• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

soap

Smash Hero
i usually do laser dair shine grab whenever i get a solid dair in on a shield

the same thing can be done with nair, but can u shine in time if u do a rising sh nair?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
be pro and do nair/dair-->shine-->nair/dair and DI back, out of grabrange.
If he grabs you can fsmash =D

soap

Smash Hero
i do need to do that more, it seems so safe.

what are some possible counters to that? wavedash jab after the dair maybe, just trying to get both sides of the coin here

Ryan-K

Smash Master

what are some possible counters to that? wavedash jab after the dair maybe, just trying to get both sides of the coin here
hit you with an aerial

kk is right though, cross ups are better besides the fact that u can't really get grabbed, you can also mix it up with a shine ->grab behind them, utilt their shield, just grab them, or w/e u want

Falcinho

Smash Ace

If you don't DI away far enough Marth can still grab you, but basically you can just waveshield back or sth to reposition IF you see it coming.

and yeah, landing behind them is good too.
i occasionally land behind them with a dair, then i shineturnaround and JCgrab :laugh:

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i was gonna make a falco thread

instead i like urs better =D

any one else agree

that sheild pressure with falco sucks now?

lol

i cant sheild pressure fox without

gettting shined out of sheild or grabbed =(

marth does all these dumb things

no moer shield pressure for me lol

Falcinho

Smash Ace
yeah like

many people nowadays

have a really good shieldgrabtiming

+ they do gay things like

switch to lightshield and grab

or shine/usmash out of shield

Srsly i usually only go for spaced aerials
or if they let me i do a late aerial-->shine
and then i either JC grab or do another sffhl'd aerial while DIing back to space it
or sometimes i just wavedash back lol

edit: except against CF, it's funny to shieldpressure falcons =D

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i was gonna make a falco thread

instead i like urs better =D

any one else agree

that sheild pressure with falco sucks now?

lol

i cant sheild pressure fox without

gettting shined out of sheild or grabbed =(

marth does all these dumb things

no moer shield pressure for me lol
god your posting style upsets me, lol...

And yea, with shine out of shield and powershield your aerial -> grab or spaced short hop fair out of shield, shield pressuring spacies and Marth these days is much more difficult than it used to be when you could just like, see a shield and then pillar it until your shield stabbed them :(... I'll post some of the counter strategies I've been thinking about and trying to incorporate into my game to keep pressure on these characters.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
the only character i think i try to shield pressure a lot against is falcon. (with fox. LOL)
it's too fun/funny.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
If you're shield pressuring someone with Falco (or Fox), you could always shine -> JC-Grab. JC-Grab out of shine is so underrated and underused.
i only think about it against fox/falco. haha
but i agree. totally underused.

i started doing shine then charge up an usmash on shield, its prety trixy
i like to run up to shields and shine usmash now.
it pushes them too far away to punish, and it looks hella cool LOL

Adi

Smash Lord
Hmm never heard of the shine -> usmash, seems kinda useless compared to your other options outta shine but w/e I'll try it out lol.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
As many cool practice techniques as I have, I don't really have one for ledge teching, I just sorta picked it upin friendlies :\. Motion Censor bombs is the most common practice I've heard of, though btt should also work, sorta... I dunno, I don't know how well either of those practices would translate into real matches. So much of techining is just training yourself to know when you're about to get hit and that's something that's hard to teach outside of experience.

Sorry for the additional delay people, work has been ****** me sideways, I worked a 16 hour day yesterday :\. I have about half of Lesson 3 written and promise it will be up for MLK day.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
cool cool cant wait

yeah ledge teching is something really that you just ahve to train yourself to do...i dunno i just picked it up one day.

EpicFear

Smash Cadet
i tried training with a friend to get ledetechs down on falco's dair and d-smash but it rarely works when we try so hard. lol. i ended up getting a lot better at it with just target test and motion sensor bombs. well...those and playing actual matches

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I get a friend to use Peach on FD. I jump off the edge and Fire Bird/Phantasm back onto the edge and Peach will DSmash.

Another way to practice with a friend is for him to play Falco and SHFFL his Dairs at you when you are using Fire Bird directly under the ledge so you go straight up. If you did it correctly and did a wall jump, Phantasm back in and have the Falco DSmash and just repeat. If you get under, Fire Bird and etc. 99 Lives.

I think practicing with a friend is better than with motion censor bombs/target practice because your friend might notice something you're doing wrong. Or at least it works better for me this way.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
^yeah that's probably the best way, cuz you will be prepared in different siuations.

----
On another note does anyone know if shine-upB combos at low %ages against Samus?
Or at least almost so that it stays reliable?

Cuz last time i played against a Samus i tried this once or twice in one of our last friendlies and now im curious if this actually works if the Samus tries to get out (and doesn't suck)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
^yeah that's probably the best way, cuz you will be prepared in different siuations.

----
On another note does anyone know if shine-upB combos at low %ages against Samus?
Or at least almost so that it stays reliable?

Cuz last time i played against a Samus i tried this once or twice in one of our last friendlies and now im curious if this actually works if the Samus tries to get out (and doesn't suck)
I'm relatively sure that it doesn't work on Samus at all if they just wiggle out of tumble and air dodge, or like, do anything. I could be wrong, but Samus doesn't seem to stay in hit stun for very long, so I just go for shines off teh top.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
I just started using Falco again after today but whats the easiest way to waveshine and lhdl?

How do you practice them too?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
you do it easiest by doing it the way thats most comfortable

you practice by practicing until you get consistent

brawl has warmed up too many people to quick fixes LOL

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Too true. Just practice. That's how I got pretty fast at waveshining. Just keep doing it, until you no longer have to think about it. Do it until you no longer think "shine>Y>L>control stick" and just think "waveshine." I heard that it helps AT FIRST to think of it as "shine>wd>shine, etc," until it becomes subconscious.

Top Bottom