• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falcon and marth on team situation

Venom NY

Smash Lord
ok i go to nyc weeklies(just came back from 2v2)anyways,the rules are mlg or like mlg.
Lossers get to pick stage and characters and winner can only change.me and my teammate play falcon and marth in teams usually.ok this is the situation:

falcon,marth vs space animal and a marth or a shiek you just finished playing on battlefield what other stage cna u pick that would be bad for them but not too bad or bad at all for you?please help out all sugestions are greatly accepted ty

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
well no matter what if you have a Marth and your opponet has a Marth you are going to have the same advantages with that

so in that you need to know which Marth is a better all around player. you should pick a stage that compliments Marths even though it will help the other team that is inetitevbel
after that then it comes down to your captain Falcon Vs. the space animal

Yoshi story is a small stage which compliments marth and is sorta bad for space animals.
its good for your falcon if you are good at spiking off edge cause it is to easy to do
don't do Dreamland cause its much to big.
Rainbow cruise is good too for a Captain falcon/Marth team cause Falcon can be so quick and constentley be on a space animal
then its up to your team mate to be able to not die.

if its a sheik and space animal like you said vs you and marth
then.....make your team mate change from marth (not really but the marth has to be pretty aware of the sheik and probley stay on the space animal)
Sheik does the **** onto marth
but captain falcon is pretty good against sheik
again Rainbow cruise cause sheik can mess up her up B
and Yoshi story cause they dont have a marth anymore

but really you and your teammate need to think of your own strats based on what you are good at as a team and as players

technomancer

Smash Champion
Final Dest and Dreamland all day with Falcon in teams. Vs. Fox/Shiek go dreamland for the wide sides and ceiling to minimize the stocks that Marth loses off the top and CF loses off the side and emphasize your superior recoveries, and vs. Fox/Marth you want Final Dest just for the raw combo action and the ease of manuverability that Falcon has there to get around their janx; also chainthrowing and techchasing and all that are great there, and edgeguarding with Marth/Falcon with no platforms is serious business.

Yoshi's story is really good for Fox and Falco, because there are all kinds of ways for them to score low% KOs, esp with Fox's usmash and Falco's dsmash, and they manouver excellent and combo very well on the platforms, along with great edge play on that stage; I'd even switch to Fox if I was the Falcon player to play there. It doesn't hold the same advantages for Marth as it does in solo play either, because Marth's Fsmash is VERY punishable in teams, so he can't spam it for the ****, and also it's difficult to sweetspot his upB there because you have to fall so low. It's great if there's a Peach cuz you can knee her to death eazy fo sheezy and Marth can do his Ken combos and fsmash spam on Peach there all over, and it's pretty good vs. Shiek too (like I said if you have a Fox backup and are having trouble with le Sheik, Marth/Fox is very good against Sheik/Fox on Yoshi's).

IMO cruise is one of the better Sheik stages in teams, not so much Marth because his Fsmash setups there are weak, and though opportunities are presented for sweet knees, the same opportunities show up for Bairs for every character and are pretty glaring vs. Falcon, and you can't edgeguard at all there, but they sure as hell can spike and shinespike you.

So basically I disagree 100% with the above post (esp the part where Falcon is good vs. Shiek). Stick to the flatland and practice your combos and kneeing stuff out of grabs.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm, I wouldent go with the flat land because if the space animal is Falco then his SHL is such a hard thing to over come in teams. So I wouldent do FD, but Dreamland would be good against a sheik/Fox

Also another stage to consider is Kongo Jungle 64
Really high celing so Fox can't kill you
bad SHL Stage cause it slopes
Marth does good cause of rotating playforms
Both Sheik and space animal have to sweet spot edge most the time (Which Is either really hard or impossible here)
Captain falcons revovery is made easyer because you can go throw stage.

Defitley consider Kongo Jungle

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Dreamland 64 if falcon's best stage in teams.

