• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAP: North AL - July 24-25 - Results & Shoutouts

j00t

Smash Champion
Doubles:

1: Lovin' Touchin' Sheikin' (Wobbles + DoH) ($174.00)
2: The Boys are Back in Town (Fullmetal + Soft) ($87.00)
3: Full Course Meal (Iori + Chad) ($29.00)
4: Sex in the City HD Remix (Nite + SmashterLink)
5: moogle + coach
5: Team Mukttub (mukttub spelt backwards is buttkum) (j00t + Palmer)
7: Osvaldo Hans MD (Ambix + CO)
7: Ghaza Strippers (BunBun + Winnar)
9: Confused Expression (SleepyK + DashDanceDan)
9: Powerline & the Perfect Cast (ihavespaceballs + lemons)
9: Our Anus Is Bleeding... yea (vts + arby)
9: Dumptruck (Cheap Peach + Kosine)
13: Thesaurus Rage (mslano + saintrage)
13: Everybody Dance (yoshiman + Cyner)
13: Level 9 Gannon (Rob + John)

Singles:

1: Wobbles (ICs) ($366.00)
2: Chad (Fox/Pikachu) ($183.00)
3: WT Snacks (Iori)(Kirby/Ganon/Sheik) ($61.00)
4: Nite (Falco)
5: Fullmetal (Marth)
5: DoH (Peach)
7: Soft (Jigglypuff)
7: moogle (Sheik)
9: Cheap Peach
9: SleepyK
9: Ambix
9: mslano
13: vts
13: IHSB
13: satan (BunBun)
13: SmashterLink
17: IH
17: saintrage
17: Will_
17: CO
17: Palmer
17: j00t
17: Winnar
17: arby

Thank you everyone for coming out! I had a great time running this thing, although I got sick on Sunday and did terribly in the tournament. :(

Vts

Smash Champion
JWT2k6 said:
9: Our Anus Is Bleeding... yea (vts + arby)

1: Wobbles- IC
2: Chad- Fox/pikachu
3: WT Snacks (Iori)- kirby/ganon/peach/marth
4: Nite-fox/falco
5: Fullmetal-marth
5: DoH-peach
7: Soft-jiggly
7: moogle-sheik
9: Cheap Peach- guess
9: SleepyK- falco
9: Ambix-peach
9: mslano - Ganon
13: vts- ice climbers
13: IHSB- manbearpig
13: satan- sheik/kirby
13: SmashterLink- link/falco
17: IH- link
17: saintrage- ???
17: Will_- no show
17: CO- mario
17: Palmer- ????
17: j00t- falcon/g&w
17: Winnar-martha
17: arby- falcon/fox/marth
its my anus is bleeding now our anus ><

fun tournament wish i did better GD i suck o well

Ambix

Smash Ace
People need to upload the ungodly ammount of footage they captured.

I'm sad I lost to moogle....it was close as shit. Third round, last stock, high percentage.

From the other thread:

I also didn't beat soft.

He SD'd multiple times in the tournament match. If he was playing on top of his game he probably would have won. We did friendlies later and he won about 65-75% of them. I really don't want to sound like a condescending **** but I felt really bad about that one.

DJ Rome said:
Who's Ambix?
A scrubby peach from memphis.

Shoutouts:

Wobbles: I wish I had gotten to play more matches with you. I desperately need IC practice.

fullmetal: Can I bribe you with weed to leave green greens and jungle japes unbanned at tipped off? :D

Arby: Your fox is only going to keep getting better.

DoH: Next time I see you I'm going to get you to record silly phrases for my phone ringtone, when I get a phone. Your peach lockdown makes me jealous.

Joot: We need to hang out at tipped off. being a TO cuts in to your super happy fun time too much.

Chad: You've made me want to pick fox back up after 4 years of being a fat white peach main. Hopefully we can play more again so I can curb my "OH ****" tendancies.

