• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FalcOWNAGE! - A Falcon demonstrational video

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Ring My Bell said:
Gratzi on the video. Don't listen to people who give you negative feedback, they don't know what goes into the process of making a video. Hopefully you can get some good peach combos from yesterday. I'll give you a call Thurs and we can continue to make your Peach combo video.
hmmm...thats funny... i work on videos everyday in my tv. productions class....i know EXACTLY what goes into making a video...just to let you know...and if you read my post...i didn't say ANYTHING negative about the editing or quality of the video...i was impresed with that part....i just think that when you make an instructional video for a character...it should ONLY involve moves that are dependant for that character...dash dancing is not something that only falcon would do..every character should use it and who doesn't know how to push the control stick in 2 different directions....if they cant do that...then do u think the rest of the video is even relevant to that viewer.....do u think that he will be able to do the intermediate or advanced moves if he cant dashdance?...in that case....those parts should be left out of a video like this....but...it is ur video and u will do as u please...oh well....i'm out.
EDIT: now that i'm thinking abou it...y wouldn't u listen to people who give u negative feedback? if u r getting negative feedback...then maybe there is something that needs to be fixed and u should look into it...think about that one.

-hiroshi

Tapion013

Smash Lord
There's a difference between negative feedback and constructive criticism. Saying "the video is boring" and "who the phuck doesn't know how to wavedash" and "just have them watch videos of isai and darkrain" is negative feedback, not constructive criticism.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
this was a great vid, and also show a little respect. If u didn't enjoy it keep it to yourself he didn't do this to here ignorant statements, he did it for people who might be interested in learning the basics of falcon.

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
overall it was pretty good. well organized and good quality. I didnt particularly learn anything new but i understand it for newer falcons. Anyway, you should have put some up throw chains in and like tapion said the fast gentleman. Also that moonwalk was pretty weak but i bet ur still working on that. Maybe you could have put some more edge guarding techniques in and some uair combos maybe also some pivoting. But once again its a well put together vid.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've actually never really practiced moonwalking up until the making of this video. I wasn't that happy with the distance I traveled, but it's not a very important thing for all Falcon's to master so I guess that's why I just let it slide instead of keep trying to record really long moonwalks.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
If you want to do a longer moonwalk, you have to do a little dash dance first. If you just do a single dash and then try it, you'll hardly go anywhere like you did in your video.

Edit

this was a great vid, and also show a little respect. If u didn't enjoy it keep it to yourself he didn't do this to here ignorant statements, he did it for people who might be interested in learning the basics of falcon.
hiroshi's statements were far from ignorant, just negative...

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
can someone please filefront this? or yousendit/google or put it on the hub?

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Well, I didn't know what to put for you. You didn't directly help me with the video, but without some of those AIM conversations that we had in which you talked to me about matchups and combos, I'd never have had the dedication to learn how to do all that stuff on my own. So... Yeah. General help. :laugh:

Also, I'm uploading it to Filefront and editing my first post in about half an hour when the upload finishes.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i dont care how harsh i sound when i comment something...i got all your attention didn't i....anyway...i still stand behind everything i said in my second post....when i ask for criticism...i always tell them to be harsh...to tell me EXACTLY how they felt about it.....i dont let my feelings get hurt and you shouldn't either...when they are all harsh like that...it pushes me even more to fix whatever i got commented on...so please people...stop getting so defensive...oh...and thanks tapion...for somewhat defending me.

-hiroshi

emileethegreat

Smash Apprentice
Why must you all constantly argue in forums over a topic not meant to be argued! Let's review the following:

1.) This video was awesome!
a.) Also designed for Falcon's just starting out, or looking for more moves that you can't find out by pressing random buttons by yourself.
2.) h1roshi, be more elborate in your thoughts towards the movie. Like Tapion said, your reasons were a bit lacking.
3.) That's pretty much it.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
h1roshi said:
oh...and thanks tapion...for somewhat defending me.

-hiroshi
haha, no problem. I see where you're coming from, but you gotta understand not everyone takes harsh words as well as someone like you may. When someone works on something for a few hours, or even a few days, and they get a review back without one positive comment, their enthusiasm is shot. Just try to be a little more polite, and at least point out some positive things first, and then get to what should be made better. That's usually how constructive criticism works instead of saying "That was boring" right off the bat.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
still not uploaded on filefront yet? :/

i hate rapidshare, i cant even download from that site, it always gives me an error.

FaceD

Smash Cadet
Umm

h1roshi said:
i dont care how harsh i sound when i comment something...i got all your attention didn't i....anyway...i still stand behind everything i said in my second post....when i ask for criticism...i always tell them to be harsh...to tell me EXACTLY how they felt about it.....i dont let my feelings get hurt and you shouldn't either...when they are all harsh like that...it pushes me even more to fix whatever i got commented on...so please people...stop getting so defensive...oh...and thanks tapion...for somewhat defending me.

-hiroshi[/QUOTE Ok hiroshi you were trying to be cool in the beggining by putting out a negative comment and when everyone went against u u were trying to make ur comment sound nicer. you dont need to be harsh for criticism its a freaking game hows his feelings gonna get hurt not everyone is a nerd like you thank you am done :dizzy:

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Finally! My Falcon sucks so I need some instruction. Thanks for the training video, I'm going to watch it day and night for a week until my Falcon is actually mediocre instead of mega-suck.

