• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastest Way to 9999 Coins: GO!

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Once you get into the late stages of your collecting things on Brawl, coins suddenly take on very great importance. For those last few trophies, you're going to need tons of coins for Coin Launcher because the trophies are so rare. And you'll also need plenty of coinage to survive the challenges of Classic and All-Star modes on Intense. So this will be a kind of brainstorming thread for farming coins as quickly as possible. I found one particularly genius way, and I credit bendall01 from GameFAQs for the nifty tip:

Use Lucario in a Brawl match against three level-1 CPU players (he suggests three Zeldas). Set the damage ratio to 2.0 and everyone's stock count to 99 (also, turn items off, obviously). When the match starts, simply grab a Zelda and down-throw into the ground, which will launch her skyward, giving you a OHKO 75% of the time. At the end of the match, you will have garnered 200-250 coins in one go!

Naturally, you're going to want to do this on a basic stage like Final Destination, but I went ahead and created a custom stage just for this endeavor, which is a very simple one: Choose the largest stage layout and simply lay blocks *all* the way across the screen horizontally, about 3-4 spaces down from the stage's "ceiling." The higher you are, the more likely you'll be to score OHKO's using Lucario's down-throw. Also, I like having a long, spread out floor, so I can go to one side and wait for the respawned opponents to waste their invincibility frames getting off the respawn platform and coming toward me--just so I can grab and KO them all over again when they reach me. Since I use the GCN controller, I also switched the throw button from Z to B, since using the Z button so much made my wrist sore. Also, for more efficient results, put it on Special Brawl and set the speed to fast!

I'm currently experimenting with opponents. The three Zeldas work out well, but I tend to put in the three biggun's instead now: DK, Bowser, and Ganondorf, since they're bigger and thus slower and easier to grab.

Also, other popular (if less effective ;)) strategies:
- Clear Classic and All-Star over and over (making sure to shoot up the pics on the credit roll afterward too). The higher the difficulty level, the higher the coin reward--yet also the higher the coin cost in the event of a KO, so choose wisely!
- Play SSE stages--again, the higher the difficulty level, the higher the coin reward. This time, there is no (coin-related) penalty for having to use a continue. The longer the stage, the more the coins too. But still, most find it easier to gain a quick 50 or 100 coins by beating Galleom or Tabuu (respectively) on Intense.
- Bet on Spectator matches--not recommended since it relies sheerly on luck, but go for it if you like gambling your hard-earned coins away.
- Play Brawls over and over. Incidentally, there does seem to be a correlation to the number of smash attacks you do in Brawls and the number of coins you win afterward, but it's fairly meager (1 coin per 10 smashes?). Apparently throwing KOs are worth more. :chuckle:

So, what are some of the strategies that other people around here use?

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't getting coins in a coin match work, too?

Seriously, just get 4 ICs in a custom stage. The stage is like a box, so nobody can die. Then you just pound on each other for 5 minutes, and you get 9999 coins. So much more efficient.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Nope, Smash Coins from a coin match do *not* count toward Coin Launcher coins. They're two totally different types of currency.

Red Hawk One

Smash Apprentice
We are currently not at liberty to divulge that in
I use the classic method mainly. It seems to me that the coin award increases with completion time as well, so doing classic on Hard would probably be a good balance of "difficulty bonus" and "speed bonus". Plus, the continue penalty (which you should never see in Hard) isn't that bad.

Also, hear's the LEAST effective way to get coins:
1.Go into the coin launcher
2. shoot the "bonus" disk things.
3. continue until you get a coin bonus.
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!! *if you're lucky*

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Honestly? Classic mode racks them up really quickly. Whenever I need a refill I just play a round of classic, or do some sparring with computers (the coins from that are generally just added bonuses)

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
I always have 9999 and I don't even try, no challenge in that. :(

Just play in classic mode I guess.

avm_nl

Smash Rookie
i finished SSE on normal and i got 7000 coins... thats pretty much for about 13 hours of work imo

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
i have coins coming out of my ears in brawl

if i made brawl, id make it so you can exchange 9999 coins for an extra second in a master peice game (permanently, of course)

Puffs

Smash Ace
I've never once had 9999 (I guess I play Coin Launcher too much). So what I don't get is how others like you get the max amount so effortlessly?
I spend more time in SSE and VS Matches than I do Coin Launcher.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
9999 Coins is no great accomplishment in my opinion. Too easy to obtain. Simply playing the game normally gets you 9999 coins easily. I'm not sure, but I think Wi-Fi matches gets you a few coins (NOT SPETATOR). And that's a big plus.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
I fight the galleam guy on SSE alot of times, or spectator mode. When I'm not trying I just do endless amounts of matches. I wish they had the lottery in the game too. Coin launcher uses focus to do.

MidnightBliss

Smash Rookie
It's easier for me to get coins when I'm actually not trying to get them.
If that makes any sense...
I just play, and I'm always at 9999 coins before I know it even after an hour on coin launcher, or betting on matches.
:]

XHMI

Smash Rookie
just play the game.

try going for classic with all characters, or try beating All-Star on Intense, or try The Great Maze on intense

It dosn't take long

Johnyboy

Smash Rookie
I never payed attention to my amount of coins, now i have too much coins lolz! I realy have to lose some, so i bet on spectator matches :D I think i earned my coins the fastest in SSE

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I got 10k coins just by playing through the entire SSE on Intense... It takes awhile, but it's worth it. Also when you're trying to finish those 'Clear Classic/All-Star with all characters' challenges, you'll probably get around 1000 to 2000 coins if you shoot those pics. In the 'Collect all stickers challenge,' if you constantly fight Galleom, you'll get 10k coins quite often.

Top Bottom