• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Social Thread

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
see that's why I said don't question
cause droppin' too much knowledge on someone can make their brain hurt if they try to think about it

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I created a multi-shine video that I only showed to a few friends, I'm going to try and remake it sometime before I make it public. I have no clue how to record my hands AND the screen at the same time, that's my current issue: I have a Camera with a cheap 5 inch tripod to record the TV but only a phone that has no support to record my hands so I have to put a Kleenex box in front of it to make it stand up, so I have no clue how to record my hands with the phone.

Here's this guy's though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCMLHdf-1R0
My method is LIKE the first one he does, but better ;), because it doesn't take your hand off the controller at all: and it's more derived from how I learned to do the Samus to ZSS taunt trick the best way. His methods (at least the ones shown) are for Fox's harder multi-shine AND for just the hell of spamming it (so he takes his grip off the controller usually to do it even with the first, which IMO can hurt your play).

Until I remake my video though the method is basically just putting your thumb (my thumb is medium size, but one of my friends I showed it to said his thumb is smaller and had trouble doing it) between B and Y and pivoting it between the two buttons without lifting it at all using the twitching from your hand (wrist). Whatever feels best to you I guess, just keep in mind you don't need to take your thumb and move it to the other button back and forth like you would for any other type of button combination press: the B and Y are close enough to just press them through thumb rotation (It's slightly harder on White controllers since they put a little more space between them, one of the many reasons I think they suck).

Eli's method is to JC out of the shine using Control stick

Vashimus

Smash Master
While P:M kept these features they can now be used in a lot more scenarios (side-b edge cancel or mario's new up-b wall-jump)

I think the only thing falco can edge cancel in melee is up-b
And wall jumps in melee are not nearly as viable as they're in P:M
Mario could wall-jump out of his Up-B in Melee as well.

Admittedly, the Project M website needs to update the character overviews to 2.5

:phone:

JKJ

Smash Ace
I play Falco in both Melee and P:M, and honestly P:M Falco just feels wrong. I mess up my SHL's, my Reverse SHL's, my combos, everything, even against fox on FD. Idk what it is, he just feels...clunkier.
Just my two cents though. If P:M felt exactly like Melee it's all I would play, just sayin'.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I disagree, his laser game feels especially better in P:M. I say this as someone who played Melee Falco dittos extensively with my friend before v1 of P:M was out. How good is your laser game in Melee?

What if you recorded your best laser control/retreating lasers and all that in Melee, then I recorded my best in P:M: and then mine is better than yours? that makes my opinion better than yours right? Wanna do that? =)

The only thing that isn't the same or better is the meatyness of hitboxes/moves in Melee, where they somehow felt like they packed more of a punch

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You could always choose another character. There are like 30 of them.

tripwire

Smash Journeyman
Because Falco is Falco. Nothing new comes to mind. Gives this man a laser gun. Seriously what would you like to discuss towards Falco.

wza

Smash Rookie
i was wondering if any of you can help me with shdl. i can shl 100% of the time my problem is that i cant short hop high enough to do the first laser. i can only full hop or short hop, im playing on dolphin with a ps3 im thinking this might be the problem...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dair shine dair shine dair shine utilt dair shine bair edgeguard with your 1/3rd of a second spike

cheese619

Smash Ace
So, I'm a melee falco main and I'm having a lot of trouble Isai-dropping in P:M with Falco. Isai-dropping is something I hit 95% of the time in melee facing either way, but I am not nearly as consistent in P:M and I feel like I have to input the drop way later. Is anyone else having this issue? I don't think it's in my head :p

cheese619

Smash Ace
Hm, I feel like he flows better/moves more smoothly in melee but I also feel like some things are easier to perform in P:M, for example the timing window in waveshining feels much more leniant. +he has more movement options in P:M because of wavebouncing etc.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Alright I just messed around a lot in both games testing things. One thing I am 100% sure is different is that in melee if Falco shines in the air and then turns around in shine before jump cancelling, there are some frames where you cannot jump cancel. This doesn't exist in p:m, I tried about 20 different timings and things with different turn arounds in shine and every time the jc came out where it wouldn't melee. I am certain that this is the case. Furthermore by messing with the cancel window of shine, waveshines feel much more lenient, I am not 100% sure that they are but it felt to me like timings that I performed that didn't result in a successful wave shine in melee, always worked in p:m. Could any devs confirm this and let us know if this was intentional and/or the reasoning behind this. Ty

Top Bottom