• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Characters (Personality)

stoneswithstand

Smash Apprentice
What characters do you personally like?

I main Zelda, Diddy, and Metaknight but I love DDD, Squirtle, and Olimar
(Even though Olimar is the most annoying to fight against for Zelda, i still love his character and animations)
Also, Peaches side-b and up tilt are some of my favorite moves in the game

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
man... i have no idea how many times ive had the chance to say snake is my favorite game charcter of all time. ive been able to throw that into a surpriseing amount of threads w/out it being off topic

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I looooove Yoshi. It's a shame that I've never found him fun to play with in any Smash game.

I also really like Sonic, Zelda, Ganondorf and Falco, but I actually have a lot of fun playing as them too.

I like Lucas based on what I've seen of him so far, but I've never played his game so I don't have a very good grasp on him as a character.

There are a few other characters that I like playing with that I don't care for quite as much just as characters. Like Olimar, Diddy, the other space animals, and Pokémon Trainer.

Martham112

Smash Cadet
I favourite characters would have to be:
Olimar - I loved Pikmin and thought the idea was great. Picking plantmen and ordering them around. Priceless.
Dedede - I've newver played Kirby, but it's a penguin with a kimono thing and a huge mechanised hammer. What's not to love?
R.O.B - The best WTF character they could have thought of apart from the NES.
Pokémon Trainer - I've loved Pokémon since Yellow and think this is a great representation.

That's my favourite four. I'm surprise why so many people thought R.O.B was a bad choice. He's just so quirky.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Based on personality, Kirby is my favorite.
What's better than a cute, electrical mouse, a 7 foot tall black man with a cape, a penguin with a robe and a giant mallet, a hyper-active hedgehog, and a giant lizard-turtle fusion science experiment gone horribly wrong?
An 8-inch ball of joy that summons warpstars in a snap, copies others abilities, and inhales anything that's edible, and some that isn't : )

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ness.

If Lucas wasn't such a wimp, I'm convinced Ness could've saved the world from Subspace on his own... Forget the other 30+ characters. ;)

~Force-Palm

Smash Rookie
Watch the power of Aura​

Lucario: White Lucario IS my character. 'Nuff said.

Olimar: I think he's the ownage of the game O//o. Don't ask me why.

Bowser: He actually looks good in this game!

R.O.B.: I love choosing R.O.B. and my friend's are all "Omgwtf R.O.B.?"

PKMN Trainer: IVYSAUR <33

Mr. GAW: I had to.​

~Force-Palm

fortunArcanum

Smash Cadet
Ness.

If Lucas wasn't such a wimp, I'm convinced Ness could've saved the world from Subspace on his own... Forget the other 30+ characters. ;)
He also would've done it all with that lovable grin upon his face. After Giygas, Tabuu is nothing.

Seriously, Ness wins a personality contest hands down. Which single other character in the game is a pure hero who saves the day and manages to be happy-go-lucky all the way through? The closest we have is Kirby and he's a complete bumbler but Ness? The kid's just cool.

redzoneNRG

Smash Cadet
Ness is major awesome. Thats why I main Him. Im good with Marth and some other people, but dont play as them because I dont care for them or like them/their games.

The subspace scene where Ness arives is just epic. Blowing up the shell around porkys robot and just wipes some sweat off, while Lucas lays there timid.

I do like Samus and G and W but dont play as them though.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ness is major awesome. Thats why I main Him. Im good with Marth and some other people, but dont play as them because I dont care for them or like them/their games.

The subspace scene where Ness arives is just epic. Blowing up the shell around porkys robot and just wipes some sweat off, while Lucas lays there timid.

I do like Samus and G and W but dont play as them though.
You call Ness your main and bash on Lucas, yet it's Lucas' head I see under your post count and as your avatar.

Two-timer!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Diddy Kong - He's a a badass, and the DK series is the best ever. Plus, he's a chimp with a ****ing jetpack.

DK - See Diddy, minus the bit about the chimp and jetpack

Snake - Badass, adds humor to his games, yet still manages to look awesome doing so. Also looks badass, because he's Snake.

Olimar - Pikmin was great, and he's a spaceman who controls an army of vegetable people.... Is there anything else thats NEEDED to make him awesome? No.

Last but not least, Ganondorf - Greatest villain ever, carrying more badassery than Bowser and Ridley, and even King K. Rool combined. (even though I love all 3 of them)

*Readies the Flameshield*

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Diddy Kong is just fun to play as. I like the noises he makes.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Ness just wants his peanut butter sandwich in his lunch box that Porky stole from him at lunch.

Morveux

Smash Cadet
I love Peach, because of her attacks.. she is funny, and seems to have a more interresting place in Brawl (comparating with Nintendo Games where she just represent a blond stupid girl) :/

Then.. Zelda (she has a lot of style), ZSS/Samus (same thing), Jiggy (SHE is so funny, but also so powerfull / I prefer to consider Jiggy as a female :p)..
Then came Lucas, Ness, Ice Climbers, Falco, Marth and Kirby, because most of them look low, but in fact they are great. :D

That's all.. ^^

gorgon.

Smash Ace
I main Olimar, Luigi, and Bowser, and I personally like Olimar, Luigi, and Bowser.

Olimar = Although he's a wimp in SSE, in Pikmin he's a brave, scientific, kickass space captain. He leads a mass mobilized army of versatile crops, harvested from the dead carcasses of other aliens.

Luigi = Luigi is hilarious. I remember the old Luigi; a tall, smart version of Mario. Now he has his own personality; a wimpy, comical fighter who can really kick some if he had the guts. He was also really funny in the M&L games.

Bowser = I love his bulky, hunched over, muscle-y look in Brawl compared to his tall, cartoony, humanoid look from recent Mario games. I like his Brawl voice over his weird grunts in Galaxy or Mario Kart Wii (though I like his Melee sea-monster roar better than his Brawl voice.) He just seems like more of an awesome evil villain in SSE than in recent Mario games where he is portrayed as a bumbling, incompetent bully.

I also like 3D (a huge mallet wielding penguin, come on,) Wolf (badass, but I hate his new accent,) and Snake (too badass.)

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
People seem to assume a lot of things about the way Peach is portrayed in the games, but a lot of times characters like her are up to interpretation. I like to interpret her as sweet, benevolent, and innocent. But people seem to like to say "they clearly make her look..." followed by a bunch of ridiculous notions. I think it's completely stupid.

Sygmus

Smash Cadet
I love the personal touches in each character's movements and poses. Peach skips along, or if she's running, holds her dress up. She looks like she's just playing around. It further contrasts her with fellow princess Zelda, who is so proper. And I thought Brawl captures Dedede very well with a feeling of being laid back, not to mention the fact that he uses all his moves from the original Kirby's Dreamland. I love his dash attack, even if it sucks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario: I enjoy his determined personality. Regardless of his odds, somehow he pulls through.

Sonic: I seem to enjoy his aggressive fighting style. He wants fast and intense action, but how many people can match Sonic's movement.

Luigi: A humorous type of guy. It's funny how he always feels too scared to do anything.

Wolf: He too seems pretty aggressive. Relentless and determined; a nasty combo for a famous criminal.

Peach: She's one heck of a beauty queen in this game. Add her happy personality and playful style, and you've got a lady that you can't resist.

Top Bottom