• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Victory Theme Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Note On Repost - Read This: At the risk of getting on a mod's nerves, I'm posting this again. The mod who closed this did so because he felt it was similar another thread, but the thread I was redirected to (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226079&page=3) has a different subject altogether. This thread isn't about who has the best victory music, but a comparison of which game you feel handles the various themes best.

If that's an insufficient distinction, then I'll leave it alone and never bring it up again., but the thread was locked before I could post a rebuttal.

One of my favorite things about Smash is the music, and the rearrangements of our favorite nostalgic tunes. I especially like the victory themes, which are (for the most part) the only tunes to be constant throughout all three games and have different arrangements each time.

Every once in a while I cruise youtube listening to the different tunes and remembering where I first heard them, and listening to the different versions, seeing which ones I thought pulled off the song perfectly.

So, of all the victory themes over the past three Smash games, which would you say is your favorite versions of each?

For myself:

Mario: SSBM
DK: SSBM
LoZ: Definitely SSBB
Samus: SSBM
Yoshi: All
Kirby: SSB
Fox: SSBB
PokeMon: SSBB
Falcon: SSBM
Earthbound: SSB
Fire Emblem: SSBB
Ice Climbers: Both
Mr. G&W: SSBM

(My list excludes Wario, Sonic, Snake, Olimar, and ROB, since they've only had one Smash).

I liked the fact that Smash 64 had a walking bass in many of their themes (Ness, Kirby, Yoshi) , which works well, though the stable chords are good depending on which song you're talking about.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Read the first paragraph of my OP.

At the risk of repeating myself, that thread similar but not the same as this. Posting this there would derail it.
I see the difference, but I direct you to the rules.

2. Duplicate/Redundant Threads, Posts, and Topics Before posting a thread, use the search feature to ensure there is not already a thread on the same topic. If you can't locate a thread you've made, use the search feature as it might have been moved to a more appropriate forum by a moderator. If there is already a thread, please use it as there may already be several replies with good information about your topic.
If any post gets deleted or locked, do not make a thread identical or similar to the locked one, or make a thread asking why the previous was deleted or locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom