• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco or Fox?

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Been switching between them to see whose playstyle and strengths/weaknesses I like more. Im sure many others do this with :p what are your thoughts so far?

Falco has some great ground moves, down-b out of dash/run (basically an alternate dash attack), grab game, jab, and uair/dair/bair, and jump height.
But he is slow. :(

Fox has great runspeed and dash game, grab game due to great dash grab speed, and aerials, shine stalling, and i like his laser.
But his reflector isnt nearly as useful as falcos for actually reflecting stuff. And his range really sucks - you need to rely on speed to land hits. His smashes seem to be weak killers this time around too. Fsmash is better for building damage so far for me, for example. He also doesnt have any regular spikes other than using fair a certain way.

Conda

Did some tests with fox and falco. Numbers are approximate since im not the bet at testing haha, but its interesting what the results are. Kill % tested on ZSS on left/right side of FD.

Format will be
Fox dmg (kill%)
Falco dmg (kill%)

Jab
Dash attack
Utilt
6-9
Ftilt
6-8
Dtilt
12 (130)
Usmash
16 (105)
16 (120)
Fsmash
14 (110)
15 (110)
Dsmash
14 (110)
15 (110)
Nair
2-12 (hitbox stinks)
Uair
16 (120)
11 (140)
Fair
8 (140)
Dair
5-11~
Bair
13 (130)
13 (90)!
B
1.3 (3 hits = 4%)
Upb
24 (180)
Sideb
7 !
Downb
Pummel

As we can see, falco builds damage quicker in general and can kill earlier than fox with bair. Their smash kill options are the same minus usmash. Falco's upsmash has 2 hits, and the second can whiff. Fox's doesnt hit behind him, though. Fox has more dsmash range as well, even though falcos looks larger.

Fox can kill earlier with usmash, but can barely kill with any of his aerials minus bair, which is much worse than falcos in every way - short range, lower knockback, short delay until it comes out, tiny timeframe for the hitbox, etc.

Falco's sideb does more damage than fox's, which is interesting as it has the better knockback trajectory too.

Fox's nair is undeniably better than falcos. Falcos is escapable, randomly whiffs, and unreliable to follow up in as your enemy recovers faster than you do. Youll get punished for using this if the final hit doesnt land, which is often. Badly designed move.

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
What, Falco ain't slow! Compared to Fox I mean, well, yeah. I do have a little bit of trouble seeing what they do best though.. are they similar or are they different? I'm thinking Fox can kill better, while Falco gimps better?

Conda

What, Falco ain't slow! Compared to Fox I mean, well, yeah. I do have a little bit of trouble seeing what they do best though.. are they similar or are they different? I'm thinking Fox can kill better, while Falco gimps better?
Fox can only kill better due to dash-usmash, I've found. Falco has an easier to land fsmash and his dsmash is the same. His usmash isn't 'as' good a killer, but he can actually kill reliably in the air due to bair being stronger than anything fox has for killing when in the middle of the stage (fox can land an uair, but its hard to land and Falco's isn't that much weaker in comparison).

Falco's fair also can kill, while Fox's can't (and actually helps enemies recover if used offstage while edgeguarding). Fox can gimp with nair, but falco has fair, bair, and spikes.

Falco just lacks runspeed - he IS very slow on the ground, which makes him lack the ability to dash grab as well, or dash-usmash the way fox can. But Fox's usmash doesn't hit behind him, while falco's does and has 2 hitboxes to catch enemies in.

Falco also can't run around defensively the way Fox can. But falco does have a more well-rounded set of attacks, and is suited moreso to staying in the enemies' face this time around. He is not a camper - if anything, he is good at playing defense and punishing approachers. Meanwhile Fox lacks approaches, yet isn't as dominant (i find) in close range compared to falco due to lack of range and goofy hitboxes.

Falco's utilt, for example, is a much more reliable hit than fox's, which will whiff often and doesn't hit in front of him. Fox's utilt also doesn't combo much at all - it's easily escaped after 2 hits, as the hitbox is so precise and easy to escape. Fox's tilts in general pale in comparison to Falco's.

Fox also has by FAR the worse jab combo - it's easily escapable before the final hit and punishable. Very similar to Bowser Jr's. Falco's, meanwhile, isn't escapable.

With all that said, Fox has the superior Nair by a long shot. Falco's is nearly useless in application as a nair, and is one of the most unreliable moves any of my current mains have. Easily punished - foes will leave the hitbox by accident and have zero hitstun, able to punish you right away while you're still spinning away.

