• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Family Fun Arcade "Tour de la Smash" (SoCal) SSMB Results - 2/10/08

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
The first Super Smash Bros. Melee tourney at FFA!

2v2 Teams:(15 Teams)

1st: SweetiePie (Falco/Peach)
2nd: Badboy (Samus/Sheik)
3rd: Radtastic (Marth/Jiggypuff)
4th: Simi (Peach/Samus)
5th: 626 (Fox/Samus)
5th: Shinigami (Fox/Marth)
7th: XOXO (Sheik/Dr. Mario)
7th: Mason & Nasri (Marth/Y.Link)

Singles: (34 Players)

1st: Romeo (Marth)
2nd: Tofu (Falco)
3rd: Rob (Marth, Fox)
4th: Kevin W.(Samus)
5th: Hadoken117(Falco) [Forfeit]
5th: Specter
7th: Dan C
7th: Syaoran
9th: Mudkipz
9th: Cake
9th: Brandon [Forfeit]
9th: Nasri

Next tournament in two weeks! Announcement coming soon!

RobGreco

Smash Rookie
Tom, or anyone that attended this event, do you know the name of the players on the top three teams? The Falco, Jigglypuff, and Marth in particular?

Also, what was up with having the tournament same day as devastation? Most the top ssbm players were in AZ.

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
Falco was aka Hadouken117, I forget the Jiggly and Marth but someone else prolly knows.

As for Devastation, it slipped our mind when we rescheduled the tourney. Still, 34 people coming out of nowhere for a random Smash tourney was pretty nice. I'm kind of scared to see what a real one would be like given enough advance notice for posting.

RobGreco

Smash Rookie
Guess I didn't catch this one. I stop by family fun arcade pretty often.
You missed the scrubfest.
Hugo, you've met me before. Played in a house tournament like, 3 or 4 years ago. Anyways, if you remember Tim, I am gonna try and get him to start coming to these tournaments with me. Hopefully we'll see you around.

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
Speaking with Ken, it looks like the Brawl tourney scene will take several months to come up with solid rulesets. So in the meantime, we'll be holding Melee tournaments for some time.

Right now we're working on setting up a system where we can instantly convert an arcade cabinet to console tourney play.

Herolink

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I'm the Marth that placed in the top 3 teams, I go by HeroLink (or just Hero), and the JiglyPuff was My buddy Vega. Hugo knows me (if he can remember) from really wanting to get into the community way back when (2005-06) and attending a small tourney I had in Santa Clarita (the one in the park). This was my first tournament in a very long time, easily over a year and was extremely rusty in almost everything I did (not that I was very good to begin with). Its been a while but nice to be back in the community, I think Ken will remember me (He was really really helpful when I wanted to get into the community) and so will his brother Mike (though he isn't to fond of me because of a conflict between him and an old friend of mine).

Jaxx

Smash Cadet
lol bad arly, we had all the really really good players at devistation. I ran that tourney.

Top Bottom