• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite swordsman?

linksausage

Smash Cadet
Hey, all. I've been gone for a while, and my main character has changed. Not much, but still: from YL to Link. Anyway, I've been wondering which swordsman is everyone's favorite: Link, Young Link, Marth, or Roy? I prefer Link over all of them. Some people call the Links cheap, 'cause of projectiles, but the projectiles can't be cheap if you don't use 'em...anyway, who's your fave?

Aiko

Smash Champion
Probably marth, since he has great range, speed, power and an awsome grab game, but marth is also one of my most hated characters at the same time. I play space animals :/

Giggidax

Smash Ace
Link over all of them! and Young Link right behind. my friend calls my Link cheap because i always exploit his strategys but up-b'ing out of shield. i guess ill say it, he sux, he needs work but thats why he plays me. to get better

altho my Ylink is undoubtedly better, i like Link's range, physical strength, and crouch canceling. Link can tank almost anything! i dont literally mean anything but Link can CC lots of attacks.

sigma

Smash Cadet
roy has alot more fire and most of young links fire is very weak excluding the flaming d-air of doom..... plus roy explodes..

but anyways... my fav is roy, then link, then young link, then marth

Razed

Smash Ace
I like Marth alot, cause he has awesome range and his sword makes a cool sound :3

Buuut I also like spamming with Link :3

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Are we talking about In game- because in game i really like Marth obviously because of his just domination.

Like overall coolness factor of who my favorite swordsman though would be... i guess still Marth now that i think about it. He has fluid motions, very calm, and fierce. Very cool character

)-(ø(\)øR

Smash Rookie
I prefer marth over roy cause roy is red-haired

xD

i prefer marth over roy bcoz oh his godly aerial game

I prefer Link over young link dunno why tho...i just dont like Ylink he lacks range(im not an experts in swordsmans...)

Marth-link-Ylink-Roy

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
My favs in order are Link, Marth, Roy, and Young Link. I've always liked the Zelda series, so Link's my fav, and Marth is just awesome. Roys pretty good, but I think Young Link has to many moves that KO off the top of the screen, sometimes I just want the satisfaction of that nice sounding wap followed by a scream and an explosion instead of the star sound.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
my fav is ylink. I love his Arrow and Bumerang Spamming ^^
I would have Marth as my fav Swordsman but he disturbed my Falco Skills so i gave him up...

Zodiac

Smash Master
Roy -- fire.

Class dismissed.

Couldnt have said it beter except.. Link is my favorite because he's awsome.

qoute form a nood that never got very far "Jeeze! Link has to be the cheapest character in the game! he has bombs, a boomerang and arrows and a 20 foot sword! all he needs no is a machine and he pwns everyone!"

Tera253

Smash Ace
FIRE!!!!!!!

(that means Roy)

~Tera253~

yet... as Uncle Kenny once said:
"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.", meaning:
"Those who live by the sword get shot by Space animals"
Tera generally will use Falco

Wrath`

Smash Master
Marth link Y linkROY is yo man.Plus i whoop fox/falco azz with the counter.People might say i'm counter happy,but i use it wisely

Peeze

Smash Master
I just started learning Link the other day, and he is kick @$$. His projectiles require timing and speed, while his sword attacks are a combination of power balanced with mediocre speed.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
my fav is ylink. I love his Arrow and Bumerang Spamming ^^
I would have Marth as my fav Swordsman but he disturbed my Falco Skills so i gave him up...
"Bumerang"?? is that a substance?

Link is also my favorite if I had to choose, but the fire emblem counters are pretty hot.

Banks

Smash Hero
marth is the best character hands down, and my favorite. because hes actually a good character. maybe roy for low tier >_>

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Link looks cool when he fights, he has a funny scream when he dies or gets hit, and he blows himself up to recover, and he is from LoZ series. He also looks ******** when he misses a grab. Can't get much more appealing then that. Link ftw!

My favourite swordsman is marth because when he taunts he sounds like he is saying "Thats okay. No meat for me today !" really fast.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Marth is my favorite swordsman unless someone is using him against me.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Marth.
No matter how much you may hate to play against him, you gotta admit, Marth is cool. Great range, tippers, ability to chain grab the space animals, and that godly spike. There's only one thing keeping Marth from being the coolest character ever, IMO....

....that tiara.
:p

Sheik is my favorite swordsman hands down.
LOL that cracked me up! :chuckle:
And all too true! Sheik/Marth FTW!

Top Bottom