• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Family Fun Arcade (Granada Hills, CA) Brawl Tourney: Sunday, May 25th (NO CAP)

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Atlus: WHat you talking about?

Can't make it for teams anways, sorry. Hopefully be there for singles, though. I'll probly be playin Tekken/3S/Melee if it's up the whole time though, idk about all this Brawl stuff, LoL. We'll see...

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
EMERGENCY Round Table Needs a Ride! Please, if you can
give us a ride ,respond asap cause we need to know THANXS.
Oh and we live in norwalk close off to the 605 and the 91 and the 5
so yeah !

UltraDavidSRK

Smash Cadet
Why are wiimotes banned, of all things? If someone's dumb enough to have their batteries low and they run out of batteries while playing, or if they press power while playing, just dq them, easy solution. And once a player is done, make him take his batteries out so that there'll be no accidental button pressing from across the room.

I'll be there for singles, though.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Why are wiimotes banned, of all things? If someone's dumb enough to have their batteries low and they run out of batteries while playing, just dq them, easy solution.

well that and people forget to turn their wiimotes off, and the wiis start picking them up. so like, the wiimote might take over first player, someone puts in a controller and is like WTF WHY ISNT IT WORKING.

UltraDavidSRK

Smash Cadet
Heh I edited in a preemptive response to that, but not in time I guess. Anyway, just make the dude de-battery his wiimote once he's done playing. A few guys I know aren't coming today because they've learned how to play using the classic controller or wiimote+nunchuck.

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
is it ok if we come around 4 for the singles tourny
yes you can but come a tad bit early for sign-ups before 4.

Why are wiimotes banned, of all things? If someone's dumb enough to have their batteries low and they run out of batteries while playing, or if they press power while playing, just dq them, easy solution. And once a player is done, make him take his batteries out so that there'll be no accidental button pressing from across the room.

A perfect example was this Thursday at Pierce College where they hosted a free entry brawl tournament which the grand prize was a wii. Everyone was taking it serious. There was only one wii with one giant screen to play on. Now one guy had lost and left, but gave his buddy his wii-mote and was constantly pausing the game at random times during tournament play. So if we allow everyone to use the wii-mote, how can we find out if someone's being a DIK or not?

EDIT: Even if we told them to de-battery the wii-mote, they can secretly put them back in while our backs are turned. I'm still okay with wii-motes to allow tournament play, but its the head directors decision, if I catch you putting batteries back in or battery dying, instant round loss and any attempts to disrupt, banned from the tournament.

UltraDavidSRK

Smash Cadet
When you de-battery a wiimote that's been soft synced, it loses synchronization with the wii, and putting the batteries back in won't make it sync up again.

UltraDavidSRK

Smash Cadet
if I catch you putting batteries back in or battery dying, instant round loss and any attempts to disrupt, banned from the tournament.
Yeah, although again, putting the battery back in won't make the wiimote sync up automatically.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
I NEED A RIDE DANIMALS NEEDS A RIDE

ILL GIVE GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MONEYYYYYYYYY

I LIVE IN NORWALK CLOSE to the 605 the 5 and 91 freeway

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
When did I enjoy this tournament? The moment I stopped playing Brawl. We played Melee. Oh man, that stuff is so much fun! Moar plz.

Shoutouts, I guess:

Claire- Fun to talk to as always. Still the nicest person to me.

Blitz- Your DK is so much fun to watch. Good stuff.

Lovage- Play me in Melee. Seriously. Awesome.

Romeo- I didn't get to play your Falcon! Next time.

Kouryuu- You should have beaten me. I'll work on my spacing though. Haha.

Larry- Good seeing you again. Let's play Melee some more.

MikeHAZE- Someone who claims to suck shouldn't **** me so hard at Melee. Calm down and stick with the game. <3

Dae- Thanks for cooling me down. Again. And for the SF3 lesson!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Cmon Alex, you gotta go TL against D3.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
holy crap. i'm so exaushted. im gonna type these stupid shoutouts and pass out for 10 hours.

