• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Villain of All Time

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
i know someone kind of already has this thread but this one is different because it could be any villain. A villain from anime, a villain from a movie or from a show. My favorite villain of all time is Slade from Teen Titans. In my opinion he was just so cool and mysterious and always came up with crazy schemes and manipulated people. Slade was a genius and a great ninja. Upon looking him up further i found out he had an even more complicated past and usto hav the name DeathStroke.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
General Grievous on the animated version of Star Wars Clone Wars. Anyone who can break dance with lightsabers is a beast! Rephrase that.....anyone who can break dance with FOUR lightsabers is a beast! He was a major threat to the Jedi, and his minions weren't any sloutches themselves.

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
Zechs Merquise from Gundam Wing. Used to love that show, and Zechs always struck me as being particularly awesome. I mean, he wears a mask! That and he was the kind of villain who was always cool and collected under fire, which just makes him look that much more professional.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Zechs Merquise from Gundam Wing. Used to love that show, and Zechs always struck me as being particularly awesome. I mean, he wears a mask! That and he was the kind of villain who was always cool and collected under fire, which just makes him look that much more professional.
Do you mean Meliardo Peacecraft?

I.B

Smash Lord
I'd say Cell from DBZ. Mostly because he gave the Z fighters such a hassle and caused many ascensions from the Saiyans(Gohan going SSJ2, Vegeta and Trunks going USSJ). Another reason is because he consumes other villains to make himself even stronger.

Now that's beastly.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Magneto from X-men.

I mean, come on, I don't need to explain, do I?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Magneto's definitely a great one. One of my personal favorites is Shan Yu from Disney's Mulan. He was a GREAT villain. Just take a look at this exchange between he and two of China's soldiers:

~~~

The Hun army comes to a stop by a marsh. Two Chinese soldiers are dragged out of a tree and thrown before Shan Yu.

Hun: Imperial Scouts.

Soldier #1: Shan Yu!

Shan Yu: Nice work, gentlemen. You've found the Hun army.

Laughter

Soldier #2: The Emperor will stop you.

Shan Yu: Stop me! He invited me. By building his wall, he challenged my strength. Well, I'm here to play his game. Go! Tell your Emperor to send his strongest armies. I'm ready.

The two soldiers scurry off, one after the other.

Shan Yu: ...How many men does it take to deliver a message?

Hun Archer: One.

~~~

Classic. Not to mention that his death isn't really lame. He's BLOWN UP by fireworks. Even in death, he's a bad*ss.

Also, to whoever mentioned Dragonball, just from a purely asthetic point of view, I hate Cell. His character design sucks, in my opinion. I really like Kid Buu's design.

For the record, I also hate Baby, Super 17, and especially Syn Shenron, who in my opinion just ends up looking ridiculous.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I completely forgot about Shan Yu. I remember when he said that line and the skinny archer drew his bow I thought "This is a Disney movie and he did that? Holy crap!"

However, my favorite villain has to be Hannibal Lector for The Silence of the Lambs.

The fact that he was so smart, that he could manipulate people, that he, in terms of cunning and guile, was heads and shoulders above any one else and he was so despicable that his past crimes were never discussed yet when they were referenced people just became disgusted. His demeanor was played wonderfully by Anthony Hopkins, who captured a short of maniacal hubris and lust that can easily be seen just by the first frame of looking at him. He was a thespian, a doctor, a Renaissance man, yet he was the worst person you could ever find yourself talking to.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
This is lame, but Sweeney from the musical Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

Though he's the protagonist, the muscial is about revenge. He was sent away for life by London's judge, so that he could sweep in and **** his wife. Afterwards, she poisons herself, and keeps their daughter for his own-- so that when she becomes of age, he can make her his wife.

Sweeney escapes the prison and returns to London, and seeks revenge. By doing so, he opens up a barber shop, and slices the neck of his victims, in order to make meat pies with his partner in crime, Nellie, hoping one day that the judge comes in for a nice shave.

It's amazing. They're making a movie version this winter with Johnny Depp. He'll kick ***.

Skywalker

Space Jump
In Samurai 7, a heir to the throne (with the long purple hair and clownish makeup)
betrayed his father
and
usurped the title of Emperor.
The old
emperor
always scared me in the Darth Vader kind of way.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Hannibal Lector killed a man with a club and took off his face while listening to Bach's Goldberg Variations, if that counts...

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
This should be in Media Metropolis...

Lo Pan

Just too cool. He infused a story set in the west with an all-American hero with eastern sensibilities. He's also a magician. And he invented shoop da woop.

Betty

A nearly invincible man with deadly skills and a pair of bear claws. He cuts off people's big toes for fun, but he likes to crack a joke now and then. His laugh is hilarious.

Danny Witwer

The only antagonist to appear in four mediums: Literature, film, video games, and most importantly... Lego. He's youthful, professional America embodied, encroaching on old fogies that mastered almost-obsolete trades. And when he's not busy being symbolism in a good book and a good film, he's shooting grenades at you in a lukewarm VG adaptation.

Senator Roark

Pure slime, a smooth representation of modern corruption portrayed by an actor that could read a phonebook in a riveting fashion.

Henri Ducard

He's a French ninja. Oxymoron points alone make him a great villain, on top of his ability to kick a lot of ***, wear a gas mask and look cool, and spout philosophies in a fashion that enrages whomever he's talking to.

More later, probably.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer

Mr. Blonde gets a mention simply for have such an amazing scene

Zed's there, because **** is messed up. Especially gay ****

Rattigan. Most definitely on the list.

