• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FC Compilation: Smasher's Legacy, $10 donation to Evo fund with each purchase!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
We are excited to show off one of the main pieces of our FC Compilation, the Smashers' Legacy card game!

With permission and a little help from top players, we have highlighted their exploits from events throughout Smash tournament history in a card game format. It is a fully-playable, self-contained experience. It is based on the crew battles that have been popular ever since the first one was held at Midwest Challenge, the event we like to label as MELEE-FC0.

Decks sold really well at FC, but I do have a few left if anyone's interested! The cards are high-quality productions, and we're very proud of them, plus the game is pretty fun as well! Check out this FC hype in Samox's video recap. Price is $25, including shipping within the US! Rules can be found here.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
This is going to be even better than Yu-Gi-Oh.

I wonder if people will be playing it on motorcycles.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Well shoot, now Armada just HAS to come. :p

The information that can be gleaned from HBox's card makes this look like an interesting project. Excited to learn more about it.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Shk: +3 / Pch +3 / YL -2 / Doc -2

+ Fountain + - Stadium -

"If Hungrybox outspaces the opponent by exactly 4 (his hand draw is 4 less than opponents base draw), he wins the stock regardless of outcome"

That's all I could get from it.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Shk: +3 / Pch +3 / YL -2 / Doc -2

+ Fountain + - Stadium -

"If Hungrybox outspaces the opponent by exactly 4 (his hand draw is 4 less than opponents base draw), he wins the stock regardless of outcome"

That's all I could get from it.
oh my god

Armada: Flip a coin to pull a stitch. Armada can choose to discard stitch and in return, pull out a bomb.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
sAME CYALL WAS FUN

edit: that aint even my shoulder...n00bs
As if you'd know what your own shoulder would look like. I think we look at it a lot more often than you do, so our opinions are clearly more reliable.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Psh, if it's not your thing than don't do it. We wanted to do cards to recognize top players from top events all the way along. The game only came about because we ended up with some good ideas, and we thought people would enjoy it. Yes, it is SUPPOSED TO BE RIDICULOUS, just like it is to play cartoon characters in a fighting game.

When did this place get so dang negative about everything to the point where everyone feels like they have to tear down everything they don't personally think is enjoyable? If you just want to play Smash, come to FC and the Smash will be great. Everything else is just a bonus. If you choose not to come, that's fine, you'll be reading the responses of everyone after the event who had a great time.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Assuming you guys are even being serious, I think you need to lighten up a bit. This is another for-fun project that will be a fundraiser. For those that have a sense of humor, this is a super fun project that will be a lot of fun for everyone. I even just used 'fun' twice in the same sentence. That's pretty fun.

Xtra

Smash Ace
im all for bonuses!!! lololol nuff said!! you guys should make custom cards. ya know...for those of us who dident kick *** at big tournies. what will these be selling for?

KishPrime

BRoomer
We said Top 32 at the major tournaments listed. And, hold on, let me check...yup, we've all got several of those well within that margin.

As for cost, we're not sure about exact costs yet to produce, going to depend in part on a few things. As Squared said, it's going to be a partial fundraiser as well to help with costs/pot/attendance, though we're hammering out the final details. I would think everyone would support such a thing.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
You gotta make it as ridiculous, as over the top, as wild as possible. Then make it crazier. A level of wildness rendering it entirely broken as a game, but a spectacle of entertainment to both watch and play. Only when there are chances of having to pick out and eat black jelly beans because unless you get a good DI roll and reach the turnip hydrant in the right amount of turns or you get Ken comboed.
I really need to stop having the dumbest thoughts at work.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You gotta make it as ridiculous, as over the top, as wild as possible. Then make it crazier. A level of wildness rendering it entirely broken as a game, but a spectacle of entertainment to both watch and play. Only when there are chances of having to pick out and eat black jelly beans because unless you get a good DI roll and reach the turnip hydrant in the right amount of turns or you get Ken comboed.
best post in the thread so far

KishSquared

Smash Master
Cereal and Rainbow are on the right track. We're making an entirely wacky game based on crew battle rules. There's no way something like this could be awful, because by being awful it would, in fact, be even more awesome. If it's corny or poorly constructed... even more awesome. The awesome just continues to build. Plus it continues to build on the reunion theme that we've had from the beginning.

Anyone who thinks this idea is anything beyond the above is taking it way too seriously, lol.

Incidentally, there's an unspoken rule that says that beating a player requires them to sign their card for you. But shhhh... it's unspoken.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I nominate this guy for King of Nonsense for FC, do I have a second?

Top Bottom