• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farewell my friends.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
To whome it may concern, I am switching my main from Ganondorf to Lucario. The reason why is specifically my own, and nobody should follow.

I have been playing Ganondorf for a long time now, and I've found out something. I've played slow powerful characters for a long time, I know how to make them fast, and make them good, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind I can take Ganondorf to the top where he deserves to be. But playing a slow powerful character is not appealing to me anymore.

I remember in Capcom vs Marvel for the PS 1 my favorite character was Wolverene. I loved that character because in the animated series he was always fighting against huge odds; running in with insain animalistic roars, the scrappy small fighter that could take down the much bigger stronger fighter. I love those underdogs, and I love the fighting spirit that he had. When I played him in that game, he played just like a dream. Fast and powerful, full of spirit.

I want to play a fast character again. Instead of winning with two or three hits, I want to barage somebody with 20-30 in a series of 5 hit strings. I find, personally, I have more fun playing a character like that, and that is why I am going to Lucario. The funny thing is, when I started playing Lucario, I switched from 2-hander to duel wielding on my wow character,and I had more fun that way too. wierd feeling. I've been doing the slow-boat thing too long, I need a break.

Really this message is to let you all know, I wont be working on the guide anymore, and I probably wont be visiting the community much. You have all been wonderful helping me make our guide good. I credit my knowledge to the fact that we are a wonderful community who keeps making each other stronger, together you will all become great - I however am moving onto something that makes me happier, those around me say I deserve it. I'd rather enjoy playing the game as a different character than play WoW full time anyway. Although my Dwarf Warrior does kick *** /flex! rawr! /nom!

My new sig roxxorz.
Take it easy G-dorfz

~Shin_Ganondorf~

EvilGenki

Smash Rookie
Awwww this is bad news. Sad to see you go Shin, I've found a lot of your information very helpful and I'll miss having your insight when I'm trying to improve.

Y'know it's kind of funny that when I first saw Lucario, I made a comment to a friend that he was kind of what I was hoping new Ganondorf should have been; He has a fireball a counter and all kinds of fun stuff that I wished they had given to Ganondorf, he even has the purple flames on his attacks! Well good luck with Lucario and I hope you'll keep Ganon as a secondary and help us learn.

Blackadder

Smash Master
*flutters away tears in eyes*

*sniffs*
We'll miss ya Shin... your Ganonbaby guide was damm good.
Ah well.

Good luck with Lucario!

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Farewell, comrade. Your legend will live on through the hearts of aspiring Ganondorf masters!

/epic

(Good luck. Lucario is a good choice)

El Drago

Smash Cadet
i feel ya cause im the opposite, im bored with fast characters, used to main with falcon in melee, im totally digging the whole 3-shotting ppl now.

Best of luck to ya shin! Thnx for the guide.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Haha! I don't blame you dude...just look at my two mains ganon, and mk two completely different playing styles. lol.
But ya best of luck with Lucario, oh and we know you'll come back to Ganon someday...they all do! :chuckle:

T0MMY

Smash Master
As much as I'll miss Dorficides and crazy volcano kicks, I'm looking forward to playing your Lucario. As long as you're playing with us I'll be happy, and you being happier means you'll be playing with us more ^_^

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
So, I guess a new guide is in order, huh?
lol, good-luck.
But no, seriously, if you really want to make a guide bro, go ahead. I think you could do a great job if you give it some time. Chances are, if you stick with Ganondorf and keep learning, you'll be the one to bring the latest updates and throw them in.

Course, I duno what else there is about Ganondorf that can be explored...
I just tried B-sticking stuff with him, and wow, that didn't work at all of course.

Btw, B-sticking with Lucario, its going to catch on (Aurasphere B-sticking is F'ing hard btw)

Zarez

Smash Cadet
I mostly used Ganondorf and Sheik in Melee (followed by Marth and Luigi). I don't completely stick with one character, or one type of character, so I don't have to worry about getting tired of any characters (unless I play as a character I already don't like using).

Before I decided on my top 2 in Melee, there were times when I did mainly use a single character. I think Mewtwo was my first main, then I started to switch to others (Link, Pikachu, and Samus). Ganondorf and Sheik were probably among the last I tried.

In Brawl, I have Ganondorf, Luigi, and Wolf, then others that I use occasionally. I still need to play a bit more as Sheik, Samus, and Marth, and try Olimar and a few others. I don't care for Ike, Pit, Lucario, and Falco, since my brother uses them most of the time, and they can be really frustrating if I'm not playing at my best (he used Falco in Melee, too). I'm fine when using Luigi or Wolf, but I need to practice a bit more with Ganondorf.

