• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Kyick?

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
So I've been toying around with Falcon Kick, and it actually seems like it can be used for more than just recovery. When it clanks I'm pretty sure there's almost no wind down, and it moves you far enough away that when it makes contact you have time to either get your bearings or follow it up, depending on percentage.

However, I don't see it used often. Is it just because it's too risky if they shield it? Or is it because he yells FALCON KICK like an hour before he actually kicks? It just seems like it's really useful to throw out every once in a while when you're getting pressured at the ledge and your opponent doesn't expect it.

I could be missing something. I just wanted some clarification :)

EDIT: On an unrelated note, is Marth gay, or is every character just gay when you play Falcon? Just needed some clarification.

0Room

Smash Lord
Getting off ledge I assume
I don't use it because

1) The knockback is useless
2) the knockback is useless
3) the knockback is useless
4) the lag is kind of ridiculous
5) the knockback is useless

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Getting off ledge I assume
I don't use it because

1) The knockback is useless
2) the knockback is useless
3) the knockback is useless
4) the lag is kind of ridiculous
5) the knockback is useless
It combos into elbow at certain percents on spacies.

Because that isn't hyper-situational.

voorhese

Smash Master
it does, i hear its trajectory is like fully DI dependant or something, so in theory with terrible DI, like mine you would get comboed out of the kick

J_Noodles

Smash Cadet
If you start falcon kick on the middle of yoshi story's platform (left or right one), once the falcon kick animation ends, there'll be no lag and you can jump and platform cancel an aerial. This might not make any sense but it's worth mentioning.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think it's a good mixup when you're cornered at the ledge vs Peach and Falco. Those two don't really have the footspeed to punish hard if a Falcon Kick hits through their shield. Don't do it vs Marth though, if you get punished you'll probably have DI'd down from using the Falcon Kick on your way to death.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Circle camp Kongo Jungle 64 by Falcon Kicking across the top platforms :awesome:

In all seriousness if you don't spam it sometimes you can get people who are trying to grab you because Falcon Kick makes you lean back a bit ... but I think Raptor boost gets you the same thing and usually leads to knee so you might as well be doing that unless they're at like 150% or something dumb

Also it occasionally sends them backward for no reason which is hilarious because they almost never DI that one correctly (and why would you be DIing it correctly when it's supposed to be sending you the right way instead of offstage)

Windrose

Smash Lord
It depends on what part of the hitbox you hit them with just like anything else ie. reverse knee.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well sometimes it just looks like they're still in front of you and it just has no business reversing but it does anyways
Just to screw them over

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah I take back everything I said
Falcon Kick ***** people who are already holding a direction

Especially Fast Fallers, for whatever reason.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
you can tech chase fast fallers sometimes from a falcon kick and get a grab.

if they are RIGHT in front of you it will send them behind you which can be pretty ****

i overuse this move sometimes

Top Bottom