Hopefully that was informative in some way :)

Last edited:

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
Fox can only kill better due to dash-usmash, I've found. Falco has an easier to land fsmash and his dsmash is the same. His usmash isn't 'as' good a killer, but he can actually kill reliably in the air due to bair being stronger than anything fox has for killing when in the middle of the stage (fox can land an uair, but its hard to land and Falco's isn't that much weaker in comparison).

Falco's fair also can kill, while Fox's can't (and actually helps enemies recover if used offstage while edgeguarding). Fox can gimp with nair, but falco has fair, bair, and spikes.

Falco just lacks runspeed - he IS very slow on the ground, which makes him lack the ability to dash grab as well, or dash-usmash the way fox can. But Fox's usmash doesn't hit behind him, while falco's does and has 2 hitboxes to catch enemies in.

Falco also can't run around defensively the way Fox can. But falco does have a more well-rounded set of attacks, and is suited moreso to staying in the enemies' face this time around. He is not a camper - if anything, he is good at playing defense and punishing approachers. Meanwhile Fox lacks approaches, yet isn't as dominant (i find) in close range compared to falco due to lack of range and goofy hitboxes.

Falco's utilt, for example, is a much more reliable hit than fox's, which will whiff often and doesn't hit in front of him. Fox's utilt also doesn't combo much at all - it's easily escaped after 2 hits, as the hitbox is so precise and easy to escape. Fox's tilts in general pale in comparison to Falco's.

Fox also has by FAR the worse jab combo - it's easily escapable before the final hit and punishable. Very similar to Bowser Jr's. Falco's, meanwhile, isn't escapable.

With all that said, Fox has the superior Nair by a long shot. Falco's is nearly useless in application as a nair, and is one of the most unreliable moves any of my current mains have. Easily punished - foes will leave the hitbox by accident and have zero hitstun, able to punish you right away while you're still spinning away.

Hopefully that was informative in some way :)
Indeed it was, thank you for the detailed information! Thanks for illuminating on Falco's Nair, I can see its downsides now... I've gotta be more careful with that now.

shoops

Smash Rookie
I don't think that's true. Maybe it's the online lag, but I find people breaking out of my jab before the finisher pretty often.

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
Why not both? I really do enjoy playing both in this game, to me the space animals will always feel like smash at its core no matter what game they are in it seems. Regardless their changes from past versions they both feel very fun and very playable against a wide range of opponents. If I feel like pressing more buttons I play fox, if I feel like playing smart and setting up every attack I play Falco.

mangamusicfan

Dark lord
NNID
mangamusicfan
3DS FC
1891-2073-5876
I love the playstyle of falco a lot more then fox.
Its all what you like the most.
fox is for me to fast to play with

Conda

The main sticking point for me is Falco's slow run speed

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
I prefer Falco over Fox, even though he's supposedly the Slow Faster version of Fox, He's actually not slow at all so it's a win win with Falco

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I like Falco over Fox, I just find I have better control over Falco than I do Fox. I used to use Fox in 64 and when I played Melee I got the hang of Falco a bit faster than when I tried using Fox, so I stuck with Falco in every game since.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I will probably always like Falco over Fox, but as far as who's best in this game it's easily Fox.

Richitt

Smash Rookie
Fox's jab can reset, though.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I played as Falco during the first week of the game. Then I tried Fox and liked him better because of his speed. Yesterday I played as Falco for the first time in a while. I might be liking him better now. I love Bairs and Falco's is way better than Fox's. Faster start up. Not much endlag. I like Falco's disruptive laser better now after constant matches against a Falcon main. The endlag on the laser is rough for Fox vs. fast characters.

Falco's run speed is slow but I'm used to it because I also play Luigi. Falco is starting to feel a little more natural and all around safer. I tend to be too aggressive when playing as Fox. Right now I'm saying Falco.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
If you continue playing Falco you are required by law to fall in love with his Nair, as it's a brilliant move in Sm4sh just as it was in Brawl.

Conda

If you continue playing Falco you are required by law to fall in love with his Nair, as it's a brilliant move in Sm4sh just as it was in Brawl.
How so? Opponents often escape being hit by all of the hits, able to punish me out of the rest of the move. I use it sparingly because its a flimsy attack and unsafe often, but i could be missing something.

Last edited:

speedguy20

Smash Cadet
NNID
speedguy20
Both have their pros and cons, but at the end of the day Falco is just better character

shoops

Smash Rookie
Matchup wise Falco seems to have the edge, at least in my experience. Falco's gimp and ground game is better than Fox's.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Now this is a good question, I'll have to try both of these guys and see who I like better.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Right now I'm leaning towards Falco. While Fox his speed is nice, the knockback on the laser is really welcomed when trying to deal with campy opponents. Just that one difference already makes dealing with a part of the cast much less of a headache, which makes me feel Falco is a more reliable pick for me.