Another ****edup **** scene

Audric Goldfinger. Most insane plot ever to get rich.

Troy: What's wrong with me?
Dr. Zaius: I think you're crazy.
Troy: I want a second opinion.
Dr. Zaius: You're also lazy

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Evil Eye, the fact that you have Betty on your favorite villain list makes you my biggest hero EVER.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Your wings are red.

Part two of EE's favorite villains!

(note: to save myself some time, I am going to endorse Eor's list with the exception of Rattigan just cuz I haven't seen the movie)

Trent Easton

You just don't claw your way up to the top of the National Security Agency and find time to be filthy, with your elbows deep in crime without being really good at hiding it. He also wields a gold-plated magnum. Why? He wants people to see something cool before they die. What a nice fella.

Perfect Dark for N64

Mr. Blonde

The answer to the question everyone wants to know: Are Scandinavians aliens? The answer, of course, is yes. This fella is an alien killing machine disguised as an Eastern-European killing machine. Wicked!

Perfect Dark for N64

Alec Trevelyan

As far as I'm concerned, the only equal Bond ever faced in the movies. Just pure bad ***, that's really all there is to say. You know a guy is good when an explosion and being thrown from a hundred-foot fall don't kill him.

GoldenEye, film and N64 game

Max Zorin

The top of the ladder as far as industrial villains go in the Bond series. He is a vicious psychopath, the result of a Nazi experiment to create supermen (in the Nietzche sense, not the DC Comics sense). Though it was a success in the sense of forming a genius, Zorin became a severe sociopath. He kills offhandedly. He can kill somebody with just about anything, and he commits mass murder on his own men for fun.

A View to a Kill, film.

Max Shreck

Continuing down the Walken pike, Max Schreck is some kinda villain. He's one of the few evil industrialists that both wants to push his secretary out a window and does so. He also somehow persuades an entire city that The Penguin would be a good mayor while dodging assassination attempts from Catwoman. And, as a villain, Batman is naturally after him. In other words, two supervillains and a superhero were after him, and he not only survives to the end, but almost kills Batman! He wins major points for not giving any speeches about his motives. Someone says "Bruce... YOU'RE Batman!?" Instead of going into some sort of monologue about why he knew it all along and will succeed, Shreck simply says "Was!" and shoots him in the head. Now that's no nonsense!

Batman Returns, film.

Cigarette Smoking Man

It's hard to describe this guy, but he's like a relic from the film noir days slapped into a contemporary conspiracy piece. He exudes atmosphere just in the way he lights up, and isn't exactly a weakling when it comes to the rough stuff or playing the spy game.

The X-Files, TV show.

Alex Krycek

A Russian mole deep in the FBI. It takes the gift of gab to get far enough to pick your own assignments. But he's also a smart dude, and a tough SOB too -- he kills a man while handcuffed and hanging from a balcony, and beats up the protagonist with one arm. Literally one arm. His other had been sawn off.

The X-Files, TV show.

Omar Santiago

That's right, John Locke once had his beginnings as the philosophizing antagonist on a quickly dead sci-fi show. And boy, did he pull it off. In the final episode he outwits the main character about eight thousand times, as well as some angry Native Americans. He actually stole a guy's face.

Harsh Realm, TV show.

Lucy Butler

We didn't actually find out what this broad was, but apparently she's tough enough to murder an armed two hundred pound detective with just a knife. Of course, I knew she was bad *** when she flipped a cop over her head and broke his jaw with his own assault rifle. She's apparently a demon, and may or may not be Satan. I thought Satan would be a dude.

MillenniuM, TV show.

Edward Mars

This guy is one helluva jerk. He's a great foil to Kate, and seems to have a mild sadistic streak, as he enjoys playing their cat-and-mouse game and rubbing her face in all the **** she's done any chance he gets. They beat up on each other a lot, but he is infinitely more bad ***. While half-dead, he managed to jump out of a coma and would have killed her had he not been interfered with.

Lost, TV show.

Sutter Cane

A great, hammed up character from the best actor you've never heard of. Cane is a Stephen King-ish novelist that discovers that not only is his writing driving readers insane, but beginning to take a life of his own. Instead of trying to stop it, he basks in it, delighted in the insanity he is creating. He becomes God, and loves every minute of it.

In the Mouth of Madness, film.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I don't have any snazzy pictures, but here are a few more from me:

EDIT: Now with snazzy pictures!!!

1) Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life.

Every one hated him yet he relished in it and just caused people's lives to wreck.
2)Mrs. Senator John Iselin from The Manchurian Candidate.

She betrayed her country and ruined her son's life by willingly letting him become a political assassin. A manipulative she-devil with no soul.
3) Gaston and Jafar...

I think we all wanted them to die as quickly as possible...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
More theater villains.

The Witch - Into the Woods

She's the evil witch that's in every fairy tale ever.

Javert - Les Misérables

He sings the song Stars. It's amazing.

The Judge - Sweeney Todd

Using his power as a man of law, he sends a man off to a remote island in order to steal his wife.

John Jasper - The Mystery of Edwin Drood

A rather insane musician. Attempts to take his own nephew's life. Crazy stuff.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Virgilijus;2312096[IMG said:
http://www.cartoondollemporium.com/jafar_parrot.jpg[/IMG]
I think we all wanted them to die as quickly as possible...
I totally forgot about Jafar, thanks for reminding me.

He was a classic. I loved to hate him.

Top Bottom