Sleepy: Fuck you for not lazer camping me in friendlies. Dick. You're going to lazer camp me at tipped off and there won't be any bitching.

VTS: Beef potato wheelman.

Moogle: Nothing even needs to be said. It was ballin' seeing you again.

If I forgot your name just scream obscenities at me and i'll fix my post.

See you **** at TO.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Great tournament, Joot. Especially that amazingly serious crew battle at the end.

Nite

Smash Champion
Thanks for hosting, Joot and Chad. Fun tournament. Will come to the next one for sure.

Shoutouts later.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Awesome tournament Joot. I had a great time and got to play some people I havent played before. Great place for a tournament as well. I look forward to the next one. Time for a few shoutouts:

Fellow Run7 mates (CO and Nite): Always good going to tournaments and hangin with you guys. It's always a good time.

Ambix: Great to have you along with us this time. It was fun man.

Joot: Again, great tournament. We didnt get to play any but maybe at TO6. I will be at the next FAP!!!

All the other Memphis guys: Always good to see you guys somewhere other than Memphis. HAHA See all you guys at Powerplay.

Soft and Fullmetal: I didnt get to play either of you guys in friendlies, but the teams matches were fun. I hope to play you guys in some singles friendlies at tipped off.

Everyone else I might have talked to or played: Always good to play new people. GGs to everyone.

See everyone at Tipped Off 6.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I didn't expect to meet so many great people at FAP. Thank you all for coming and for being awesome. Duchock, John, IHSB, BunBun, SleepyK, Cyner, Iori, IH and the Georgia kids, Winnar, DoH, and plenty of other folks I can only recall by face (you know who you are!). I look forward to seeing the videos.

I took some photos during Doubles, so I'll have those up shortly.

Iori vs Shin-Iori: Tickle Fight: The Movie: Based on a True Story

Winnar

Smash Lord
Shoutouts time :O

Wobbles - Good stuff dude :D You were so fun to play. Even though I totally got four stocked on my own counterpick, I had a total friggin blast. So beast! Hopefully I'll see you around sometime before FAP2 so you can teach me how to be super good at melee and stuff :D

Chad - As always, it was great to see you. I don't think we got to play outside of doubes, next time for sure

Iori - lol kirby, you gotta keep teaching me melee so I can be beast

Nite - Your falco is too slick to watch, I'm always rooting for you no matter who you play lol Maybe one day we'll get to play some matches and you can teach me how to get that swag on

Fullmetal - :D Thanks again for teaching me some marth stuff. I enjoyed all of our matches a lot, especially the ones where you dominated me. I feel like I learned a lot!

DoH - P much all around amazing person/peach imo. Didn't get to play you but I enjoyed seeing your matches :D

Moogle - :D Play more sheik, I actually like watching you play her. Always good to see you ofc, I might look into coming up sometime soon to huntsville for smash, dibs on the most comfortable spot whenever I do :D

Cheap - Daaaaaaang, you totally exposed me. I don't remember you being this good at melee, but I'm totally impressed. Next time you have to teach me. I would have asked you to teach me junk at FAP but lol I didn't even realize how much better you were than me until we played our pools matches. Good stuff! :D

Sleepyk!! - :D :D :D thanks for comin babe yoari taop terir at dthe bjs ands "educational" vidseos imos 2 pro so gudddddddddddd thx n junkedybunk

Ambix - Yeah we didn't get to play, but it was nice to see you around :D Good stuff on your placing (you know, despite this being the first official tournament you've been to in so long...pretty good showing imo!)

Mslano - Really fun matches :D Next time we should get some marth friendlies and you can teach me stuff about marth and ganon and junk :D

vts - yeah whatever

lol jk, really great seeing you again, lots of fun to chill with even though we didn't get to play :D

IHSB - Always a pleasure, I'll be taking you up on that offer to stay on your couch as often as I can :D

Bunbun - We are so raaaaaaaape :D winnar + bun^2 = BFFs

SmashterLink - p awesome name imo, I had a lot of fun in our pools match. Glad you could make it out :D

Will_ - :D Glad to see you again. Sorry we didn't get to play, but glad you could make it out!

