• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falcon crouch cancel after second jab>jab is too good (+vid)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
The vid is found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JLE6zycPWc

crouch cancel>jab (especially jab>jab>crouch cancel>jab>jab>crouch cancel>jab>jab etc.) is too good.

When your opponent gets hit by this, this can easily net you at least 4 more jabs<3
This seriously works wonders.

I implemented this into my game, and my jab game got alot better.
Even as it is escapable, this can rack up damage nicely and can even works on good opponents.

Seriously, try it ^_^

Zeallyx

it is too good... thats why i use it

i thought everyone did
unfortunatly, almost no one uses it (I have only had one opponent falcon who used it, and he was not even using it to its full potential)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
yeah Jab's are an effective use of pacing, the crouch canceling has been found already in Melee and i'm pretty sure everyone knows about it in Brawl.

and don't say that it EVEN works on good players............everyone is vunerable to EVERY attack. I do have the possibility of JV 4 stocking M2K with only raptor boost, the odds are low but it's still possible if I space correctly and mindgame effectively. If you ever think that your combo's aren't going to work on good players for the sole reason that their "good" then you might as well give up.

most important piece if advice from RaynX: "never overestimate your opponent and never underestimate yourself"

and jab cancels are probably Falcon's best tool

Zeallyx

yeah Jab's are an effective use of pacing, the crouch canceling has been found already in Melee and i'm pretty sure everyone knows about it in Brawl.

and don't say that it EVEN works on good players............everyone is vunerable to EVERY attack. I do have the possibility of JV 4 stocking M2K with only raptor boost, the odds are low but it's still possible if I space correctly and mindgame effectively. If you ever think that your combo's aren't going to work on good players for the sole reason that their "good" then you might as well give up.

most important piece if advice from RaynX: "never overestimate your opponent and never underestimate yourself"

..well you know what I mean, right.
and I never said it was new, as I know it isn't.
Like I said before, it is just underused in my experience (as in, have faced alot of opponents who didn't use it)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
You liar, I wasn't DIing out, I was DIing down :p
I tried to DI down so I could put up shield and grab you.
This could only be used to do jab, jab, cancel, jab, jab, do whatever you wanted to do. This should work no more than once with a bit of DI.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You rock.

Zeallyx

You liar, I wasn't DIing out, I was DIing down :p
I tried to DI down so I could put up shield and grab you.
This could only be used to do jab, jab, cancel, jab, jab, do whatever you wanted to do. This should work no more than once with a bit of DI.
..oh, I thought no one in their right mind would do that. (I mean DIing down)
my bad.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
i do this, but only offline. online seems to weird for me to do it. but i usually only crouch cancel the first jab over and over. but ill probably start using the second too. good **** :D

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
i do this, but only offline. online seems to weird for me to do it. but i usually only crouch cancel the first jab over and over. but ill probably start using the second too. good **** :D
It's really nooby, but I multijab online a lot lol. Crouch canceling seems harder there, I end up dtilting or multijabbing instead anyway :ohwell:

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
unfortunatly, almost no one uses it (I have only had one opponent falcon who used it, and he was not even using it to its full potential)
is this me you're talking about? I remember i mentioned this, i think last month on msn, i was asking you how you did that jab cancel so smoothly in our recent match, and you told me it was the jab pause cancel, and i mentioned that ike players use jab crouch cancels and that i tried using it in our online matches with falcon, and you replied, "well that's Ike"

i feel ignored :ohwell:

Zeallyx

is this me you're talking about? I remember i mentioned this, i think last month on msn, i was asking you how you did that jab cancel so smoothly in our recent match, and you told me it was the jab pause cancel, and i mentioned that ike players use jab crouch cancels and that i tried using it in our online matches with falcon, and you replied, "well that's Ike"

i feel ignored :ohwell:
I do recall someone (you) mentioning ike's crouch cancel, but if I recall correctly you were saying something along the line of 'its more a thing for ike/more useful for ike'.
Or at least, thats how I interperted it.
I don't recall you saying you were going to use it as falcon, sorry.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Why not just tap attack with more discipline. The crouch is extraneous.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
this is easier and just as, if not more, effective

Arg.

