• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fellow Marth mainers

Captain Awesome

Smash Rookie
How many of the Marth mainers are planning to get Fire Emblem DS? You finally have the chance to reasonably learn the History of perhaps one of the greatest FE heroes ever and play an amazing game to boot!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DTIdLNwwsEw

Come on, Marth's been good to you, it's the least you could do to him.

Bonus points if you play Ike and played his games!

TL;DR Play your main's game when it comes out, your appreciate Marth even more and see how lucky you are to play an awesome character.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yes, I'm going to buy it.

Before anyone says this is useless, the topic has been done before with no complaining, so deal with it, lolkay?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
hell yea I'm getting it. I've been psyched for this game since its release date. Even though it's gonna be odd to see marth's personality, I've kind of been thinking of him as a silent hero since I've only actually seen him in melee and brawl.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lawl, "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT MY AWESOMENESS" is the silent hero?

Anyway; emulation wharrrrrrrrrrrrrr. *scoff*.

Otherwise I'd have to BUY a nintendo ds. And you know how that works out.
Either way played FE3 anyway; let's just hope this game is epicly hard or something :D.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
haha, well i can't tell what the **** he's saying. i've read translations for his Dtaunt, and I'm sure I've read his victory pose translations somewhere too, but I don't remember what he says.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
How many of the Marth mainers are planning to get Fire Emblem DS? You finally have the chance to reasonably learn the History of perhaps one of the greatest FE heroes ever and play an amazing game to boot!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DTIdLNwwsEw

Come on, Marth's been good to you, it's the least you could do to him.

Bonus points if you play Ike and played his games!

TL;DR Play your main's game when it comes out, your appreciate Marth even more and see how lucky you are to play an awesome character.

What about those of us who knew and loved Marth before melee came out? Do we get bonus points?

Granted, FE 4 is my favorite of the series (still tops my list of favorite games), but I played FE 1-5 before the vast majority of you guys even knew that Marth existed.

So yeah, definitely picking it up, the game holds a lot of nostalgia for me, and I'm looking forward to picking up a copy.

Ciel~Image

Smash Apprentice
It feels like this game was announced years ago. But yeah, I'll get it. I loves me some Fire Emblem. <3

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I've always loved FE games in general, which was one of the reasons I started maining Marth. I've played a bunch but unfortunately haven't played the first four, and Marth's only in 1 and 3.

This is gonna be great :D

Edit: BTW Ike is much more broken in his own game than Brawl. Nasty *** ability and his stats are wtf thru the roof

zaf

Smash Lord
I been waiting to play this ds version for a while now, saw it was in production a few months back.
Sorry i didn't watch the entire youtube video, but is there an exact North American release date for this game yet.?

also, i never really knew what marth said nor did i try looking into it. does anyone know what he says in melee/brawl? taunts, counter?

Captain Awesome

Smash Rookie
I been waiting to play this ds version for a while now, saw it was in production a few months back.
Sorry i didn't watch the entire youtube video, but is there an exact North American release date for this game yet.?

also, i never really knew what marth said nor did i try looking into it. does anyone know what he says in melee/brawl? taunts, counter?
No official one as of yet, probably be in holiday season though.

As for words, this is taken from smashwiki.com

" * Marth's taunt in battle is "みんな、見ていてくれ!" "Minna, miteite kure!" which translates to "Everyone, keep watching me!".
* Marth's counter move is performed while saying "そこだ!" "Soko da!" or "させるものか!" "Saseru mono ka!" which roughly translates to "There it is!" and "Like I would let you.", respectively.
* Marth's three possible victory statements are:
o "今回は僕の勝ちだね。" "Konkai wa boku no kachi da ne?" which translates to "This time, it's my victory, isn't it?"
o "今日も生き延びることが出来た。" "Kyou mo ikinobiru koto ga dekita," which translates to "I was able to survive another day."
o "僕は負ける訳には行かないんだ。" "Boku wa makeru wake-ni wa ikanai n da!" which translates to "There's no way I can lose!"

* In the master sound test room (that can be accessed through the debug menu), Marth has an additional phrase players can listen to that he does not say in the game: "レッツダンス!", which is a transcription into Japanese sounds of "Let's Dance!" "

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Do we even know if it's coming to North America? And Japanese release date is early August.
I doubt a new FE game wouldn't make it to the US shores. Every FE game since no.7 has come, even with low sells.

Plus it's on the DS, using a character most people identify with than any other due to Melee and Brawl.

gallax

Smash Hero
if i had a DS i would definately get it. but i dont have one so i will end up letting my roommate buying it then borrowing it from him :p

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
a new trailer was released on the nintendo channel (JP only) and it looks sick. I actually like the new graphical style.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
4 things...
1) no i didnt play any game with marth in it outside of melee and brawl
2) i know little about fire emblem outside a little bit about marth and his whole story
3) yes i will get this game
4) guitar hero exists for the ds fyi so screw the iphone

Top Bottom