El Flippage

Smash Rookie
Nice vid. I'll have to go try out some of this, all of that looked so awesome!

Btw, nice music choice. You can never go wrong with Children of Bodom. :bigthumbu

Tyson651

Smash Lord
a lot of the times, people dont really DI out of stomps, because they didnt expect it.

and if they do DI out of it, u can easily just give them the knee, instead of falcon punch.

ChaosKnightXD

Smash Apprentice
awesome, cant wait til it finishes downloading.

I used to play Link but now I have grown fond of Captain Falcon after seeing a Silent Assassin Vid.

I'm okay but I need alot of work on my falcon so I'm looking forward to this vid.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
andrewshen123 said:
is it just me, or do the tapion and g-reg punch combos seem easy to DI out of?
You would think wouldn't you? But you'd also think some characters up throws are easy to DI, yet you see fox's get rested all the time by up throws don't ya? It's surprisingly hard to DI.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
The Cape said:
I did the quad nair to uair to knee and Tapion Falcon Punch combo in tourney!
The first part is kinda sad, but next time you do the Tapion Punch Combo, make sure you yell! You hardly get any satisfaction when you just sit there powering up a guaranteed falcon punch. Make sure you get in to it (Ask Cunning about that. I think I broke his ear drums)

ChaosKnightXD

Smash Apprentice
I can do a chain grab with the Up throw but I can't seem to do it with the Down throw.

Every time I go to WD after the first downthrow I shield by accident.

andrewshen123

Smash Apprentice
Thornhill, ON, Canada, in the L3T area code area.
Tapion013 said:
You would think wouldn't you? But you'd also think some characters up throws are easy to DI, yet you see fox's get rested all the time by up throws don't ya? It's surprisingly hard to DI.
i still don't see how it's difficult to dodge. it may surprise them, but other than that it doesnt seem all that hard.

in fact, ive tried it on a lvl 9 computer. they DI it (one of the few things they do DI), so logically humans (who are a lot better a DI) should too.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
in fact, ive tried it on a lvl 9 computer. they DI it (one of the few things they do DI), so logically humans (who are a lot better a DI) should too.
Are you kidding me? Lvl 9's DI the Down stomp EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's programmed in to their AI to DI every single attack they are hit with. They are 100X better at DI. The only problem with them is they DI the same way every single time. It is not easy to avoid. If you down throw someone and read their tech and follow with a stomp, it's guaranteed. You can't dodge it, and once you're stompped, you're dead.

andrewshen123

Smash Apprentice
Thornhill, ON, Canada, in the L3T area code area.
Tapion013 said:
Are you kidding me? Lvl 9's DI the Down stomp EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's programmed in to their AI to DI every single attack they are hit with. They are 100X better at DI. The only problem with them is they DI the same way every single time. It is not easy to avoid. If you down throw someone and read their tech and follow with a stomp, it's guaranteed. You can't dodge it, and once you're stompped, you're dead.
how can you say they DI 100 times better if the DI the same way each time? you attack, they DI their way, you predict them before you even see where they go, you attack, etc.

anyways i dont feel like arguing with you. there's no way im going to change the mind of the person who the move is named after.

Zander805

Smash Ace
If you have ever seen Isai play (or actually played against him), you will know that he basically puts you where he wants you to be. I have seen Isai Tech Chase > Stomp on opponents 4-5 times in a row. When you are good enough, you can make your opponents Tech Roll where you want them to, and predict their movement every time. Who cares which way the computer Rolls? Why should it matter? The point of this video is to show people possible Techniques that can be used on human opponents. I'm sure If Angelo had the time, he would take clips of the Tech Chase > Stomp from some matches, but that isn't the point of the video, it is just to SHOW you what you CAN do in certain situations.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
andrewshen123 - computer's DI is really crazy, im serious they DI so good, on every single hit to, they DI to the top left, or top right of the screen if u hit them.

just the part on where they DI the same direction, its because they DI away from u.

even with that, the computer's DI is flawless, thats why its better than humans as we cannot react that fast, or get suprised so we dont DI very well.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
anyways i dont feel like arguing with you. there's no way im going to change the mind of the person who the move is named after.
You won't change my mind because I've done it on top level players in tournament play, money matches, and friendlies. The computer DI's EVERYTIME which means they have instantaneous reactions. Not only do they DI every attack, THEY SMASH DI every attack. Judging anything on a computer is ridiculous and stupid. Shine spiking doesn't work that well on computers because they even smash DI that! Yet look at how many people fall victim to that each time.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
once i get my invented punch to work, im gonna call it tyson punch LOL.

Liger

Smash Cadet
Wow! Great vid! Such a nice tutorial. Cool use of zoom. I know this has been said, but I will say, some parts I thoguht could be explained more, like using written explaination to compliment the visual. Like with wave dashing and moon walking. SHFFLing also. You can't really tell how to do them by watching. You need someone to tell you what's going on behind the scenes with the button input. But I suppose since this vid is for people who have the basic gist of Smash techniques and want to get better, I guess the explainations aren't too necessary. I didn't really miss them too much. I really liked seeing each technique shown individually, especially the punch combos. Seeing them done was very cool. In all, it was an awesome vid.

When can we expect part two? =P

Top Bottom