Never work all week then go to a concert and a tournament in the same weekend children, it's just not healthy. lol

tourney was fun, I did pretty good, I was pretty bugged by being put straight into losers out of pools but c'est la vie. no use crying over knocked over wiis eh?

Blitz - Too good as always. Glad we both made it through pools. Keep ****** with DK. Also haha you get tired when you play DDR now!

Futile - Stop being so good. ya jerk! lol. cool talkin to ya.

Nezumi - Fun as always. HOLY CRAP WE DIDNT FACE EACH OTHER!!!

Lovage - you have no dignity

JonT - ****. I hate metaknight lol

Kilo - Sorry for draggin ya down in those last couple team matches. I just lost my stride for a while there :( your lucario is too good tho!

Dae - loud as always lol. Thx for puttin up with my bracket complaints. Sry for causing trouble :(

All the guys I played in pools - Fun matches!

Overall I had fun even though the scheduling and brackets got kinda screwed up, no offense to the FFA guys of course.

and hey, give it up guys. This is officially the first tournament I've ever been to where I didn't play either Nezumi or DSF!!! (yes that includes melee)

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
Hey Glenn, I found your Wii cover for where you plug in your controllers. I'll give it to you when the next time I see you.

InsomniaK

Smash Apprentice
i agree that panda sucked... the orange chicken was terrible and my fortune cookie didnt have a fortune in it.

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah almost forgot. I like to thank everyone again for coming to our tournament and hope to see you all next time!

festizzio

Smash Champion
Something was definitely off with that orange chicken... Anyways I had fun, although my ears are still ringing from how loud it was in there. =\

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As always, I'm looking for top 8 results and characters if possible. : P

The Game II

Smash Champion
btw, I had to LMAO at the disclaimer on the DDR machine.

"The pads are 100 percent fixed as of ..."

I played the right side, so friggin horrible. Left side was way better than what it was before. I still couldn't even get close to my normal scores. =( Background johnz, sound wall johnz, elevation johnz.

= = =

Tournament results

75 players (not certain the final count) Players were separated into divisions, with 32 players remaining.

No winner. Futile (4-0) and Aero (4-1) split first and second

Third
DieSuperFly

Fourth
Romeo

Fifth
Blitz
Lovage

Seventh
Moogledude
BarDulL

Ninth
Fyzix
Recipherus
Ripn
Jon T

13th
Merk
DEHF
Nezumi
Sgt. Fluffles

17th
D.C.
EzynJay
Tyrant
Rayoi
Stank (that's how it's written on the bracket)
Mike
Dangerous
Plan9

25th
Aries
Ikki
Kevmeister (that's how it's written on the bracket)
Eric S
Will A
Organ
X-Mad
Kilo

= = =

Character usage
Futile - ex lax guy
Aero - fat king
DSF - All 35 characters. j/k. long sword guy that doesn't lag, cammo guy, kirby with a sword and mask, fat king
Romeo - fat king
Blitz - johnny 5
Lovage - 2D guy with sausage
Moogledude - Zelda's bf when he was a kid (not certain)
BarDulL - long sword guy that doesn't lag

--GCII

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Blitz used DK right? or ROB? I know what what you mean for the other characters you said except Blitz

And **** noone ever wants to play out finals anymore. DSF and Futile almost split at the UCSD triweekly to

Nicktendo

Smash Ace

some weird robot.. never heard of what its from Glen.

Did blitz use DK at all? I hope he didnt get over him. Dks mad good.. ROB is a dumb character

jocund50

Smash Apprentice

some weird robot.. never heard of what its from Glen.

Did blitz use DK at all? I hope he didnt get over him. Dks mad good.. ROB is a dumb character
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? You never heard of Short Circuit!?!?!? That is a good movie dude!

Top Bottom