Paul_ - Nice to meet you :D I enjoyed our matches, I hope you can make it to more tournaments with Will. I bet you'll get super good super fast :D

Cyner - Cyner! :D For some reason I didn't think you were going to be able to make it to FAP. I'm really glad I was wrong, that was a nice surprise :D Your link is actually pretty legit. I think once you get the hang of melee some more you'll get a lot better really quickly.

Yoshi - Sorry you felt so down, I thought your fox was pretty good. I can normally SDI out of uairs but I think I only counted 3 successes on my part. Just keep at it and try not to let it get to you so much, I'm sure you're improving more than you realize

Palmer - Lol, beat you but you still tied with me. Good stuff :D I enjoyed our matches, hope to see you around sometime

j00t - I know you were really nervous about how the tournament was going, but I thought everything went really smoothly. The venue was awesome and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I'm glad we could get some friendlies so you could remind me how much better your falcon is than mine :D So fun to watch, even more fun to play

Rob - Thanks for everything, man! The venue was really sweet, and you're a pretty cool dude. Definitely really fun to hang out with :D

Duchock - Good to see you again :D Next time we definitely need to hang out more

All in all, really really fun tournament :D I feel like I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who came and tried to help me out with advice and stuff! I'm looking forward to FAP2, j00t!

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
To everyone I played: good games
ihsb: if only we had thought of brinstar earlier :(
j00t: thanks for hosting this. it was my first tournament and it left me wanting moar :O
rob/BunBun/Ih - easily the most intellectual conversation i've ever heard in an ihop
DoH: our dittos were rly fun. you're so clutch
Wobbles: I didn't introduce myself to you, but good job winning and whatnot :)
Cyner - i had a lot of fun playing your link/samus.
Chad: we didn't get to play :(
Ambix: it was nice meeting you and playing dittos
Iori: you're too good. peach dittos were fun :D

Btw, I'm Logan/lemons.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Shout outs:

Brandon: you are so good in friendlies! Step it up in tourney lol. I hope you enjoyed my powershields kekeke

Jack: lol hawt yuri lawlzy action. Always a blast to friendly with you

j00t: thanks for hosting and throwing extra money to the pot. And thanks for your dollar!!

Ambix: gotta speed up, lol. Don't camp so much, it'll only handicap you in the long run

Chad: use a real character!! Or play me on fd lololol. Thank you for the housing!

Moogle: mmmm Sheik. Are you sure you're not related to scav? Thanks for housing too! Did I leave a pair of jeans there?

Coach: lol green greens. Good stuff in teams, thanks for the warmups.

Cheap: peach dittos! I always need them for a good warmup. Stop playing Daisy lololol

mslano: ganon hits hard :(

lemon: keep it up! I hadn't heard of you but was pleasantly surprised

fullmetal: peach bomber lol! Fun friendlies, hopefully we can play more at to.... I'll probably have another present for you lol

s0ft: heyyyy. You got really tall lol. Fun matches. Thanks for going back to fd!!!

Sleepyk: yay for friendlies, boo for recording fail. Did any singles pools get recorded?

Bunbun: get ***** in smash and words with friends. Lololol

Vts: thanks for the driving. And housing. And sarcastic cheering

all the people in my pool: <3

Robbles: way for us to lose our first match and then not lose a single game in teams! Good **** in singles, let's win apex!

DoH: n00b

Iori: tip yo waitress

To anyone who took me to FD: <3

Oh, and

j00t

Smash Champion
j00t: thanks for hosting and throwing extra money to the pot. And thanks for your dollar

I literally gave you that dollar. I was up 3 stocks on FD and then you were like "oh right I can chaingrab." I'm never CPing FD against a peach again. :(

BunBun

Smash Master
400 to 376.

