• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favourite Non-Smash Fighting Game?

Ner0

Smash Cadet
Favourite non-smash brothers fighting game

I'll start, i Love Blazblue CSE and MvC2

Ner0

Smash Cadet
Project Wild is a thing as well as Pokken Tournament
Ah, sadly I can't think of one.

I would say Pokémon, but...
Project wild and Pokken tournament are pretty cool fighters if you havent checked em out

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I have played far too many to count and enjoyed most of them, but my favorite non Smash fighters is Mortal Kombat X, but sadly the online is quite literally garbage, so I stopped playing it months ago. Currently I am looking forward for the PC release of Killer Instinct (I love the SNES one) and that indie fighter, Them's Fightin' Herds looks promising too.

Ner0

Smash Cadet
i've personally been waiting for a chance to play KI but i dont have an XBO, i have a ps4 and MK X which local is super fun, i really havent tried online play yet

SF Alpha 2 and 3rd Strike are my favorites.

Never could get to grips with 3s in terms of execution, but I have a deep appreciation for it nonetheless.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The only other fighting game I owned for the longest time was SFA: Warriors' Dreams for the PS1, but I tend to gravitate towards Tekken when I have the chance to go to an arcade that has it (other than one time when I went to visit Disney, I haven't played Tekken for about 8 years, though, because the place that used to have a Tekken machine replaced it with Big Buck Hunter).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've enjoyed so many. For current ones, it's definitely GG Xrd as my favorite. For older games, it'd be games like MvC2 where I've poured so many hours just figuring out new stuff.

Ner0

Smash Cadet
I've enjoyed so many. For current ones, it's definitely GG Xrd as my favorite. For older games, it'd be games like MvC2 where I've poured so many hours just figuring out new stuff.
bruh, MvC 2 is great! Who is your favourite character?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The Blazblue series in general is probably my favourite set of fighters at the moment. Part of it's with it getting me into fighters a LOT more seriously than I had before and it leading to a bunch of good things since that are more than just game stuff. Of course, I also have a lot of history with it and legitimately enjoy it a lot. I know Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Tekken 7, as well as King of Fighters XIII are games I really enjoy watching but don't think I'd be able to be as good at as needed.

I enjoy the Persona 4 Arena games, and Ultra Street Fighter IV a lot too. It actually makes me wish I stuck with the Street Fighter IV series a lot more than I have.

Ner0

Smash Cadet
The Blazblue series in general is probably my favourite set of fighters at the moment. Part of it's with it getting me into fighters a LOT more seriously than I had before and it leading to a bunch of good things since that are more than just game stuff. Of course, I also have a lot of history with it and legitimately enjoy it a lot. I know Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Tekken 7, as well as King of Fighters XIII are games I really enjoy watching but don't think I'd be able to be as good at as needed.

I enjoy the Persona 4 Arena games, and Ultra Street Fighter IV a lot too. It actually makes me wish I stuck with the Street Fighter IV series a lot more than I have.
Yah, Blazblue is incredibly fun, the best part is they are relatively easier executionally than a lot of other fighters
all in all tho it has to be my favourite of the last generation of consoles

Minato

穏やかじゃない
bruh, MvC 2 is great! Who is your favourite character?
My competitive team was Magneto/Storm/Psylocke, but I really enjoyed finding ways to make the weaker characters work.
Spidey/Morrigan/Tron was fun as was Mega Man with the help of Storm and CapCom.

I tried some Spidey/BB Hood/Doom once but that sort of didn't work lol.

My favorite character was Tron, so I was pleasantly surprised she returned.

Ner0

Smash Cadet
My competitive team was Magneto/Storm/Psylocke, but I really enjoyed finding ways to make the weaker characters work.
Spidey/Morrigan/Tron was fun as was Mega Man with the help of Storm and CapCom.

I tried some Spidey/BB Hood/Doom once but that sort of didn't work lol.

