• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcos Chaingrab

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So i was playing against a few Falcos the last couple of days, and i noticed something. As i was being chain grabbed toward the edge, i was trying to get out of it (Although i know its impossible until a certain percentage) using up b, and using the jump button. Once i got to the edge the spike came, and since i was still at low percentage, i attempted to jump although nothing came out. So my question is, does jumping while being chain grabbed cause you to lose the jump? Im assuming its the same with other char. that chain grab other char. as well. But as a general question does pressing the jump button while being chain grabbed cause you to lose the jump?

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
I noticed this too. My friend plays falco and does the same chain spike thing all the time.
When I went ganon I noticed it wa easy to make it back to the stage with the second jump.

But then when I was Bowser I mashed buttons to TRY breaking the chain throw but found I consistently lost my second jump. So I'm guessing it has something to do with pushing the jump button while being chain thrown.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Hmmm, yea i was thinking this was the case. Idk, its the gayest thing alive. Losing your jump to the gayest chain grab alive.

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
You can't escape it until around 45%-50%. Even then, a pro Falco will know this and attack accordingly when you are at this percent. The mindset I have with Falco is that I play against him as if I started each stock with 60%. As soon as Falco grabs you, you're going to be at that percent regardless so you have to play very careful against him. Know how to space him.

Edit
Also, it isn't a bad idea to Up B when he is chain grabbing you. There's always that chance that the player may screw up on the timing or that he may trip.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
During chain grab I mash sideB, as you recover, whiff his throw, pitfall him than get a free Fsmash. But the best way around his Chaingrab is to pick Onett. =P

Top Bottom