:034:

Smash Hero
lol, good-luck.
But no, seriously, if you really want to make a guide bro, go ahead. I think you could do a great job if you give it some time. Chances are, if you stick with Ganondorf and keep learning, you'll be the one to bring the latest updates and throw them in.
Yeah, I'll think I'll do just that.

Hey, it is pretty sad to see you go though. Especially to see you go to Lucario of all characters.. I mean, you inspired me to stick with Ganon, and I've always despised Lucario and suddenly it turns like this! Holy plottwist, batman!

But yeah, I'll do the guide. I guess you're leaving the Ganon community in good hands. </ego>

Sliq

Smash Master
Don't worry, I'll write a better guide in your wake.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
sliq ive also been fine tuning my ganon. what an awesome character, spikes all day. we should discuss how everyone thinks he is bottom tier even though he is blatently middle tier. like honestly, how can the strongest character in the game be bottom tier? doesnt make sense.

Sliq

Smash Master
sliq ive also been fine tuning my ganon. what an awesome character, spikes all day. we should discuss how everyone thinks he is bottom tier even though he is blatently middle tier. like honestly, how can the strongest character in the game be bottom tier? doesnt make sense.
G-Reg, I'm making a thread in the Ganon forums. Once it gets up and running you should check out all of the **** I've found. I don't plan on being a dumb ******* and naming it after myself though. And yes, Ganon is badass.

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
Lol...funny because I've had a guide like a week into production so far :p. I wasn't sure if I was going to put it up on SWF or not seeing as how you guys already had one. FDutch, Sliq, if you wanna take a look at it I can email it or something. A large chunk of it is going to be The Ganon Mix-Up (not just out of Gerudo, but approach, OoS and such.)

:034:

Smash Hero
^ Can't we just ALL post our guides? I mean, everybody has different info, a different writing style... We can just post all of them, pick the fanciest one then add all the info off all the guide's in it, and ask everybody to keep contributing.

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
Yea, but the problem is that it will get pretty messy with multiple people creating multiple guides. There's constant conflicting views (there's always conflicting views I know, but still.) I dunno it just seems like it'll turn into a giant cluster****.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
He's better than Captain Falcon, but that's all really. He's much too punishable to be better than anyone else.

Think about how G&W was back in Melee. AMAZING offense. Bottom tier. How? It's because his defense was crap beyond speaking. Similar case here. Ganon has bad defense and recovery.

At least Ganon has a chance of getting grabs and kills...unlike Falcon.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Yea, but the problem is that it will get pretty messy with multiple people creating multiple guides. There's constant conflicting views (there's always conflicting views I know, but still.) I dunno it just seems like it'll turn into a giant cluster****.
Well, it could, depending on the writing format. But look at the melee boards, several characters had multiple guides, each with a different viewpoint. The varied viewpoints provide a broader sense of metagame for the character, such as differing strategies, and more options to develop your own gameplay. A bonus on writing a guide yourself is that you gain a deeper insight into that character. It shouldn't end up that no one seems to want to write a guide on the sole reason that they are apprehensive of having too many guides, because if no one creates an updated one, who will? I say go for it if you have the urge, nothing much to lose.

But meh, who am I to say anything, I'm just generalizing and don't really have much Ganon game besides tech chase flame choke :p

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
Well, it could, depending on the writing format. But look at the melee boards, several characters had multiple guides, each with a different viewpoint. The varied viewpoints provide a broader sense of metagame for the character, such as differing strategies, and more options to develop your own gameplay. A bonus on writing a guide yourself is that you gain a deeper insight into that character. It shouldn't end up that no one seems to want to write a guide on the sole reason that they are apprehensive of having too many guides, because if no one creates an updated one, who will? I say go for it if you have the urge, nothing much to lose.

But meh, who am I to say anything, I'm just generalizing and don't really have much Ganon game besides tech chase flame choke :p
All the Melee character specific boards really have one central guide for the character. Any other guides center around different aspects of the character. Take the Melee DK board. It has a general DK guide then it has a mini-throw FAQ. One central guide should always be in place first. In the future if the guide gets outdated or a certain aspect of the character's game, then it could warrant another guide.

The main difference between Melee boards and Brawl boards is...well lack of organization and influx of new members/gFAQs users. Hell mods have a tough time keeping up with so much repeat topics and crap. On this board alone there's at least going to be 5 repeats of the same tactics. Not trying to offend, just stating what I've seen. Multiple viewpoints are great, they really are, but it's mostly facts and effective methods that should be in a guide, and discussion should be afterwards or before. The discussion shouldn't be the guide.

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
Burn In Hell Traitor

edit: no...i dont mean it, good luck with this "lucario" character. whoever he may be. whoever you chose over GANON

Top Bottom