• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Panel (Invitations)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Reserved for Falco Panel

Recommendations Received

Invitations Submitted

Currently Awaiting Response

To Do:

Topics of Discussion
Testing
Release

DeLux

This group needs additional recruitment. Right now we have two prospects. Are any lab members falco players?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Didn't Xaltis get into the Lab not too long ago?

I'm trying to think who else could help with this... but so far, I've only come up with SK92, and he's the type of guy who would just rather play the game and be/get good at it than explain his technique in full detail. Another local Falco player has already admitted to me that everything he does is self-taught as well and I probably have more to offer than he would be able to explain.

If you want though, I could ask them and see how willing either would be to do something like this. IIRC, someone, somewhere said something about panel's could also be like a to-do or a request/wishlist where it's up to certain lab members... I assume any who volunteer or who are qualified, to get the numbers/figures they want/need, and we all work from there.

If that's the case, I don't think I would mind helping a little bit with Falco in any way I could. Might be good for me to do so anyway. I wish I could make more recommendations though, but I haven't kept up with Falco's metagame aside from how to play against the character, which is only a fraction of what this is to cover, if even that.

In the case I am asked to help out, I can't say to expect much from me right now, I'm finishing up some final projects for this semester and I need to get As in all my classes or I might not qualify for a certain scholarship, so~...

If this isn't necessarily due anytime soon, I can finish my schoolwork, finish some things I said I'd do for Sonic, check anything for Zero Suit Samus I probably should've done weeks/months ago, then this would be the next thing on my agenda. Might take me a month, but that's tops.

:093:

DeLux

Once I get around to it (ie: tomorrow), I'll put him through the orientation real quick. He accepted the invitation, I'm just caught up at work, so I wouldn't be able to add him to the skype chat and things like that.

-Will look into jab1 advantages over spring break due to the DamageN1 (?) animation that seems to give characters more frames where they cannot make an action.

That is, look into the mechanics of damageN animations and stuff due to jab
-Dtilt shield push
-Nair 1-3 hits hitstun low to the ground vs aerial target.

Jab1 puts characters into their DamageAir1 animation (?)

Falco
-Cannot jump without SDI
-SDI up x1 can jump out
-2 free frames. That is after these 2 free frames, the jab originator can start his next animation (i.e. shield)

Snake

-can jump without SDI
-can pull a nade
-0 free frame; regardless of decay

IC
-can jump out with SDI
-1 free frame; regardless of decay

Marth
-can jump without SDI
-UpB punish
-0 free frames; regardless of decay

Diddy
-cannot jump without SDI
-SDI up x1 do jump
-2 free frames; regardless of decay

MK
-cannot jump without SDI
-SDI up x1 can jump out
-SDI up x2 can Uair Falco
-2 free frames; regardless of decay

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Just throwing my name in on this, even though this overall project seems on hold.

I have a few ideas in some areas that could be tested or data gathered on.
-Full frame mapping
-Frame advantages (relative safety) of jab1, jab2, or jab100 against X character
-Mapping chaingrab advantages and options out of chaingrabs (examples: boost pivot grab, chain grab length with decay of dthrow, dthrow -> jab, jab -> dacus (bdacus?))
-Aerial advantages (FF Nair, strong/weak Bair, strong/weak Dair, Dair spike (onstage) -> Uair
-Ledge invisibility usage (Stage specific BF: drop from ledge -> 2nd jump -> airdodge up to lower platform)
-Laser advantages (from ledge and short hop)
-Proper explanation of SideB
-explanation of dthrow facing away from the ledge against toonlink, G&W, king dedede, and pikachu resulting in reduced knockback
-Stage situations of forcing edgeslip mechanics to produce laserlock situations
-Match-up specific situations (Shiek's Ftilt lock, fast grab release (ICs/Pika))
Help me with my Frame Trap Thread.

Top Bottom