• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Announcer Project (finished! Custom requests too!)

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
So I'm kinda active over at KCMM now and brought up the idea of a female announcer. Surprisingly, a lot of people wanted it, so... here goes. 2DaMax92 and Diddy Kong were kind enough to compile the stuff in because I'm still new to sound hacking ;;

http://www.mediafire.com/?207xor0o8c3bze4

...And wouldn't you like a helping of Brawl Taunts wiimote sounds to go with that? ;)

**Please back up your soundfile before attempting to install these - some people have had issues trying to insert them! ;_;

ALSO!!! I have done custom wav's for a lot of the popular texture hacks. So if you want to use this announcer but have, say, Shadow in your game, then let me know and I'll post the link to the wav file and you can inject it.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, first off, I want to say that this is AMAZING. Your announcing voice is awesome, and it really fits with the game, which is cool. Thank you so much for doing this.

I do want to point out, though, that the volume levels are really low; I had to turn the music almost entirely off in the Sound options to even hear what you were saying, and the character calls in particular were really low in volume. I'd be using this 100% of the time if the volume levels were a little more normalized.

Other than that, though... brilliant. Thank you. ^_^

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I just watched the video of Rina calling out all of the characters' names... that needs to be made like 2x louder.

Oh, and excellent work, the voicing is very professional, as we've all come to expect from you by now. :D

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Interesting... I'll have to check this out sometime.

Edit: The download here has everything the announcer says changed right? If it does than say so in the first post so people like me stop asking.

Edit 2: It seems that it does. Excellent.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Ugh I've tried injecting these .dat files into the smashbros_sound.brsar and ran it with nothing changed. I've tried sawndz0072 and hex inserter 1.1. Nothing. ): Wtf do I do?

ds22

Smash Lord
Rina-chan, first of all I like to congratulate you with this fine piece of SFX hacking.
Never saw something amazing like this done before.

I saw that you also do requests.
So might I request an announcer call for Naruto (fitted for Olimar), Mewtwo, Roy and King DDD pronounced as 'Daydayday'?

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was. I just used a different screen name back then.

And yes, I know everyone thought it was annoying. So I tried to make this one more of a deep sexy voice haha

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yeah I was. I just used a different screen name back then.

And yes, I know everyone thought it was annoying. So I tried to make this one more of a deep sexy voice haha

:phone:
Voice Snake in a deep voice.
DO EET.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
How would I get this to work if I'm using a Japanese BRSAR? When I tried to use it, the game just froze very quietly when the announcer's voice should appear.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
That's what it sounds like they're asking to me. It would be easier to just put the .brsar on the SD card w/o having to patch it, especially for those that can't use sawndz.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I admit I'm not too sure how to use this with Riivolution.

I already got a Melee sounds BRSAR with Japanese character voices, but I probably need to integrate these in the BRSAR, right?

I like the work you did, though I do admit I'm wondering how I'm supposed to integrate two things I like, XD. If someone can integrate these sounds in this (or tell me how I would do that) it would be bad *** to have on my Project M.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9y8pmg3ksor80yr

You did a nice job, and all sounds seem equal in volume in the video, so you probably took a lot of effort in making those.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
For the BRSAR request. It would be nice if there was one with Rina's voice prepatched (eng and *** if possible). Though I believe that linking that file to Smashboards is against the rules (maybe?). :x Though if its not, it would be awesome.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I just went ahead and dl'd Vigilante's/Blue SuperSonic's .brsar.

Anyway, this is pretty sweet!

Slashy

Smash Lord
This felt...odd...it definitely didn't feel like a fighting game or any action game for that matter.

The way I see it, there are really two types of fitting announcers for action games:

The stern, serious style: see King of Fighters 11-13, Blazblue, Unreal Tournament (can't remember which), Team Fortress 2

The energetic, cutsey style: Bomberman Generations, Mega Man Powered Up, Viewtiful Joe, (or the exception, Dead or Alive)

You hit an oddball here, it sounds like you're bored or something. I'd actually really like to hear you do the energetic cutsey style, as that would be fitting for a game like Smash Bros.

It just doesn't fit, like Amanda Bynes and dramatic acting.

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
The problem with something cutesy and energetic is that people get annoyed of hearing it very quickly - that's what I did in super smash flash years ago and everyone hated my voice :/ So I tried to go for something like a sexy voice; I'm not really sure how else I could do it without making people get sick of it after two games :(

Slashy

Smash Lord
LOL Super Smash Flash was not energetic, it was extremely nonchalant. It sounds like you're trying to be interested....and your current voice pack just doesn't fit Smash Bros.

Best way is to go by example, yes it might be annoying, but I find these examples far more engaging than what you did for Super Smash Flash and this voice pack. Please don't think I'm overstepping my boundaries, I really don't have voice acting experience like you, but understand that video game announcers is a topic I somewhat obsess over. I went through the trouble of emailing Brawl's and Street Fighter Alpha 3's announcers to get requests if you want to know how dedicated I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlFC4D3cq8 - This is a good example, heck it is even a Smash Bros. clone! Good part at 2:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6-yoYRyAFQ&t=1m5s - Viewtiful Joe's example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shR3o0is5oo - Bomberman Jetters example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuxS9_Nifrk - Dead or Alive has a great example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HukO27yQ8oc - This is easily the greatest example of an announcer in a fighting game

All of these seem to show a lot of energy, it's like they're trying to demonstrate to me why "BOMB-KICK" or "YOU LOSE" are the greatest things in the world, that's the kind of thing I don't see in your performances. You're just kinda saying your lines...not really ANNOUNCING them.

Top Bottom