• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Recovery Question

spazsquirrle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-0283-4141
So I've been playing Captain Falcon a lot recently and i've noticed a few things about his recovery that I'm hoping someone can help clarify for me.

It appears that Falcon has two recovery options, over b when to the side of the stage and then up b when below the stage. The most common one i use is up b and when i use it, even if i don't make it all the way to the ledge, Falcon still magnetizes to the ledge, thus saving me.

However, when i use over b to go to the side of the ledge, i don't magnetize at all. Could i possibly be holding over for too long? I remember reading somewhere that if you do hold over than it can cause you not to grab onto the ledge.

Any help is greatly appreciated and if you need any other info to better help me then please ask.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
As far as I know the only way to delay your ledge grabbing is to hold back or down on the control stick. If you hold towards the ledge it should have no effect, so be sure your stick isn't oriented diagonally down or something.

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
Holding down on the control stick will make you fall past the edge. Also, in this game you cannot regrab the edge right away after letting go of it like you could in the main titles.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I assume that you mean "side B" when you say "over B". I believe that the "ledge-magnet" properties of Raptor Boost are far worse than Falcon Dive/upB. You have to be directly in front of the ledge (not a little above or under it) in order for RB to magnetize to the ledge.

spazsquirrle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-0283-4141
I assume that you mean "side B" when you say "over B". I believe that the "ledge-magnet" properties of Raptor Boost are far worse than Falcon Dive/upB. You have to be directly in front of the ledge (not a little above or under it) in order for RB to magnetize to the ledge.
Yea side b is what I meant, still getting used to terminology. And okay, thanks for your help

Top Bottom