• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Favorite anime....hmm.....Naruto for me....I'm actually wearing the headband.....Leaf symbol if you wanted to know >.>, lol

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
i got some cool kunai from otakon. and a grappling hook, but i need more upper body strength to be able to hoist myself over crap.

FraJILeSoul

Smash Apprentice
Ranma 1/2 is always amusing,espically Ryouga's sense of direction.It never fails to amazes me.You tell him to go west,he'll go northeast...lol

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Welcome to smashboards Limjoko.

Oh man, Suzuka is almost over. After Lunar's late release of 25, I'm really eager to see that last episode. Things do not look so good right now for Akitsuki...

On another note - anybody have an recommendations on good upcoming anime?

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I loved Cowboy Bebop, and similarly Samurai Champloo, although Bebop was waaaaay better IMO. Elfen Lied was great. Beck, FMA, Trigun. I'd have a **** hard time picking a favourite. Gotta go with Bebop I guess. FLCL SUCKS!

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
I watched the 8 straight hours of Naruto on New Years Eve. I finally got a chance to catch up to everything that’s been going on so far. Good sh**.

“I’ll kill you.” – Naruto.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Oh yeah! I watched that! I actually didn't start at 2:30...I had to do some work or something....

So I watched like 3 hours of it...including the new episode...

My favorite anime? hmmm...

It's a toss-up between Naruto and Inuyasha...

M.I.

Smash Cadet
yeah me too, started at 2:30 up to 6:00 then watched from 8:00 to 11:00 :) but yeah mine would prob have to be Naruto.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
I'm currently in love with Texhnolyze, Boogiepop Phantom and Paranoia Agent.

As for classics, Berserk will always be my favorite, and Fighting Spirit has a place in my heart.

I don't know if many of you share my tastes in anime but if any of you do feel free to comment on any of these series.

Obsessed_Fangirl

Smash Rookie
Mine are Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Dragonball Z, s-CRY-ed, Ghost in the Shell, Tokyo Mew Mew (its a manga, but on they have it on TV, though on there its call Mew Mew Power >.< ), and also Escaflowne.

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
hey anybody see the intro to DBZ tenkaichi? its pretty nice, in fact i wish the whole anime was redone in this type of cell shading then id watch it all over again!!!

Xx Necromancer xX

Smash Rookie
My top 5 Favorites are Samurai champloo, Rurouni kenshin, Full metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell and last but not least Knights of the Zodiac. Hey what can i say? i like violence.....

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Oh, yeah, I remember Knights of the Zodiac. I hated that anime with a passion.

Back in the day, I was hardcore all about Rurouni Kenshin, Dragonballz, and Yu-Yu-Hakusho. Yu-Yu-Hakusho was one of the best anime shows I have ever seen. (Yusuke Urimeshi is a cool name too!)

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Xx Necromancer xX said:
You must have probably watched the cartoon network version of Kights of the zodiac dude......
No. I didn’t like. I don’t have to. Just because you think it’s cool doesn’t mean everyone else will. Also, I’m sick and tired of reading people’s complaints on how American versions suck. They may not have every single element in it like the Japanese versions, but they are still well done. If you can’t appreciate American versions of anime shows like Naruto, then you aren’t that big of a fan now are you?

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
people arent 'complaining', they are giving their opinion, so if your 'sick and tired' of other people giving their opinions, maybe a public forum isnt the place for you.

Xx Necromancer xX

Smash Rookie
Sephiroth27 said:
No. I didn’t like. I don’t have to. Just because you think it’s cool doesn’t mean everyone else will. Also, I’m sick and tired of reading people’s complaints on how American versions suck. They may not have every single element in it like the Japanese versions, but they are still well done. If you can’t appreciate American versions of anime shows like Naruto, then you aren’t that big of a fan now are you?
Hey dude its a classic and who ever said anything about the american version bieng bad.
The only thing i will point out that really disappointed me about the american version was the bloody scenes were completely taken out of view and were replaced by something which i thought was absolutely ridiculous, and if you really have watched the *** version then you must truely know what i mean.
By the way i do appreciate the american versions and am also a big hardcore anime fan all the way....

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
ChumpMoney said:
people arent 'complaining', they are giving their opinion, so if your 'sick and tired' of other people giving their opinions, maybe a public forum isnt the place for you.
Um……wrong. Opinions can lead into complaining. Saying “I don’t like the American versions, they suck,” is an opinion AND a complaint. It’s MY opinion that people saying “I don’t like American versions” is annoying. I bet you never thought of it that way now did you?

Oh, and Xx Necromancer xX, I’m glad to hear that you appreciate the American versions.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
Xx Necromancer xX said:
Hey dude its a classic and who ever said anything about the american version bieng bad.
The only thing i will point out that really disappointed me about the american version was the bloody scenes were completely taken out of view and were replaced by something which i thought was absolutely ridiculous, and if you really have watched the *** version then you must truely know what i mean.
By the way i do appreciate the american versions and am also a big hardcore anime fan all the way....
well i shut down american naruto if thats what u missed. and sephiroth, u wouldn't be complaining now, would you? hmm. i officially hate this thread now because there's always problems with what people arguing over opinions. cya.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
ChumpMoney said:
well i shut down american naruto if thats what u missed. and sephiroth, u wouldn't be complaining now, would you? hmm. i officially hate this thread now because there's always problems with what people arguing over opinions. cya.
You could say that I was complaining, but you completely missed the point.

If you aren’t willing to go through some arguments, then I guess a public forum isn’t the place for you.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Lets stop flaming as some of us are not good at it, and it goes nowhere. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion about an anime so long as they do not bash Dragonball, because if you do that it makes the baby Jesus cry.

UPDATE:
Just got Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala in the mail, I'm about to pop it in the DVD player. Just thought I would say this first so as to make all of you people who watch it on network television consider suicide.

UPDATE#2:
It was awesome. I'm not giving anything away but the movie gave a happy ending for characters where you didn't think it was possible anymore.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I wouldn't really consider La Blue Girl an anime. It has very few anime qualities and a whole lot of hentai ones, and this might not be the best topic to discuss that stuff.

$sD

Smash Ace
Donkey Dong

i've seen the FMA movie

like about a month ago

it was pretty good and the ending was unexpected (just like the entire series)
i downloaded mine off the internet and it was a bootleg too(from Japan to say the least)

is the dvd out or something?

$sD

Smash Ace
koo its like we both live in druged areas your chronic smasht. and my meth county

BTW i live in Rutherford one of NC's most biggest meth counties

Top Bottom