My favorite character was Tron, so I was pleasantly surprised she returned.
dude tron is the best, my personal favourite team is Tron/Doom/Ken
its not competitive at all, but super fun

NNID
GateThief
3DS FC
1719-4174-7629
My favorite non-Smash fighters are Skullgirls and Lethal League. Though I enjoy Mortal Kombat and BlazBlue as well.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm a big fan of 3D fighters. Things like Soul Calibur and Tekken are my jam.

Although I also have an appreciation for 2D fighters too. I couldn't tell you how many hours I've poured in the Street Fighter across II HD, III Third Strike and all the different versions of IV.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I love almost all fighting games. The only ones that I can't really get into are Mortal Kombat and Virtua Fighter.

My favorite of the bunch is probably Tekken and Soul Calibur.

I like Street Fighter, but it's a very overrated series as a whole

Ner0

Smash Cadet
mortal kombat is really fun, and the new ones are a less execution heavy 2d fighter, ive never tried virtua fighter tho

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
My favorite non-Smash fighters are Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
I play many other fighting games, but my favourite is street fighter (all of them). Currently more focused on USF4, but looking fwd to SF5 :D

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
SF: 3S, GG Xrd, Marvel 2 and 3, and Uniel.
I enjoy P4A and still tinker with SFXT

NagiLykos

Smash Rookie
NNID
armin15
I loooooove 3rd strike! Cvs2, mk, etc. pretty much any new fighter that comes out i at least try. You all excited for Street Fighter V?

I loooooove 3rd strike! Cvs2, mk, etc. pretty much any new fighter that comes out i at least try. You all excited for Street Fighter V?
Totally. My 2 main characters (Sakura and Makoto) aren't in the initial roster, though. I'm thinking of picking up Mika, since I always loved her character, but she looks a lot more fun to play now. Well, except that she can't summon a wrestling ring at will anymore.

NagiLykos

Smash Rookie
NNID
armin15
Totally. My 2 main characters (Sakura and Makoto) aren't in the initial roster, though. I'm thinking of picking up Mika, since I always loved her character, but she looks a lot more fun to play now. Well, except that she can't summon a wrestling ring at will anymore.
Yeah! Mika looks like fun but im probably gonna play vega, ken and karin. I usually float around the roster though.

I am. i'm going to be maing Laura
Sweet! Laura looks cool. I didnt expect her to have that play style

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I never was good at fighting games (besides Super Smash Bros), but I enjoy playing them nonetheless. I enjoy the likes of Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken, and Dead or Alive and I'm really hyped for Pokken Tournament coming for the Wii U. But one of my favorite fighting game is honestly, Sonic the Fighters. There's limited modes and an unbalanced cast, but the game's so fun and hilarious for me to even care XD. I love the cartoony visuals are, the hype music, the hilarious attacks, and how simple it is to pick up and play. I honestly would love to see another Sonic fighting game like Sonic the Fighters. I think it has a ton of potential.

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
definitely Mortal Kombat, I was legit considering getting a ps4 over wii u just for mortal kombat, but ps4 doesnt have anything like mario kart.....so.....

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
I like most 3D fighting games like Soul Calibur, Tekken and DoA. The only 2D fighters I've really played are the Street Fighter/Capcom vs ones and the newer Mortal Kombat games. But if I had to choose a favorite fighting game besides Smash, it would have to be Soul Calibur II.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
I play a lot of Street Fighter and I like it best, along with Mortal Kombat and Blazblue. I've also got a soft spot in my heart for Guilty Gear, mostly because I just like playing as May and Bridget.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, although I do like it a bit more than Smash, to be honest.
After that is Tekken.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, although I do like it a bit more than Smash, to be honest.
After that is Tekken.
I really hope they do a sequel to that game, and refine some of it. I thought it was a lot of fun too. People just didn't like it because it was different.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, I just got KOF XIII recently. It's a really fun game, but has the cheapest, most OP bosses I've ever seen.

Top Bottom