400 to ****ing 376.

We were within 3 points 2 turns before the end.

And I had J Q I I for the last like 4 turns and couldn't do **** with them lol.

Lame.

j00t

Smash Champion
400 to 376.

400 to ****ing 376.

We were within 3 points 2 turns before the end.

And I had J Q I I for the last like 4 turns and couldn't do **** with them lol.

Lame.
If only you were as good as Andy at WWF.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I have two complaints about the tournament, that otherwise went pretty smoothly (besides the trickery! lol)

a) I think there should have been a concerted effort to separate the 1st and 2nd seeds from each pools to diversify the matches; I know I played Chad like 2nd round and Wobbles played fullmetal - fullmetals loss resulted in Georgia taking out their own car, if he had been placed differently things would have worked out better for them. It sucks that I didn't have the opportunity to lose to Nite or someone else besides someone I had already played the night before

b) I know we are in the South, but it is extremely offensive for every other word out of smasher's mouths to be 'gay' '***' or 'homo.' While Fox running away and platform camping is not fun to play against and boring to watch (CHAD lololol), it has nothing to do with sexuality, and when you use the term gay when you mean something is negative it codifies the idea that being gay itself is bad or wrong. Language is a powerful thing and to hear an immutable characteristic about yourself being used as a derogatory slur on a constant basis is really disheartening. I really had blocked it out mentally until Ambix caught himself at this tournament and I was reminded that people need to be reminded to think before they speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVicCD8FmMs

Also I rocked the **** out of this tiara all the way home

j00t

Smash Champion
I have two complaints about the tournament, that otherwise went pretty smoothly (besides the trickery! lol)

a) I think there should have been a concerted effort to separate the 1st and 2nd seeds from each pools to diversify the matches; I know I played Chad like 2nd round and Wobbles played fullmetal - fullmetals loss resulted in Georgia taking out their own car, if he had been placed differently things would have worked out better for them. It sucks that I didn't have the opportunity to lose to Nite or someone else besides someone I had already played the night before

b) I know we are in the South, but it is extremely offensive for every other word out of smasher's mouths to be 'gay' '***' or 'homo.' While Fox running away and platform camping is not fun to play against and boring to watch (CHAD lololol), it has nothing to do with sexuality, and when you use the term gay when you mean something is negative it codifies the idea that being gay itself is bad or wrong. Language is a powerful thing and to hear an immutable characteristic about yourself being used as a derogatory slur on a constant basis is really disheartening. I really had blocked it out mentally until Ambix caught himself at this tournament and I was reminded that people need to be reminded to think before they speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVicCD8FmMs

Also I rocked the **** out of this tiara all the way home

Thanks for the advice DoH. It could be said that we focused more on fixing the bracket based on location than we did based on the pools. It's really hard to do both when the only regions represented were Memphis, Huntsville, and Georgia. And of course there were you guys and also Mississippi (but there were only 2 from each region, maybe 3 from Mississippi, so it wasn't hard to fix the location problem for you guys :p).

As for part b... yeah, we're probably too vulgar for our own good. I can't speak for everyone else, but I'll try to watch what I say from now on. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and I apologize if I offended you in any way.

I'll probably do shoutouts at the end of the week... I have a lot of homework to catch up on.

BunBun

Smash Master
I think Fox is gay.

He has no interest in Krystal, and seems to glance at Falco a little too much.

But in seriousness, sorry. I'm sure I dropped that a few times.

Ambix

Smash Ace
DoH said:

Yeah I really wanted to kick myself after that one.

Normally I enjoy the faux racism and whatnot with smashers.....it's sort of like gallows humor. By taking something that's unpleasent and poking fun at it you make it less unpleasent and you can share a giggle with friends at the same time.

But the way I used the word *** was completely inappropriate.

I'm also pretty sure I never explicitly apologized, for which i'm sorry.

