• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Generation(s)?

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
Gen 2 and Gen 3 are definite favorites of mine.

Gold version got me into pokemon, and Sapphire got me hooked and blew my mind.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@frozen: so abilities/natures/doubles arent brand-new game changers from Gen3?

also, as pointed out earlier Gen2 was originally gonna just be part of gen1, so you could almost call gen1 the beta and gen2 a patch...

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
My personal favourite generations were the first and second ones. These two were really special, and they actually followed a simple, yet interesting plot.

The third generation on the other hand felt so empty to me as it was quite different from the previous two games. Generation 4 was ok, but not as great as the first 2 gens (though I must admit that HG/SS were really good). Generation 5 is probably my favourite after generation 2 as it is definitely quite unique with a lot more interesting Pokemon.

justrk86

Smash Rookie
I used to think gen 1 would always be my favorite, but after coming back to a number of different Pokemon games, i really feel like gen II provides the best in-game experiences. I really can't speak about competitive Pokemon though, as it's something I've never gotten into.

Sage1400

Smash Cadet
As far as old featues go, I think gen 2 definitely made a HUGE improvment. Most likely the most improvement from 1 gen to the next. But I still feel the list of better ones goes
gen 3
gen 4
Gen 1 and 2
gen 5

I really like all of them a lot, besides the fifth generation. As for as competitive gameplay goes, the obvious best one would be gen 4

Ecks

Smash Lord
I think the series has been improving in gameplay with every gen as well. For this reason, I usually judge a gen based on the region and pokes.

Theres something about gen 3 that didn't feel "right" to me though.

*Has not gotten Black/White yet* :(

:phone:

Top Bottom