Last edited:

Conda

Right now I'm leaning towards Falco. While Fox his speed is nice, the knockback on the laser is really welcomed when trying to deal with campy opponents. Just that one difference already makes dealing with a part of the cast much less of a headache, which makes me feel Falco is a more reliable pick for me.
Fox has a similar blaster, but it's slower than Falco's and doesn't go nearly as far, making Falcos still better. His is better at forcing approaches and gimping jumps offstage, something Fox can't do as reliably.

I wish Falco was faster on the ground, though. He feels glued in place with the mobility his moveset seems to require due to low range (aerially, at least). He doesn't have the aerial mobility to do too much with his aerial moveset, but he cant do what Fox does - run and then jump - because he's too slow.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ironically, in Star Fox Assault, Falco is faster than Fox.
Falco and Wolf are both faster than Fox in Assault. They even jump higher than Fox. If it was true to Assault, then Falco would be the glass cannon - what Fox is -, Wolf would basically be OP, and Fox would be sort of like Wolf in Brawl except... Yeah...

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
How so? Opponents often escape being hit by all of the hits, able to punish me out of the rest of the move. I use it sparingly because its a flimsy attack and unsafe often, but i could be missing something.
i find myself in situations like this but i noticed that its better for my opponents to escape the n-air because it combos nicely into a sweetspotted b-air which sends them flying offscreen

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Fox has a similar blaster, but it's slower than Falco's and doesn't go nearly as far, making Falcos still better. His is better at forcing approaches and gimping jumps offstage, something Fox can't do as reliably.

I wish Falco was faster on the ground, though. He feels glued in place with the mobility his moveset seems to require due to low range (aerially, at least). He doesn't have the aerial mobility to do too much with his aerial moveset, but he cant do what Fox does - run and then jump - because he's too slow.
I know what you mean. I feel like you can't really approach as easily with Falco because you can always see him coming, with Fox his speed you can sometimes run in and actually catch your opponent with a dash attack or grab. The down-b is nice as a second dash attack of sorts though, one of the few things I'm succesfully approaching with. However, I can't really follow-up after it. It sets up a laser or two usually and thats it for me. Are there any followups to the reflector I'm missing?

I actually feel really comfortable in neutral with Falco, as you can force approaches against a lot of characters. With Fox it's not so great because it means you have to begin your approach again. Seemingly everyone outcamps Fox because of the lack of an interrupting projectile. It's like the only thing Fox's laser is good for is to keep all your moves fresh.

Last edited:

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Falco Can combo more off of grabs such as Dthrow - fair - shine. Main difference between two is of course speed but fox has better vertical killing power and better ground combos.

Where falco kills better horizontally and has the highest jump in the game so air combos are easier to do. Such as a sourspotted uair leading to a bair.

I love falco and will continue to use him as much as I did in brawl but it bothers me that he doesn't have any easy kill set ups. In brawl I'd d throw to dacus for kills or shl dacus to catch people off guard.

But fox in this can still dair force people to roll backwards and follow up with his strong up smash. My usual killing option with falco is his bair or fair and sometimes charging a forward smash when causing people to trip from the reflector which is situational of course. Dair is easier to use on the wii u but not consistent like in brawl

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
We have another thread about this... I'm pretty sure we do.

Anyway, the other differences is that Falco's attacks are generally more powerful - I don't have data to back this up, though. Air game-wise, he has three powerful moves and one that's tricky for killing, but good for combos. Bair, Fair, and if you can pull it off: Dair, are really powerful, especially Bair. Fair is generally used for racking up damage, killing, and gimping - it was awesome pre-1.04 where you could fast fall and drag people down in a semi-spike.

On the ground, Side Smash is a powerful kill move, but it's slow - slower than it was in Brawl. It's still usable though with good timing and because it has good coverage - I think it's about a 90 degree coverage of Falco's head to Falco's front. Down Smash is fast, kills, and covers Falco's sides. Up Smash is more combo-orientated, but it can kill, later on. It's like Brawl Wolf's Up Smash in function.

Tilts are all good with Side Tilt being a great spacer since Falco sort of does a front kick which covers more range than Fox's roundhouse and well, Fox's a bit short than Falco so, Falco has more reach. Up Tilt is great for combos and it lasts for a bit compared to other attacks. Down Tilt kills and setups combos since it's like a launcher. Jab combo is a jab combo, so there's not much to say.