Nite

Smash Champion
I definitely agree. I'll admit to saying "gay" when someone shines me at 0%. It's a bad habit, but people were just out of hand at this tournament. I was actually thinking about this during the tourney. I find the word "f[color=f1f1f1f1]a[/color]ggot" to be incredibly offensive. I was in awe seeing how immature people really are at tournaments. Not like it's okay to say anyway, but some people are right next to D'oH saying some really offensive things. Whether they mean it to be offensive or not, it's not okay. It is the same thing as racism. You wouldn't go throwing around racial slurs in public would you? I was upset and I'm not even gay. I feel like some of the smash community has a lot of growing up to do.

Landon- Thanks! Those were some extremely fun friendlies. Good to see you again and I'll see you at TO if you decide to go.

Winnar- Haha, thanks a lot man. If you wanna really get your swag on, I've got the secret... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXqwq6YQAks

More shoutouts later! Fun tournament. Thanks again for hosting, Joot.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yeah... I love hearing that word thrown around repeatedly. "Sorry I had to play so gay." "You play a gay character." "Playing gay is how you win." It's not what the word means goddammit, and it's really disrespectful.

coach

Smash Apprentice
This was a really chill tournament and even though it didn't have to be two days I'm kinda glad it was. Lots of friendlies for everybody which is what these non-huge tournaments is all about. I really regret not entering singles.

joot- thanks for doing it

rob - thanks for hosting it and being a cool dude

moogle - i have no idea where those screens are

jack - as always was a pleasure

cheap - im sorry we didnt play more and i ducked out on you

duchock - thanks for the advil and the camaraderie

sleepyk - i always enjoy playing friendlies with you, it had been a while

dashdancedan - fun friendlies, you're like the most patient player ever in teams

mslano - i dont think we played but that's cool

wobbles&doh - i think i played 8-9 hours of teams with you guys in under 24 hours, so much fun

wobbles - **** the haters, good luck at apex and it was nice to meet you

doh - im gonna try to emulate some of your survival techniques in teams and I hope I helped you warm up. I also apologize for dropping the g-bomb probably all too often, language and its social adaptations in gaming is something I struggle with. if that makes any sense, i mean it in all sincerity. I hope you don't hold it against me and it was really a pleasure to meet you.

vts - coolbro good to see you

mslano

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was pretty great. I liked having it over two days so we could have a very relaxed vibe.

Shoutouts:

JWT: I'd say this was a fine first tournament hosting experience. I can see this tournament series being very successful in the future, despite the ridiculous name.

Rob: Nice venue finding skills. Air conditioning and below groundness were huge plusses.

Chad: Good job making sure the tournament ran smoothly. We had plenty of time after the tournament for friendlies and stuff largely because you forced people to play matches without delay. Nobody likes being told to hurry up and play, but it works out for everyone when they are told.

SleepyK: Thank you for providing recording equipment and making sure people will be able to hear my commentary. I look forward to the massive collection of videos from singles. Good games in pools as well.

Iori: You were definitely bringing the entertainment in all of your matches. I liked that you just couldn't stand to play one character in two consecutive games for most of the tournament. Keep working on that Kirby - I'd love for Kirby to become a legitimate counter to Ice Climbers. That notion just tickles me.

Wobbles: I didn't get to play against you, but watching you was very impressive. You play a very different Ice Climbers than I've seen from others - less wacky tricks, more lethal tricks - but I still watched your matches with great interest. I hope that players as a whole come to recognize Ice Climbers as an actual character rather than dismissing it as a gimmick and belittling those who use them. Congrats on winning the tournament, you definitely earned it.

DoH: Your Peach is super tricky and I really enjoyed playing against it (and not just because of the simultaneous commentary). I was bummed at the way you lost to Iori as you guys were really even and the third game was looking to be exciting, but SDs happen.

