• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's up B

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
for some reason if you up b straight up with falco facing away from the stage while getting edge guarded it's easier for him to land on the stage than if he were facing toward the stage and doing it

Vlade

Social Outcast
You're right.

At yesterday's tournament I survived an edgehog because I was firebirding vertically. For some reason when you firebird diagonally you don't seem to get as much height.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah a thread was made about this awhile ago. Something about his backflipping at the end of the Firebird actually aiding it's vertical length.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
This also helps when you "get FD'd" and Firebird into the lip. If you face the stage he'll be able to grab the ledge after he Firebirds whereas he'd miss the ledge if he faced away. Similar to Captain Falcon's Up-B only not as noticeable I guess.

Top Bottom