• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Thread(Updated on 7/14/2008)

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
This match up sounds a bit like the big thing you have to do here is play a mind game of baiting and discouraging, and it also sounds like you have to force him into being aggressive.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
I didnt include fsmash because that move is incredibly slow and punishable. The only time you should get hit by that move is if youre predicted. You wont see a falco try to outspace or punish your dtilt with fsmash or try to fsmash you if you get too close while crawling. Same way we dont do the same with our fsmash, I didnt include our fsmash even though it outspaces his everything also because its not realistic.

Anyways, yes you have to still be careful about the lasers. To QA you have to jump over them, remember this is if hes just lasering on the ground. Crawling yes, you have to time it or just powershield. Falcos wont ever really try just lazering on the ground though because its not effective.

Also, close range doesnt necessarily mean aggressive. You should still keep an eye out for his grab.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I didnt include fsmash because that move is incredibly slow and punishable. The only time you should get hit by that move is if youre predicted. You wont see a falco try to outspace or punish your dtilt with fsmash or try to fsmash you if you get too close while crawling. Same way we dont do the same with our fsmash, I didnt include our fsmash even though it outspaces his everything also because its not realistic.

Anyways, yes you have to still be careful about the lasers. To QA you have to jump over them, remember this is if hes just lasering on the ground. Crawling yes, you have to time it or just powershield. Falcos wont ever really try just lazering on the ground though because its not effective.

Also, close range doesnt necessarily mean aggressive. You should still keep an eye out for his grab.
Every Falco i've played against has punished my crawling with a f-smash and nothing else, and Pika's f-smash isn't that bad and if you space it right you could punish someone for trying to punish you if you can guess how long the lag is with the distance to pull out another.

Won't QAing with a jump either leave you free falling/some form of lag, or set you up to get hit with a lazer. Also staying on the ground and lazering is another thing that every Falco i've faced has done to me, but they don't just do that alone the lazers are meant to make me approach.

Well yes but it's easy to bait and punish a grab, because most any character with a CG makes that their big thing when up close from my experience.

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
Okie dokie, Falco Falco Falco. Well getting a grab isn't that hard, He has to approach because you can duck all his funky specials (shine, laser) I've seen them short hop single laser for the cancel and do a phantasm which can work but you can see it coming and sheild it, As far as getting a grab is concerned, Don't make it obvious you are going for a grab and you don't have to grab them at 0% for it to work, You can hit them with a tjolt or 2 or a uair or any other various things and get them around 20-23% and it should work fine. I find that following with CGs with a nair usually provides more kills than a usmash just because they know that thunder is coming, with them off stage a lot of different things can happen. I was wanting to bounce something off the rest of the Pika mains. If you cg near the edge and buffer a fsmash and they are di'ing for a Usmash will they have time to react and shield/airdodge or can it actually get a hit because if it hits and they are di'ing for a usmash I'm pretty sure they are dead on any stage. I know it would be super situational but do you guys think it would work?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Players would normally have sufficient reaction time to shield or at least jump from it phael.

Lol even...PZ you are a hilarious dude.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
the thing that tips the balance is falcos ridiculous jab to grab combo. his spotdodge is prety good as well, its not that even, but pikachu can still get the grab without too much problem, we have our own utilt to grab

Top Bottom