• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon has reach <

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I discovered that when playing against characters with reach, using Captain Falcon's tilt A attacks became very effective. They combat the distance and initiate fairly quickly.

It has solved my swordsman problems for now...

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Marth's A jab has more reach than any of Falcon's tilts and comes out significantly faster.

Also what stops people like Toon Link from using their own tilts to increase their range?

Falcon does not have reach.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Yes, the tilts are fairly good moves, but as Key said, they have better tilts. The tilts are best used to make them use their tilts and rangier moves, which you can punish because they are much slower.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
I don't think falcon has great reach in general, but his tilts aren't bad. His reach really shouldn't be that big of an issue if you're spacing is any good though. Also on a sidenote, you probably don't want to be in many situations where his forward tilt barely hits or misses. Preferably you're only throwing out moves that are either fast enough to be hard to punish, or waiting until you're sure you can hit the opponent.

Roager

Smash Ace
The only swordsman this works on is Toon, as near as I can tell. Maybe Link, but not Marth or Ike. They have far more range than Falcon. But against most fighters, Falcon's tilts can out-range other people. Keep them at a distance.

SuperPookum

Smash Cadet
Mind games, especially with the side b since it has a slow startup. Use it when you charge them and you seem the tip of the sword coming. Marth will sword raep unless you do. Keep them guessing, but his dtilt and side tilt work pretty good based on speed. His utilt is slow but puts them into a chance for battery knee, but usually you will use dtilt for that anyway.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
You say that others can reach farther, true, but would you rather use Neutral A? I only use that to rack up damage becuase of the combo. Poeple I've played said that it is a cheap combo becuase its knee doesn't hit them away like in Melee (that's a good thing, right?)

:)

Roager

Smash Ace
You say that others can reach farther, true, but would you rather use Neutral A? I only use that to rack up damage becuase of the combo. Poeple I've played said that it is a cheap combo becuase its knee doesn't hit them away like in Melee (that's a good thing, right?)

:)
You'd be amazed how many Falcon mainers miss the knockback on the knee. If these people you're fighting think that his jab is broken because we've lost the gentleman, they never played a good Melee Falcon.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
You'd be amazed how many Falcon mainers miss the knockback on the knee. If these people you're fighting think that his jab is broken because we've lost the gentleman, they never played a good Melee Falcon.
No, not the Knee of Justice. Oops. I mean the part of his A combo were he knees into the punches.

Top Bottom