• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
my falco is getting better but im having a hard time shinning with falco i dont jump out all the time and it seems when i press down b it doesn't even work some times how do i make my shines faster

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Make a how to beat peach and sheik video :D
Against Peach hold up. Against Sheik hold down. :)

With Peach all you need is poke/laser her to 15% then combo your *** off.

With Sheik you have to get your laser game really tight. When you get your significant attack in (ie. shine) she should be off the stage for an easy edgeguard. edit: Also ftilt ***** Sheik hard.

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
What are some common ways to follow up a shine on medium-lightweight characters (think Marth and Sheik) at mid-high percents?
I always just do shine bair so I'm looking for other things.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So does anyone realize how easy it is to kill puff with a shine off the top of the stage? on yoshi's i've comboed dair->shine and killed ~100% and it probably works much earlier than that.

also, i've killed as low as 53% from just above the top platform (nowhere near the magnifying glass)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah Yoshi's story is the only stage you're ever going to kill jiggs with shine.

Maybe once in a blue moon on Pokemon Stadium.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yes, everyone realizes it. the problem is that Jiggs moves a lot from her DI, so as long as she's DIing combos correctly, it's difficult to combo into a death shine.
No mogwai, SVeet has already said that falco can kill ppl off the top of dreamland at like 10 % and its viable.

WAy easier than resting

Sveet says its good dude. Its gotta be true

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Easiest way to kill luigi:

Mindgame your opponent and get a 3rd controller in as another luigi. Then declare a luigi-ladder-off by shouting "LAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEER TIME!!!!!!!!". As the luigis start going up, use your feet to control the controller controlling falco and aim a shine for the evil luigi. I'm fairly sure that this will kill sub-10%

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Easiest way to kill luigi:

Mindgame your opponent and get a 3rd controller in as another luigi. Then declare a luigi-ladder-off by shouting "LAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEER TIME!!!!!!!!". As the luigis start going up, use your feet to control the controller controlling falco and aim a shine for the evil luigi. I'm fairly sure that this will kill sub-10%
Why aren't you the best player in the world yet?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Why aren't you the best player in the world yet?
I thought he was.......

But more to the point is there anything you can do in falco dittos when they're spamming lasers (particularly on FD) is there another way other than just spamming them back? or trying to powershield?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
try sheild the laser then Double jump double laser.

it should work out so that their next laser goes under you as you're in the air and then the second laser you shoot should hit them thus giving you the advantage.

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
Hey, is shinegrab useful and give some good situations and characters that could necesitate it's use. Also, what's an effective way to shorten the phantasm...button mash?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hey, is shinegrab useful and give some good situations and characters that could necesitate it's use. Also, what's an effective way to shorten the phantasm...button mash?
not really THAT useful, but if you don't like shield pressure and they shield your aerial its easy grab basically

and phantasm is just practise..or mashing, but if i mash it always does the shortest one when sometimes i want like the middle one or whatever

JPOBS

Smash Hero
also when you grab fox what do you do? Up-throw seems natural for a FF'er but i allways get naired or daired out of it - should I u-throw -> nair or uthrow->shine? or what?
If you didn't know i mean when there's not a platform above me
falco's grabs vs fox are at the best a cheap mindgame.

generally, always throw in the direction which will put them offstage

theres a few things you can do and follow up based on their DI.
Upthrow sometimes leads to nair or fair.
Downthrow can lead to regrabs if they DI out and sheild
backthrow can lead to turnaround ftilts and sh dairs and junk if they DI in or you could run and regrab then which is lols

keep in mind, none of these things actually combo and is entirely DI dependent or dependent on the reaction speed of your opponent. but the goal is the trick them and then lol at them for being dumb.

the best way to short the phantasm i've found is hit B immediately after the high pitched ZING sound that happens right before falco starts to move.

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
X1-12's response was a complete fail and a waste of my time. However, JPOBS helped me efficiently and effectively. I can do short phantasms consistently now. Thanks JPOBS!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
until now...

I dunno, I honestly have barely been playing for the last month. I might try to write some stuff over the next couple weeks as I'll be traveling a lot and will need something to do on my train rides, but I'm not promising anything as I've been unmotivated to write lessons and matchup guides recently.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
No sense in writing things when you have nothing to write.

Go destroy Jiggs and write about 'how'

Falco grabbing Fox, just because it doesn't 'true combo' doesn't mean it can't be really freakin good.

Grab him just like you'd grab anyone. It's good.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
everytime i land a combo out of a grab vs fox i laugh out loud mid match.

upthrow->shine
dthrow-> shine/dsmash
fthrow-> fthrow

all these things give me lulz

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
uthrow combos into aerial and aerial shines a lot. fthrow leads into a tech chase. My favorite is still uthrow -> shine -> platform waveland usmash. uhg, if it weren't for platform wavelanding out of aerial shines, I think I would've stopped playing Falco about half a year ago.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
uthrow combos into aerial and aerial shines a lot. fthrow leads into a tech chase. My favorite is still uthrow -> shine -> platform waveland usmash.
wuuuuttttt Zhu's the only dude that pulls that sheeit off!

Every time.

I'm gonna try that tho.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea its his reflector^

and i love pulling upthrow -> shine -> etc combo ALL DAY.

but yea, shine platform wavelanding has totally changed falco's meta over the past year or so.

Top Bottom