Reflector shoots forward giving it more range, but it lacks the ability to stay in effect like Fox's Reflector. That said, since it has more range, it can work like an interrupter and a combo setup since you don't have to rush in close like Fox. I think it's a great move since it spaces and interrupts safely and quickly. It will interrupt basically anything without super armor along with being able to reflect - it can cancel Din's Fire right when it explodes, but it's better to run or shield it since it's requires tight timing.

Fire Bird is multi-hit and slightly shorter than Fox's Fire Fox since Falco already has higher jumps. Falco Phantasm can spike while Fox's can't. Blaster is another interrupter, spacing, and combo move - something where you can hit three times with it and lock an opponent in for the three shots. Sure, Fox can rack up damage, but Falco can stun people.

In short, Falco has better spacing and interrupting tools than Fox, but lacks Fox's speed and I'm assuming DPS. Falco will hit hard, but sometimes a bit too hard where you can't follow up - he can hit just enough where the opponent is off-stage and can still recover because he didn't hit hard enough to push them pass the blast line. Fox will hit more softly, but if he can rack up a ton of damage, you're screwed when he lands a kill blow at 200%. Falco's also slower, as noted by @ BltzZ BltzZ , but jumps higher; Fox is faster, but jumps less high. Like in past games, Falco horizontal moves deal more damage than his vertical moves - it's really noticeable with their Up and Side Smashes and Wolf was supposed to complete this by having a strong Down Smash. So, Falco is to Ike as Fox is to Marth.

Oh, and one more advantage: Falco doesn't have an annoying voice. :p

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace

Anyway, the other differences is that Falco's attacks are generally more powerful - I have data to back this up, though. Air game-wise, he has three powerful moves and one that's tricky for killing, but good for combos. Bair, Fair, and if you can pull it off: Dair, are really powerful, especially Bair. Fair is generally used for racking up damage, killing, and gimping - it was awesome pre-1.04 where you could fast fall and drag people down in a semi-spike.

On the ground, Side Smash is a powerful kill move, but it's slow - slower than it was in Brawl. It's still usable though with good timing and because it has good coverage - I think it's about a 90 degree coverage of Falco's head to Falco's front. Down Smash is fast, kills, and covers Falco's sides. Up Smash is more combo-orientated, but it can kill, later on. It's like Brawl Wolf's Up Smash in function.

Tilts are all good with Side Tilt being a great spacer since Falco sort of does a front kick which covers more range than Fox's roundhouse and well, Fox's a bit short than Falco so, Falco has more reach. Up Tilt is great for combos and it lasts for a bit compared to other attacks. Down Tilt kills and setups combos since it's like a launcher. Jab combo is a jab combo, so there's not much to say.

Reflector shoots forward giving it more range, but it lacks the ability to stay in effect like Fox's Reflector. That said, since it has more range, it can work like an interrupter and a combo setup since you don't have to rush in close like Fox. I think it's a great move since it spaces and interrupts safely and quickly. It will interrupt basically anything without super armor along with being able to reflect - it can cancel Din's Fire right when it explodes, but it's better to run or shield it since it's requires tight timing.

Fire Bird is multi-hit and slightly shorter than Fox's Fire Fox since Falco already has higher jumps. Falco Phantasm can spike while Fox's can't. Blaster is another interrupter, spacing, and combo move - something where you can hit three times with it and lock an opponent in for the three shots. Sure, Fox can rack up damage, but Falco can stun people.

In short, Falco has better spacing and interrupting tools than Fox, but lacks Fox's speed and I'm assuming DPS. Falco will hit hard, but sometimes a bit too hard where you can't follow up - he can hit just enough where the opponent is off-stage and can still recover because he didn't hit hard enough to push them pass the blast line. Fox will hit more softly, but if he can rack up a ton of damage, you're screwed when he lands a kill blow at 200%. Falco's also slower, as noted by @ BltzZ BltzZ , but jumps higher; Fox is faster, but jumps less high. Like in past games, Falco horizontal moves deal more damage than his vertical moves - it's really noticeable with their Up and Side Smashes and Wolf was supposed to complete this by having a strong Down Smash. So, Falco is to Ike as Fox is to Marth.

Well that's interesting! I don't play falco, but could you post the data?