As for your reminder not to use the word "gay" as an insult, I agree completely and I wish that I had admonished people whenever I heard them speak that way in the past. I never had the courage to really speak my mind on the issue because I'm not gay and I found it harder to champion people other than myself who are being diminished through people's use of words. Still, that's no excuse for letting offensive language go by without trying to stop it. I will try be more vigilant about stopping people around here from using words like "gay" and "******" as insults.

Duchock: It was great to see you again. You are always fun to hang out with. Sorry if I crossed the line with that hug. I don't want people to get the wrong idea about you.

Parker: Also good to see you again. Thanks for joining me on the scenic route up the street to Panera.

Jack: We didn't play at all this tournament. That's mainly my fault as I didn't seek out many friendlies, but we should definitely play more next tournament to make up the difference.

Bunbun: Props to winning our match. Sucks that it ended up leading you into a worse bracket. Maybe that's just cosmic justice for me putting on your shoes for nothing.

Winnar: Good games in friendlies and tournament. The tournament match we had was closer than I thought it would be since you did a good job avoiding my edge guards. If you make it over to Hunstville sometime, I will teach you about Marth and Ganon and junk.

SmashterLink: I really enjoyed playing against your Link. It was very different than Chad's, so there were lots of surprising moments in that game. Good times.

VTS: Maybe next time we'll have a good match where we both do things we want to do.

Thief: Really good seeing you again. Waffle House adventures were amazing.

Everyone else: I was glad to see everybody at the tournament. I'm sorry for not playing a lot of friendlies and sorry for not saying goodbye to those who left while I was out on Sunday. It was a lot of fun hanging out at the tournament and back at the apartment, so I look forward to FAP 2.

j00t

Smash Champion
That sucks man, I've been having ear infections constantly for the past month. Thank god I was fully recovered in time for the tournament :p

Vts

Smash Champion
the term i use is "ghey" not gay, it started to stick on me from playing halo and traveling for tournaments for that game.

most people think its just another way of spelling gay but its commonly used when a person is playing to win and using tactics that make the matches either not fun for 1 person or not fun for both players but winning is the other thing that matters at that point.

really if someone asked me to stop saying it i would and just replace it with dumb or soemthing else since i can adapt to people pretty fast so i'm not this ******* of a person.

but if i hurt anyone feelings or pissed off anyone since i play a character that no one enjoys fighting sorry my bad.

also DoH you left your star rod in my car lol

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
the term i use is "ghey" not gay, it started to stick on me from playing halo and traveling for tournaments for that game.

most people think its just another way of spelling gay but its commonly used when a person is playing to win and using tactics that make the matches either not fun for 1 person or not fun for both players but winning is the other thing that matters at that point.

really if someone asked me to stop saying it i would and just replace it with dumb or soemthing else since i can adapt to people pretty fast so i'm not this ******* of a person.

but if i hurt anyone feelings or pissed off anyone since i play a character that no one enjoys fighting sorry my bad.

also DoH you left your star rod in my car lol
lol, what a cop out.

Real talk though, I think Halo 2 got me started using "gay" that way. I'ma try to phase it out of my vocabulary though

Vts

Smash Champion
lol, what a cop out.

Real talk though, I think Halo 2 got me started using "gay" that way. I'ma try to phase it out of my vocabulary though
i played fps before fighters i quit halo due to the bad community and joined smash after an mlg event seeing it how much nicer the people were.

so i tried the game enjoyed it and started playing late 07 when mlg dropped it so i dropped halo to stick with the better community.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If gay=playing to win, I don't see it as a demeaning phrase. As VTS suggested, the term was never meant to be applied to homosexuals. I actually do alot of campaigning for gay rights, but I don't see a real complaint about the use of the word "gay" when referring to a playstyle that has nothing to do with homosexuality.

It's like someone is watching a match and says "Oh man, he is just going for gimps at this point, what a lame way to play!" and then the guy with the "gimp leg" on crutches in the corner gets mad for the same reason.

However, I'm not gay so I lack the subjective experience of having my lifestyle attacked, and that could limit my understanding.

Top Bottom