• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastfall Nair Combos/Kill Setups

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Disclaimer: Not sure if thia has been discussed, but I have a friend who is a Game&Watch and he didn't know about this so I figured I'd share it anyways

I figured this could be its own thread. If there's a thread for combos, I missed it ^^'' (since I don't come here often)

But I was practicing around a bit with Game&Watch in training mode, and I figured out his nair (first hit) is CRAZY good for combos. It has a super low trajectory.

At low-mid %s, it can really only lead to grabs, jab, etc

At mid%s, uptilt also combos.

But at high %s is where it gets juicy. You can combo into another nair, or fair/bair if you can jump right (which btw, at the ledge, ff nair to fair will kill at 127% with no rage)

or

Upair =P

ff nair to upair is a true 3-hit combo that kills Marth as low as 117% no rage. Works before that, but it doesn't kill, and works up to 180%. Any further, and first hit of upair will send them too far to be hit by the second. xD

EDIT: Update, it's not just the first hit. As long as you ff before the last hit, you can do these combos :)

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Update:

First hit of FF nair combos into Judgement on Fox (not sure about others) at 115+%

Not too useful, but certainly stylish.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
I did this a few times in a couple of tournaments, I never really notice the potential has.

G&W has zero problems racking up damage with his combos, what I'm more happy about with this FF setup is the fact that it can be a reliable kill option. Most of the time you need to make a good read, or a good punish to take the stock, G&W doesn't have any real guarantee kill options, like Ness' back throw, Mewtwo's upthrow, Villager's backthrow, Toon Link's Backthrow, Sheik's down throw into up air / down throw into up b, Zero Suit's down throw into up air / up air into up b

these are the kind of kill options G&W kinda needs for being extremely light, and you NEED to have that damage lead if you wanna get anywhere with G&W, coming back with a Judgement is great and it kills, but it's not always reliable.

FF nair into upair or upsmash if possible sounds really cool. I need to test this out

A

A-Tastic

HUE FALCON HUE INVASION HUE
CAPTAIN FABULOUS HUE HUE HUE

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I did this a few times in a couple of tournaments, I never really notice the potential has.

G&W has zero problems racking up damage with his combos, what I'm more happy about with this FF setup is the fact that it can be a reliable kill option. Most of the time you need to make a good read, or a good punish to take the stock, G&W doesn't have any real guarantee kill options, like Ness' back throw, Mewtwo's upthrow, Villager's backthrow, Toon Link's Backthrow, Sheik's down throw into up air / down throw into up b, Zero Suit's down throw into up air / up air into up b

these are the kind of kill options G&W kinda needs for being extremely light, and you NEED to have that damage lead if you wanna get anywhere with G&W, coming back with a Judgement is great and it kills, but it's not always reliable.

FF nair into upair or upsmash if possible sounds really cool. I need to test this out
FF nair into upair is a combo. FF nair into upsmash isnt a combo, except maybe on fastfallers, but fun fact, if you just get 2 hits, ff nair will send them, right behind you, and they can get hit by the upsmash xD

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I've been FFling nairs into things since brawl. :D

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Nothing was the same in brawl, for example his backair never could connect.

I know this because I still have a Wii and a copy of Brawl.
Lol

I do as well, but while my friend mained watch (and I should know this since I faced him a lot) I personally have hardly touched him xD like, ever

He's a funny dood tho.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Was his nair the same in Brawl? XP
I would always FF nair into utilt, or fake out FF nair into dsmash, sometimes I could even get a FF Nair into grab but mostly I would get the utilt.

His bair did hit, you just have to know when to use it and not abuse it.

I've been testing G&W out more in Smash 4 and I'm beginning to like him again just as I liked the brawl version. I have been looking for another character other than the problematic Mii Brawler that sometimes its banned and sometimes its not, so I think I might pick him up again.

FF Nair combos alot I have been able to tell from testing recently - plus maybe not true combos but you can still do the mindgame FF Nair to Dsmash/Usmash and it works just like before. :D

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I would always FF nair into utilt, or fake out FF nair into dsmash, sometimes I could even get a FF Nair into grab but mostly I would get the utilt.

His bair did hit, you just have to know when to use it and not abuse it.

I've been testing G&W out more in Smash 4 and I'm beginning to like him again just as I liked the brawl version. I have been looking for another character other than the problematic Mii Brawler that sometimes its banned and sometimes its not, so I think I might pick him up again.

FF Nair combos alot I have been able to tell from testing recently - plus maybe not true combos but you can still do the mindgame FF Nair to Dsmash/Usmash and it works just like before. :D
Yeah, with the added hitstun in this game, combos with Watch are a lot easier xD

Have you seen the bair to Judgement combos? That's always a good "El Robo" if you get a 9 XP

Top Bottom