• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Dedede Palette?

Which palette do you use?

• Total voters

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Lets take a lil' break from game mechanics and competitive discussion and talk about aesthetics instead!
Which palette do you people like to use for Dedede?

My personal favorite is the green one, as it is my favorite color and overall it has a nice range of colors (I liked Brawls more, but this will still do).

Here are his alt colors, for reference:

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Green is my favorite color anyway, but the little waddle dees just sell it for me.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The question of the ages.

I actually cycle through most of Dedede's palettes. Here's how I rank them:

A:

B:
(shoutouts to the Waddle Dee sash though)
C:

D(efault):

Why isn't the hammer monochrome too?:

Last edited:

AlextheTwin

Smash Cadet
90% of the time I wear the black because I used to be big into chess and the chest pattern looks like a chessboard. Also I like the darker colored face, I think it looks sharp. I'll occasionally use the classic red or green to mix it up. I never use the grey, it's so plain and ugly IMO. Pink I use if I want to troll :D

Last edited:

AlextheTwin

Smash Cadet
The question of the ages.
Why isn't the hammer monochrome too?:
I'm curious as to why the red color on the face of the hammer isn't changed to match the primary color of each costume. That would be so awesome.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I think one of the worst thing about Dededes alternate colors is that I sorta like all of 'em.
At the time I posted this thread, I was feeling green a lot, but now I'm feeling the default Royal Red.
Other times I feel the purple for the amazing sash and other times the dark one for the purple robe.
Blue also has a very nice color palette.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If he had his white palette from Kirby Air Ride I would totally favor that over all others

or if the hammer was also monochrome on his retro palette, I'd stick to that one too.

But yeah, I agree. Out of the palettes he has I don't have a clear-cut favorite, so I end up cycling through pretty much everything but default.

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
I originally always went with his default red, but recently his purple coloring has grown on me. A fit color for the great king, no?

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
I discovered recently that the green blue one had a waddle dee belt, so that one.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Always loved the ice blue one for whatever reason. I just really like it. The only other costume that really caught my attention was the Green Waddledee one, but I appeased that with the plans of using that skin for my King Dedede amiibo and calling it Waddle Dedede.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
The entirety of DeDeDe is a joke. The theme of the character is just humorous. Everything he does from his attack animations to his hit stun animations the character is just honestly hilarious.

Just something about being pink adds to that. When you cheese someone with the jet hammer and crouch when you're pink it's just too funny

D

Deleted member

I pretty much use either the default costume or the dark one. Looks cool, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Out of all the characters I main, dedede is the only one where I like the default coloring best. Red and yellow are my two favorite colors, and none of the other color schemes seem regal enough, maybe except for the purple, I mean just look at the next post! The king must wear attire fitting to his majesty.

Last edited:

KillJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
K0maeda
3DS FC
0361-6214-0350
I use Pimp Suit Purple.

It's kinda become my thing within my group. So much so that I made this for my stream computer.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Green's pretty ugly but I like the waddles (they were the reason I picked up Dedede when Brawl came out) so that's why I use it. Default red probably looks the best.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Whenever I use Dedede I always use his default red. Tested out the others and I just like his original palette more. Although the purple one comes in as a close second.

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
I like them all to be honest, I use the blue one though. I like that the ice blue one is a reference to the games and the pink one looks comfy as hell. I was hoping there would be a masked DDD alt though, especially because he appeared in Triple Deluxe.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Default. Always default. Very, very rarely I may use the purple or dark blue, though, but it's so rare as to be almost non-existent.

I do like the Waddle Dee-patterned haramaki (belly-warmer - a lot of folks miss this visual joke; It's about equivalent to a penguin wearing a scarf, but rather more practical) on the green palette, but his feathers also being green with that one is a dealbreaker for me. ;)

Interrobang!?

Smash Rookie
Green is definitely my favourite, but I mix it up with ice blue sometimes. I used to go with pink D3, but no more...

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
It seems I'm always cycling through the alts, since there's no definitive one I really like, but I always end up going back to purple.

Though Brawls purple was better... I wish I could get that back.

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
Green is my favorite, I love that it has little waddle dees on it

I also like the sepia/monochrome/GB retro/whatever you want to call it skin

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Bah, once more I change which one I like best. Indecision be damned.

Light blue is nice and I don't see many people using that one.

I like to call it "Polar Explorer Dedede". Do you guys like to give alt costume names like that?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Bah, once more I change which one I like best. Indecision be damned.

Light blue is nice and I don't see many people using that one.

I like to call it "Polar Explorer Dedede". Do you guys like to give alt costume names like that?
That one is my favorite. I always found myself saying Ice Blue or Cold Blue or 'Hey you better switch that's my color ****** ass **** you can't have it!!.' I know it's not as creative but I have like twenty nicknames for Dedede himself so I'll take it.

Last edited:

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Purple. It is mine. No one else's.

When I get my D3 amiibo I will do some custom painting to match. And it will be pronounced good.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Purple. In biblical times, purple dye was the most sought-after and thus mostly associated with royalty. The unique royal design on his sash is also really cool.
I actually prefer the purple coloration most for almost every character that has one.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I always go for the Retro/Monochrome color. Always.

It just gives me a bit of nostalgia, not to mention I'm a bit of a retro/classic fanatic to begin with.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
used to go monochrome, but ice blue stole my heart!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Dark blue is my favorite palette because blue is kinda my thing. But when Im playing FG sometimes I go dark when Im seething with rage. Pretending Im Dark Dedede, crawling in my skin, etc.

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
Count me a fan of green. It's my favorite color, but the real draw is the Waddle Dee pattern.

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
I go sepia. If I pick any other colour my skill level mysteriously drops. I just get used to it, I guess, like how seeing blood has an involuntary instinctual response.

I love that the green outfit has a waddle Dee on it, but I just hate wearing green!

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I use green mostly. Sometimes black or red. I never use any of the other ones...just not as appealing to me. I wish the hammer face color matched the different outfits.

Man of shame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ManOfShame
I enjoy the classic red mainly for red being my favorite color, I honestly want red and white diagonal stripes outfit because think king dedede wearing a coat and hat with a design of a candy cane would suit him either that or a gold outfit.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Purple, it's my fave colour for everything and has a rather sophisticated feel to it with the belt design.

Top Bottom