You are right in that it is an effective way to achieve the same goal, but adding any extra button or stick input to something that can be done with less is not a logical path to take in a serious match. If you fail the timing you could Dtilt, or if your jab is broken (as both versions can be shielded, dodged, etc) then you could find yourself teching in a direction that is obvious to your opponent. Again, I understand where you're coming from, but just take an hour and practice the timing on a clean singular jab, you'll thank yourself for it.

Ok so what's that? :)
Yeah, jab canceling can be done precisely without crouching, its just a tremendously dexterous method- it requires practice to use. The crouch Jab cancel, works, but is a shortcut that only replicates the other method in its offense, it doesn't factor in the possibility of failure.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I actually only ever use the tap attack method, never crouch. But I used crouch against a training bot and now I think I will do it more often because I still haven't got the timing for tap attack down... mmm
If I'm talking about the same thing as you guys, that is...
=/

Zeallyx

Arg.

You are right in that it is an effective way to achieve the same goal, but adding any extra button or stick input to something that can be done with less is not a logical path to take in a serious match. If you fail the timing you could Dtilt, or if your jab is broken (as both versions can be shielded, dodged, etc) then you could find yourself teching in a direction that is obvious to your opponent. Again, I understand where you're coming from, but just take an hour and practice the timing on a clean singular jab, you'll thank yourself for it.

Yeah, jab canceling can be done precisely without crouching, its just a tremendously dexterous method- it requires practice to use. The crouch Jab cancel, works, but is a shortcut that only replicates the other method in its offense, it doesn't factor in the possibility of failure.
I'd rather Dtilt than go into a multi jab when I 'screw up'..

Player-3

Smash Hero
No, not nescissarily.
first jab>second jab>third jab>firstjab = also jab cancel, and can let you go into multijab if you screw up.
Yeah but if your just doing 1&2 you would go into 3rd jab, amirite
and is the title of this thread First and second jab canceling
amirite

Zeallyx

Yeah but if your just doing 1&2 you would go into 3rd jab, amirite
and is the title of this thread First and second jab canceling
amirite
Dont try to be a smart ***

first jab>second jab>first jab, using regular jab cancel, takes quite a while.
first jab>second jab>crouch cancel>first jab, is faster. (even when its just as fast, the crouch cancel'd variation is much easier to use, thus more practical).

Player-3

Smash Hero
Dont try to be a smart ***

first jab>second jab>first jab, using regular jab cancel, takes quite a while.
first jab>second jab>crouch cancel>first jab, is faster. (even when its just as fast, the crouch cancel'd variation is much easier to use, thus more practical).
but thats not what i was talking about... i was talking about that it would go to third jab and not multi jab.. i cant crouch cancel for the life of me so i use the tap method because i have a pretty good sense of rhythm and its easier for me, amirite is just a stupid internet meme, not beign a smartass, im being the internets

Zeallyx

but thats not what i was talking about... i was talking about that it would go to third jab and not multi jab.. i cant crouch cancel for the life of me so i use the tap method because i have a pretty good sense of rhythm and its easier for me, amirite is just a stupid internet meme, not beign a smartass, im being the internets
That was what hiza was talking about, and as you continued his point of the arguement, that was indeed what you meant.

Player-3

Smash Hero
That was what hiza was talking about, and as you continued his point of the arguement, that was indeed what you meant.
I wasnt saying how one method was better than the other or vice versa, i was saying that if you tap method'd'd you wouldnt go into multi jab if you messed up
<_<

im not gonna argue anymore cuz im tired of spamming

its only fun when its trolling, and this isnt trolling its stupid pointless flaming
>:

Zeallyx

I wasnt saying how one method was better than the other or vice versa, i was saying that if you tap method'd'd you wouldnt go into multi jab if you messed up
<_<

im not gonna argue anymore cuz im tired of spamming

its only fun when its trolling, and this isnt trolling its stupid pointless flaming
>:
The tap method is (also) first jab>second jab>third jab>first jab..wich is what I was referring to.

and FYI, this is actually on topic

Zeallyx

oh it is?
awesome then

but you can tap method 1>2>1 also, cant you?
or was that just a mess up on my opponents part when i did that
Yes you can, but one has to wait for the jab to 'reset' wich takes a while.
Making crouch cancel faster/easier.
And seriously, after not too much practice, one will almost never use an unwanted Dtilt.

Top Bottom