only providing screenshots and videos, but not much to go off of, you can hardly blame Madao for not "respecting" you.

If you aren't going to share, don't expect us to care.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I would love to provide some custom high quality low poly models if anyone could give me a polygon limit. Would like to stick with original Nintendo characters though. Is there any kind of thread dedicated to the exploration of SSB64 file formats/models/textures etc?

Last edited:

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
I would love to provide some custom high quality low poly models if anyone could give me a polygon limit. Would like to stick with original Nintendo characters though. Is there any kind of thread dedicated to the exploration of SSB64 file formats/models/textures etc?
I wish I knew that stuff, as well. it'd be cool if you could make things like that for others characters like ganondorf, or bowser xD.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I wish I knew that stuff, as well. it'd be cool if you could make things like that for others characters like ganondorf, or bowser xD.
It's not out of the question; Again, if anyone could provide me with some kind of polygon limit for Smash64 to not lag balls, I could probably whip up some models. I recall reading somewhere that Peach was initially planned for Smash 64, so I'd probably start there. Ganondorf would be neat to do as well. Low poly modeling is fun and enjoyable to me, so if anyone really does make some headway on Smash 64 model formats, please do hit me up. I would really like to be a part of some Smash 64 project.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
We don't know yet. Although once we have a good odd how to put models in I'll contact you

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I have one complaint: The model and portrait are from the newer games.

You gotta use 64 Falco, use Melee's as your base. It just looks so wrong right now, like that it's obviously a hack.

SmashModGod

Smash Cadet
DOES THIS MEAN PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO HACK SSB64 NOW???!

INFO / TUTORIALS PLEASE!!!

I WANT TO JUMP IN AND HELP OUT!! I'M SURE MANY OTHERS WANT TO ALSO!!! Any tutorials at all on ssb texture hacking, or just hacking it in general??? This is literally the first true mod I've seen for ssb64

Uair

Banned via Warnings
DOES THIS MEAN PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO HACK SSB64 NOW???!

INFO / TUTORIALS PLEASE!!!

I WANT TO JUMP IN AND HELP OUT!! I'M SURE MANY OTHERS WANT TO ALSO!!! Any tutorials at all on ssb texture hacking, or just hacking it in general??? This is literally the first true mod I've seen for ssb64
N64Rip to view/rip textures manually
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5944

Get ricevideo plugin, glide64, or GLideN64.

For rice
Options > Config Graphics plugin > click Texture Filter then check the box saying Dump Textures.
Emulate the game and play through whatever u want to find/dump.

For glide
Options > config graphics > click textures tab > check texture dumping/editing mode.
Emulate and play the game.

Download GIMP then open the texture you want to replace
Image > Mode make sure RGB is selected
Layer > transparency > Add alpha channel unless it already has one.
File > Export CHANGE EXTENSION TO .TGA and uncheck RLE compression.

Drag the .tga file into tga2rgba16 (http://www.mediafire.com/file/yxutn3gn8bl316p/tga2rgba16.exe )

Open the rom and the original texture's .raw in hex editor
Copy the entire .raw data then search for it in the rom.
Once you find the offset open up the new texture you want to replace it with then copy all of it's hex values and paste them into the Rom.

SmashModGod

Smash Cadet
Hey guys IDK what's going on but when I download the patch from the OP and apply it, I still play as fox, even with the shine that hits opponents straight up and the falco spike etc.

HOW do I get the Falco texture skin working? Did I only install half of the mod patch somehow? very confused thx!

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
HELLO ME TOO, HAS ANYONE EVER GOT THE FALCO TO SHOW UP IN THE GAME YET????

I KEEP PATCHING MY CORRECT Z64 ROM BUT IT STILL SHOWS FOX!!!!! (has falcos moves tho, which is cool, but HOW DO I GET FALCO TO SHOW UP?????)

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
seriously nobody has ever gotten this Falco 64 mod to work?????

What about all the discussion above?????

Uair

Banned via Warnings
seriously nobody has ever gotten this Falco 64 mod to work?????

What about all the discussion above?????
It works you just aren't capable of problem solving on a kindergartner level.

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
Ive read through the entire thread!! The only helpful entry was one that said use a Z64 file,

so I did that and still no falco model, please give any other reccomendation and I'll try it!

That was the only one on this whole thread so far and did not work

and if you read the replies I'm not the only person who had this issue

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Ive read through the entire thread!! The only helpful entry was one that said use a Z64 file,

so I did that and still no falco model, please give any other reccomendation and I'll try it!

That was the only one on this whole thread so far and did not work

and if you read the replies I'm not the only person who had this issue
I just tried it, did it with both versions and it's not working.

@Madoe you need to close this thread, OP updated his downloads with non-functional patches. The patch them self are empty.

EaglePie

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeldaGamer08
So yeah, same as some of you people said, 1.01 is actually 1.0. not really, the download links are the same. I saw a person who had 1.01 on a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc3dbYSx48g
and they had 1.01 and the link in the description led to here... I don't know why both downloads are 1.0 but there needs to be a fix for it.

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
I THINK I FOUND THE CORRECT FILE :D

Has both Falco moves, shine dair etc AND HAS THE ANIMATIONS / MODEL!!!!!

That's what everyone here has been asking for. I found it in this YouTube video

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I THINK I FOUND THE CORRECT FILE :D

Has both Falco moves, shine dair etc AND HAS THE ANIMATIONS / MODEL!!!!!

That's what everyone here has been asking for. I found it in ...

and here's the DL link ...
Stop linking ROMs here. While the rules behind patching your own dumped ROMs are ambiguous (at least to Nintendo, straightforward elsewhere), the rules behind distributing ROMs are not. This is illegal.

We need to come up with a standard for this. Currently am looking into benefits of different patchers (ips/xdelta/my own).

Madao Madao

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Maybe consider removing the rom links out your quotes before someone takes a picture and reports Smashboards to Nintendo of America.

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
OKsorry about that guys!

Thought I only linked to a YouTube video.

And does that newest patch you posted have the new moves AND the animations all in one? Thanks! I'll try it out

Sean Gaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
SaltySean1809
How can i download this? I used the xdelta patcher but it said the source file is "Too Short". Please help! :4falco: :falco: :falcomelee:

Top Bottom