Falcon's amazing vertical endurance and the huge ceiling will make it so vertical kills are practically useless against him. And at high percents on that stage event horizontal kills are a ***** because of down b recovery. Dreamland for sure.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Hmmmm, I wouldent go with the flat land because if the space animal is Falco then his SHL is such a hard thing to over come in teams. So I wouldent do FD, but Dreamland would be good against a sheik/Fox
I disagree! SHL isn't so bad because it's really hard to get a spam setup going in teams, so they can't shut you down, and Marth is one of the best characters to deal with it because of his long grab range, as well as Falcon's speed.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
Dreamland 64 if falcon's best stage in teams.

Falcon's amazing vertical endurance and the huge ceiling will make it so vertical kills are practically useless against him. And at high percents on that stage event horizontal kills are a ***** because of down b recovery. Dreamland for sure.
another thing ...is this stage good for marth?

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
To me they don't make a good team at all no back up stargties especailly if falco gets in the way marth and marth gets in the way of falco.

ps ethier way ownage
I think that Marth and Falcon make a pretty good team
but I would much rather have a ganondorf, fox, or jiggs by my side
but Marth is good for falcon.
Combing wise Marth and Falcon are amazing.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Have you ever seen a true team before and if you did you would question this a workable team.Take pika and young link for examples, they have great edge garding moves and they also can be mean if you play them right. Like if pika needs a jump in comes young link with a bomb and same for pika up air. When captin and marth are teams they kill other that is all they can do. Not to say that in a match you can just throw a bomb to save your teamate but you have a higher chance to win, When no life is lost.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Yagami, that's both false and ridiculous, stop killing your partner. Marth takes care of one corner with his gay edgeguarding and Falcon takes the center space and goes with it, and throw/knee combos are amazing. Anything marth does in the air won't really interrupt Falcon but will generally prevent Marth from getting hit by Falcon so no worries about suprise knees unless Falcon tries to knee Marth's grabber or grabee and misses lol.

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
Yeah, ignorance! Not really, but you know.

Technomancer, I think is the authority here so I'd go with him.

Okay, assuming you are the Falcon player in this situation, you're going to have to be more flexible in character choice. There are some stages that C. Falcon is just plain bad on, and sometimes your better off switching charies. Space animals are excellent partners for Marth .

And off-hand, if you are getting in your teammates way as Falcon then you need to rethink you teamwork, or get some if you don't have any. The only time you should ever accidently hit Marth is while his is in a grab. It's pretty entertaining when it happens though.

So, back on topic now:

FD and DS64. Keep in mind CF likes alot of room for his insane combos and FD and DS provide not only that, but high cieling (which makes killing him vertically difficult) and wides sides for Falcon Kick-assisted recov. Not to mention CF can get anywhere almost instantly to help out (with a grab, edgeguard, ect.) and get back in time to edgeguard who he was fighting. While normally Falco is god on FD, teams changes that since the SHL is much harder to use effectively.

Granted these stages don't necessarily put them at a disadvantage, but they help accent your character strengths.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You want to take as many advantages of the space animals away as possible since marth-marth is a wash, and since Falcon and Marth both don't have great vertical kill moves, you want to take away the space animal's. I'd say Dream Land 64

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Have you ever seen a true team before and if you did you would question this a workable team.Take pika and young link for examples, they have great edge garding moves and they also can be mean if you play them right. Like if pika needs a jump in comes young link with a bomb and same for pika up air. When captin and marth are teams they kill other that is all they can do. Not to say that in a match you can just throw a bomb to save your teamate but you have a higher chance to win, When no life is lost.
what the **** are you talking about?
1.Who says Falcon and Marth kill each other?
thats totally player dependent
2.Pika and young link would be a terrible team so stfu
3.that pike younjg link bomb combo is going to work 1 percent of the time
4.Falcon and Marth are a good team
watch Ken and Isai when Isai Plays falcon
they ****

Top Bottom