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman

Anyway, the other differences is that Falco's attacks are generally more powerful - I have data to back this up, though. Air game-wise, he has three powerful moves and one that's tricky for killing, but good for combos. Bair, Fair, and if you can pull it off: Dair, are really powerful, especially Bair. Fair is generally used for racking up damage, killing, and gimping - it was awesome pre-1.04 where you could fast fall and drag people down in a semi-spike.

Yeah pretty much all this.

Fox's voice makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.
He sounds like a 14 year old, and it's glorious. Especially his up b and his "Better luck next time Falco!" on the victory screen.

Anyway Falco just has a more stage control than Fox and more off stage options, but Fox's speed makes up for him having less options.
Ffamran couldn't have given a better explanation.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well that's interesting! I don't play falco, but could you post the data?
I'm pretty sure it's in one of the threads... Hmm... I think that was a typo where I meant I didn't have data, but there the frame data from Falco, King of Birds: Game Play Discussion:
Falco's Frame data

BEGIN falco
Jab1
Hits on frame: 2.0
Hitboxes end: 5.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 3.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 30
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 90.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 80

Jab2
Hits on frame: 3.0
Hitboxes end: 6.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 2.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 30
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 60.0

unknown substate 0x55
Hits on frame: 5.0
Hitboxes end: 7.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 100
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 180.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 45

Dash Attack
Hits on frame: 8.0
Hitboxes end: 19.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 9.0
Extra Shield Damage: 1
Max Hitbox BKB: 70
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 720.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 65

F-tilt (normal)
Hits on frame: 6.0
Hitboxes end: 9.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 9.0
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 361

U-tilt
Hitboxes end: 17.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 5.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 150
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 150.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 90

D-tilt
Hits on frame: 7.0
Hitboxes end: 10.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 12.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 90
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 600.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 75

F-smash release (normal)
Hits on frame: 17.0
Hitboxes end: 21.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 15.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 90
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 630.0

U-smash release
Hits on frame: 8.0
Hitboxes end: 20.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 98
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 360.0

D-smash release
Hits on frame: 7.0
Hitboxes end: 10.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 15.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 76
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 300.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 25

Nair
Hits on frame: 3.0
Hitboxes end: 25.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 4.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 130
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 160.0

Fair
Hits on frame: 12.0
Hitboxes end: 37.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 145
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 220.0

Bair
Hits on frame: 4.0
Hitboxes end: 12.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 13.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 130

Uair
Hits on frame: 10.0
Hitboxes end: 15.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 11.0
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 297.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 68

Dair
Hits on frame: 16.0
Hitboxes end: 31.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 13.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 80
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 130.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 285

Fair Landing
Hits on frame: 1.0
Hitboxes end: 2.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 5.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 160
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 150.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 45

Pummel
Hitboxes end: 6.0

F-throw
Hits on frame: 10.0
Hitboxes end: 12.0
Extra Shield Damage: 1
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 40.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 55

B-throw
Hits on frame: 0.0
Hitboxes end: 0.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 6.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 60
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0
Max Hitbox Angle: 35

U-throw
Max Hitbox Angle: 94

D-throw
Max Hitbox BKB: 110
Max Hitbox Angle: 50

unknown substate 0x229
Hits on frame: 16.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 60
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 1020.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 40

unknown substate 0x243
Hits on frame: 20.0
Hitboxes end: 21.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 40
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 80.0
Max Hitbox Angle: 70

unknown substate 0x24b
Hitboxes end: 8.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 50
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 90.0

unknown substate 0x24c
Max Hitbox BKB: 40
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 136.0

unknown substate 0x24d
Hitboxes end: 32.0
Max Hitbox Damage: 8.0
Max Hitbox BKB: 45
Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 520.0

END falco

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I honestly can't tell actually. I mean both of them are still awesome fighters, even Falco despite his cocky and arrogant attitude.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
i've been messing around with both fox and falco online and i noticed and i prefer falco due to these perks:

-falco has a much better matchup against highly air oriented characters (villager-metaknight) due to his high jump.
-he has some amazing damage racking ability and low knockback (i hate characters with high knockbacks cuz i cant combo).
-his downthrow is effective for fast follow ups his jabs can be very annoying (getting up to 40 percent damage).
-his reflector is better at both attacking and reflecting.
-his side-b is a great movement option both in air and on ground do to the non existing lag on air and not falling down the stage when done on ground.
-he has a better recovery.
-he isnt that slow.

my strategy with him is racking up damage then getting the back-air (which is his best kill move)
i know fox is a better character competitively (i don't really care i'm somewhat of a noob and i roll way too much:lol:) but i find playing falco is cooler and way more fun (i miss fox's up smash)

ps: this is my first thread.

Top Bottom