• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FBI-1 ORLANDO Melee BI-weeklies 10/9 *COME GET SPANKED BY CFL MARTHS*

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
DATE CHANGE! THIS IS NOW ON OCT 9th! Sweet! Melee tournaments at Fearless' place!
I have an entire apartment to myself. I LOVE MELEE AND THE ORLANDO SCENE MUST BE REVIVED!

Ok so today I realized that Jacksonville has a bigger melee scene than orlando does. This is sad. We need to step our game up, and no one is hosting anything for melee except wato and NLL. Well, i hate door fees on top of tolls + 30 min drives, and I hate that NLL only does monthlies so I'm going to host melee biweeklies in the UCF area so we can all get better.

ADDRESS \ DIRECTIONS

(don't put this address into mapquest or a gps)
Pegasus Landing Apartments
4512 Jouster Ct
Orlando, FL

if you're using a GPS or mapquest, put in Data Ct and no house #, then follow directions. Data ct is a tiny street.

It's building 18, room 303. At the entrance you're going to have to tell the security guard my building number and full name, which is Steven Belowsky.

The fastest way to get to my place is to get to data ct. You can put data ct into a gps or mapquest and find the back entrance to pegasus landing. Data is off of corporate blvd which is off of alafaya tr.

Get to the back entrance and approach the security guard. Tell him you're visiting Steven Belowsky at bldg 18, room 303. Make a left after you enter the complex. To your left will be the lower section of pegasus landing; go down the ramp (it's your first left). After you go down the ramp, go left and then keep going straight until you hug around a building. On your left is where visitor parking is (the parking spots are yellow and say visitor in front of them). After you park, walk down Black Knight Dr (it's right by the visitor parking) and look for building 18. The building numbers are on the corners of the buildings, not on the front of them. It's 3rd floor, room 303 from there.

TL;DR version
get to alafaya
-turn onto corporate
-turn right onto data ct
-enter complex go left into lower section
-visitor parking on your left, walk down black knight dr, and look for bldg 18

Confused? Call 386 624 1064. It's my celphone.

RULES / SCHEDULE

Registration \ friendlies is going to start at noon.
Doubles is going to start at 2pm SHARP, then singles immediately after.
Pot will payout top 4.

It's 5 dollars per person for singles, and doubles.

We'll be using pound4 ruleset. 5 neutrals in singles and doubles, standard counterpicks. Best of 3 except for finals which are best of 5.

I may host a project M \ Brawl \ blazblue side tournament if there's enough interest.

I have 2 setups always at my place, BRING SETUPS PPL.

ATTENDANCE

1. Fearless
2. Gahtzu
3. Bleak
4. Skech
5. ZeroUnderOne
6. Rx-
7. Acedudeyeah
8. Kuya
9. Sworddancer
10. Keldon
11. Finch
12. Rekrul
13. Sheermadness
14. QDVS (maybe)
15. Dark Sonic
16. Pengie
17. skratch
18. Hiroshi
19. DXero (maybe)
20. Lawlmahbawls (maybe)
21. Lady Legion (maybe)
22. Col Bol
23. Plup
24. Cash Mooney
25. Apollo (maybe)
26. Zoro
27. leafgreen
28. action*******
29. ANGRY LOBSTA (highlighted cuz ness is awesome)

SETUPS
1. Fearless
2. Fearless
3. kniht
4. Acedudeyeah
5. kniht

Where you at, Jax, Gainesville, WATO ?!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE FUTURE

THIS TOURNAMENT WAS AWESOME

EVERYONE SHOULD GO so that the future doesn't change like in that one movie

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Any idea what singles will go up 'till?
Factoring in 20 people go, 3-5 setups(worse case scenario), and we are only dealing with just melee?
I wouldn't like a super lonng break b/w doubles and singles. haha

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
this saddens me =/ if too many people can't make the 9th i'm sure something can be arranged like perhaps the 10th, or the weekend after or SOMETHING.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Don't push it back to the tenth; Sunday tournaments are always terrible. It more or less guarantees that no one will show up. If it does get pushed back, I'd recommend either the 9th or the 16th. Just don't mak it on the tenth because Sundays are terrible for tournaments.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Sorry guys have to push this a week back actually.

also : I remember when dtorr was in the melee community
I'm in the melee community just as much as the brawl community.

I play Melee with Legion, uuaa, Action and AT&T often and Zoro and Hiroshi from time to time.

I play Brawl with Legion and Kyon whenever he is not working.

I play SSFIV everyday with my crew. I also play Tekken 6 and BB:CS with them, but mainly on most saturdays. My crew also doesn't play Brawl or Melee.

My crew lives near me, UCF isn't near me.

You could replace melee with brawl in your statement about me and it still be just about right.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'll probably be in town this day and I might actually have nothing to do. So maybe I'll come to see my Orlando buddies.

Top Bottom