• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite President Poll

Who is your favorite President?

• George Washington

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • John Adams

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Tomas Jefferson

• James Madison

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • James Monroe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Quincy Adams

• Andrew Jackson

• Martin Van Buren

• William Henry Harrison

• John Tyler

• James K. Polk

• Zachary Taylor

• Millard Fillmore

• Franklin Pierce

• James Buchanan

• Abraham Lincoln

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Andrew Johnson

• Ulysses S. Grant

• Rutherford B. Hayes

• James A. Garfield

• Chester A. Arthur

• Grover Cleveland

• Benjamin Harrison

• Grover Cleveland (2nd Term)

• William McKinley

• Theodore Roosevelt

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • William Howard Taft

• Woodrow Wilson

• Warren G. Harding

• Calvin Coolidge

• Herbert Hoover

• Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Harry S. Truman

• Dwight D. Eisenhower

• John F. Kennedy

• Lyndon B. Johnson

• Richard Nixon

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Gerald Ford

• Jimmy Carter

• Other (Please post below)

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Unfortunately because the maximum allowed in a poll is 40 I am fusing the last five presidents into one answer, so if you pick other please post to explain who out of "other" do you prefer. The presidents in the option of other include presidents 40-44. Also why out of all the options in the poll why did you pick who you picked?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Calvin Coolidge got a vote? That's pretty shocking.

I chose Tomas Jefferson (sic in Poll). He was one of the few presidents who wrote extensively on human rights. While he owned slaves, he has no real record of cruelty to slaves, and in fact, fathered children with a slave.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Washington.
Generic, yes.
But he was the first president. That means no predecessors and no one to tell him what he has to do. He had to run a completely new country and was pretty successful. Plus, he was the only president to actually lead his troops on the battlefield, from what i remember.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Hm...this is a tough decision. Washington's great for being first and setting the precedents; Jefferson for his injection of his political philosophy into American politics, the Louisiana purchase, etc.; Jackson for the power he added to the presidency and the sheer strength of his personality (although he did have that nasty habit of killing Indians); and the first Roosevelt, mostly for his personality, even though he did have some good progressive achievements.

Also, wouldn't it have been easier to just cut out people like (William Henry) Harrison or Hayes or Garfield, the ones who really didn't do anything during their presidencies?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Were they on the battlefield during their presidency? -is too lazy to check dates-

I'm just repeating what i learned in history xD I think i meant to put one of the only..but idk xD;
But he did lead his troops as the president while putting down a rebellion in the states, which is pretty cool.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I voted FDR, but Jefferson may be my second. If you wanted to cut crappy presidents, John Tyler would have been an easy choice, and Garfield didn't need two entries.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I voted FDR, but Jefferson may be my second. If you wanted to cut crappy presidents, John Tyler would have been an easy choice, and Garfield didn't need two entries.
He literally was two different presidential entries on the number roster. So I formated accordingly. I understand what you mean though.

I chose Tomas Jefferson (sic in Poll). He was one of the few presidents who wrote extensively on human rights. While he owned slaves, he has no real record of cruelty to slaves, and in fact, fathered children with a slave.
Kind of curious as to why you found it shocking, now if some one voted for William Henry Harrison, I would be incredibly shocked, Because that gives awe inspiring stupidity.

ballin4life

Smash Hero

Coolidge is the president that just partied all the time in the White House, right?

Also I wouldn't count fathering children with slaves to be a good thing for Jefferson....

Washington.
Generic, yes.
But he was the first president. That means no predecessors and no one to tell him what he has to do. He had to run a completely new country and was pretty successful. Plus, he was the only president to actually lead his troops on the battlefield, from what i remember.
Grant and Eisenhower were both generals right?

Also FDR is probably the worst. Japanese internment, using the court-packing plan to threaten the Supreme court, the social security ponzi scheme that is bankrupting the country now, prolonging the depression, massive expansion of the government, confiscating people's gold (and then revaluing the dollar to basically steal money from people's gold). I guess that line about fear was good?

Should have been a public poll by the way

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

He literally was two different presidential entries on the number roster. So I formated accordingly. I understand what you mean though.

Kind of curious as to why you found it shocking, now if some one voted for William Henry Harrison, I would be incredibly shocked, Because that gives awe inspiring stupidity.
Coolidge did nothing in office. He won, got in office, held parties, then just decided not to run for re-election.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Jackson for the power he added to the presidency and the sheer strength of his personality (although he did have that nasty habit of killing Indians);
And the nasty habit of the spoils system. Jackson had one of the most incompetent cabinets in the history of the American Presidency, and fired members of his cabinet so fast I don't think any original cabinet members survived until the end of his presidency.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I voted for Herbert Hoover because he sounds like a cheesy superhero.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
under-appreciated presidents if you want to be different:

John Quincy Adams
James K. Polk
Well, there's a fairly good reason John Quincy Adams is "under-appreciated." He wasn't able to do nearly anything, seeing as all the Democrats tried to block him because they thought he cheated his way into office. Although he did have a great career beyond the presidency.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's a tie between Nixon and Clinton.

Both of them hilarious and awesome in their own unique ways.

Top Bottom