• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite song -

K-Cow

Smash Cadet
For some reason, I find Papercut by Linkin Park really addicting.
Remember the Name by Fort Minor's pretty addicting too.
Stan by Eminem's pretty good.
There are a lot of techno songs that I find really good as well.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
i don't have a fav song, but the one im listning to the most right now is probably Mein Teil by Rammstein.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can never settle on a favorite song ethier... so I'll give three (no order).

1. Umbrellas and Elephants by Cinematic Sunrise: Basically it is a catchy song with meaningful lyrics that anyone can enjoy. The vocalist is simply amazing... very unique. Give their myspace a visit.

2. In Keeping Secrets of a Silent Earth by Coheed and Cambria: I dunno why I like this song so much, but it just has an epic and haunting sound to it. I think Claudio's voice is second to only Craig Owens of Chiodos/Cinematic Sunrise when it comes to alternative/rock.

3. Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional: Yeah, I think this one is kinda embarassing, but I can't help it. It ties in perfectly with the Spiderman storyline and all that good stuff.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Paranoid Android-Radiohead
Achilles Last Stand-Led Zeppelin
Don't Fear the Reaper-Blue Oyster Cult
Money-Pink Floyd
Peace Frog-The Doors

The next section will be dedicated to the Beatles because they are the most amazing musical act ever.

Got to Get you into my Life-The Beatles
Rain-The Beatles
I am the Walrus-The Beatles
Fixing a Hole-The Beatles
Tomorrow Never Knows-The Beatles
Within You Without You-The Beatles

Day in the Life by The Beatles is the closest to actual perfection anybody's going to get.
There's a guitar version by Jeff Beck that's pretty good too, but I agree with this post.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I didn't mean to double post...but since I already did...
Paint it Black-The Rolling Stones

SkyReaver

Smash Rookie
Well I really don't have a song that I call my favorite but huh... I do have some motivation songs :laugh: (I call them motivation songs). First one is "Head Strong" from Trapt. Oh... and of course "To Be Loved" from Papa Roach. I need to find some more (motivation songs :laugh: ) to find :) . Oh and I mostly listen to Spanish music so, most of you won't even understand them :ohwell: (or I think so).

Justin

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a single favorite song, but here is one of my favorites : Bush - Machinehead.

And that's one of many..

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Some of my favortie songs include:

-Deacon Blues by Steely Dan
-Baba O' Riley by The Who
-Starship Trooper by Yes
-Reelin' in the Years by Steely Dan
-Synchronicity II by The Police
-American Pie by Don McLean
-Fade Together by Franz Ferdinand
-Sounds of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel

And countless others that I can't remember at the moment.

Sandy

Smash Champion
-Amish Paradise by Weird Al
-Live And Let Die b y Paul McCartney
-Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance
-Astro Zombies(Misfits) by My Chemical Romance
-Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall
-Sniper by Last November
-St Jimmy (Live) by Green Day
-I'm Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys
-Throw The Jew Down The Well by Borat
-Sumiregusa by Enya

Toshiba

Smash Apprentice
Well as far as favorite song goes, im gonna have to divide it by genre.

Melo-Death (favorite)------- Children of Bodom - "Silent night Bodom Night" or "Hate Me!" or "Follow the Reaper" or "Bodom Beach Terror". Norther - "Death Unlimited".

Thrash------ Metallica- "Four Horsemen" (or anything off of their first 4 cds for that matter). Megadeth- "Holy Wars...the punishment due"(or anything from rust in peace). Slayer- "Raining Blood"(or anything from reign in blood".

Power Metal----- Blind Guardian - "Welcome to Dying" or "Fly" or "Turn the page" or "Fury of the Storm". Demons And Wizards- "Crimson King". DragonForce- "Fury of the Storm" or "Through the fire and flames" or "Prepare for War".

Rap------- NWA- "Gangst Gangsta" or "Straight out of Compton" or "Fyck the police" or "Chin Check". Wu-Tang Clan- "Bring Da Ruckus" or "Triumph" or "Wu-tang Clan aint nothing to fyck with" or "Protect ya Neck".

Political (Close second to melo-death)------- The Coup- "Gunsmoke" or "Dig It!" or "Hard Concrete" or "Hip 2 tha Skeme" or "The Name Game". Rage Against the Machine - "Bullet in the head" or "Township Rebellion" or "Down Rodeo" or "Take the Power Back".

Heavy Metal------ Skid Row- "18 and life to go" or "Youth gone wild". Tesla- "Modern Day Cowboy" or "Ez Come Ez Go". Guns' N' Roses- "Its so Easy" or "Better" or "Chinese Democracy" or "My Michelle" or "Rocket Queen". Of course sabbath and zeppelin etc. just dont feel like listing each song.

Black Metal--------- Immortal- "Unsilent Storms in the North Abyss" or "Battles in the North". Emperor- "An Elegy of Icaros" or "Ye Entrancemperium". Mayhem- "Funeral Fog" or "Cursed in Eternity".

Instrumental------- Buckethead- "Nottingham Lace" or "Whitewash" or "King James" or "Descent of the ****ed" or "Stick Pit" or "Unrestrained Growth". His cd's vary so much in style that i just had to pick my favorite off of a few of the different ones. Nottingham lace is heavy metal like, whitewash is an electric acoustic song, descent of the ****ed is thrash, Unrestrained growth is bluesy.

I would have to say that currently my single favorite song would be "Better" by Guns'N'Roses as the cd version just leaked a week or so ago. Followed closely by almost any children of bodom song or anything off of Death Unlimited by Norther.
Wow this came out a bit longer than i expected haha.

TAK$

Smash Ace
Malchik Gei obviously, i went through 33 days with this playing nonstop, cant help but like it now i guess. >.> it's stuck in my head all day every day, the whole song, and when it ends, it plays again, and again, and again, then if it stops playing in my head, i end up doing something wrong, weird. =o

A5modeu5

Smash Cadet
@toshiba
melodic death metal is your favourite and you don`t mention arch enemy...the best melodic death band ever
do you know arch enemy?

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Well.. I've got a MASSIVE collection of music that I could listen to forever and ever. But If I had to choose the top song right now, it would probably be...

1. The Skies Above, by The Black Mages

Mariam

Smash Rookie
What do you think about Lara Fabian's songs? I like her very much, she is a talant! My favorite is "You're not from here"

Sandy

Smash Champion
"Real Life" by Linkin Park is another favorite. It's from their new album, Minutes to Midnight.
I made a topic about it.

Toshiba

Smash Apprentice
Of course i know arch enemy, and i love them. But for some reason, i never think of them. Like ill go to listen to some music and ill put on some cob or nother or skyfire, but i wont ever remmember about arch enemy. Whenever i do remmember though, i will listen to them nonstop for hours.

O and i have a new group to throw up there: KillWhitneyDead
Check them out if you like death metal, they are a deathgrind group from my area. Some of my favorite songs by them are "save your sermons for sunday so i can sleep through them", "put your mouth where the money is", and "i wouldnt kick her out of bed for eating crackers"

Top Bottom