• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon doesn't look right...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Haha. Well.

Way, way back in 2005 I was talking to friends about how Sakurai, being another developer (albeit a game developer, where I'm only an animator) would want to greatly diversify and create more distance in how the characters from different worlds and franchises would appear. After all, the cast of characters will be bigger and everything being realistic is boring when you can be creative with top of the line artistic software, no?

So I thought among many things "Hey, perhaps they'll use pseudo cel-shading to make Captain Falcon look like a 70s comic super hero!". Of course I saw him a few weeks ago and that clearly wasn't the case (which comes as no surprise). But however it looks like they modeled him to look like he did before SEGA got their hands on him and made the art so realistic.

Falcon in F-Zero X:

Falcon in Super Smash Brothers (N64)

So yeah, I think the idea was to make him look cheesy and outlandishly exaggerated. Kind of like Samus looks a bit bulky like she did in Super Metroid, as opposed to how much slimmer her armor become in the recent years. I mean, it's Smash Brothers. Everything is going to look ridiculous in the end. :p
I agree 100% with that. It does not look so bad to me.

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
I saw the exact same thing. it looks wierd but at least they included his niples again and also in the top left screenshot, he even has a cameltoe!!!!!!!???????

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
i think he's boots are a bit bigger and that makes him look shorter but other then that he's character models better than melee

Top Bottom