• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Gamer Stereotypes and why they make me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
OMG JAM YOU MOMMA'S BOY

WAY TO BE THE MOST REVILED GAMER GUY STEREOTYPE :mad:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Still, props for telling women to dump men based on physical characteristics. This will get a few replies, certainly.
No you misunderstood me. You dump them for the reason of their physical characterstics or personality. If your guy is packing the pounds or becoming skinny because he just games 24-7, you leave him. You leave him because he is neglecting you, and even neglecting his own body.

Reminds me of asian girl breaking her guy's ps3 lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJVBsUX-zCM

Anyway, from what I read it sounds like you should try dating people who aren't gamers and hopefully you'll find a guy who isn't in one of these categories and is enough of an anomaly that fits what you're looking for in a man. Best of luck to you...
Thanks. This is what I have concluded as well... just avoid the guy gamers.... unless I'm 100% sure they have their act together.

I just want to say that I found this offensive.

He is dressed kinda funny, but Dhalsim isn't "emaciated looking". He appears to be a fit guy with toned muscles. He can also make any part of his body longer(obvious plus).
Dang. Tesh wins this topic.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
1. Guys who have bigger boobs than me (Need to lose weight)

Lose sum weight u fat peice of ****!

2. Guys who weigh less than me because they have never lifted a weight in their entire life (Emaciated looking guys. Also usually pale as hell because they never go outside)

Yoga skinny!

3. Basement dwellers

Profound.... dwelling...

4. Momma's boys who use their mommy's money for date money

5. Guys who won't even spend money on their girl because they use it for video games, MMs, tournies, ect.

It's HIS fight money, and you ain't getting any of it, gurl!

6. Any combo of 1-5. Mix and match your fail.
But you're black, that's far worse than any other stereotype mentioned in this blog.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
omg moshu the ruppee and bomb guy from zelda cd-i

i lost

LeVash

Smash Rookie
I'm a Vega main so I guess I'm a 4, but hey my girlfriend is beautiful so victory is beautlful ;D

fkacyan

Smash Hero
5. Guys who won't even spend money on their girl because they use it for video games, MMs, tournies, ect.
I think the problem here is that women somehow feel entitled to a guy's money.

I'll spend money on my girlfriend when it's appropriate, thanks.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think the problem here is that women somehow feel entitled to a guy's money.

I'll spend money on my girlfriend when it's appropriate, thanks.
Oh **** she's a gold digger

Well

Just thought you should know, *****!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I don't judge based on you being a gamer, you're either or hot or you're not. :troll:

Pstrizzle vid is fake btw.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Eh. I'm responsible, take care of myself, save money, graduated college, own a house, etc, and am a gamer. Stereotypes are common, not absolute.

However, I'm not going in to gaming circles looking for a girlfriend. That way, madness lies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I am a 2

In my defense, I am 5'0 and no matter how much I eat I will never gain any weight. Seriously, I ate nothing but fast food for an entire week just to see if I gained weight once and I never got above 100 lbs. :/

EDIT:

Reminds me of asian girl breaking her guy's ps3 lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJVBsUX-zCM
Holy **** that woman is evil lol

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'm a Vega main so I guess I'm a 4, but hey my girlfriend is beautiful so victory is beautlful ;D
this person deserves an over 9000 point infraction for bumping this dinosaur.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
this person deserves an over 9000 point infraction for bumping this dinosaur.
There's no such thing as bumping blogs because technically they aren't threads.

So it's all good, we get to have a round 2!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'm a lot of them and it makes me a bit sad that I will never have such a wonderful woman such as SNO.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Numbers 2 & 3 and PROUD. Although to be fair, I do run cross-country, even though it doesn't really build muscle. I really do weigh less than most of the people on the team, but I'm also mad short, so whatever. As for basement dwelling... I got nothing. At least I'm not pale and don't spend time in an actual basement.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Oh, this blog again.

*goes through it again*

Srsly though this girl says she's all legit looking.

Pix or I'm callin' buuuuuuuuuuuuuuull****. :denzel:
...I do not recall her ever saying that. She is just saying stereotypes for gamer girls are wrong.

Note: I am in no way a supporter of the OP I believe stereotypes are bad regardless of who throws what stone and she is as much a sinner as the guys who have female gamer stereotypes.

*reads over it some more*
*Sees nothing else so leaves for now*

Uffe

Smash Hero
The way I see it is that girls in general think most gamer guys aren't attractive. They look at them as what you've mentioned about them. Gamer guys probably look at gamer girls like this because they're expecting females to be attractive. I don't speak for everybody, if anybody, though. I'm just saying that that's probably how they feel about gamer girls.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Mmmm hmmm hmmm.

I think that it's not so much of a stereotype. It's more fact then faction, far as I know. Going by what I've seen, I mean. Maybe I'm wrong. It's not like I know anything, anyway.

But....about this.

I don't agree with that, in any case. It might be due to my personal taste.

See, the kind of person that would catch my eye is some independent sort of female. She would be able to take care of herself. I’m not looking for some goddamned princess that has fantasies about a knight in shining armor to sweep her off her feet or wipe her tears away when she stubbed her toe or something. On the other hand, I’m not looking for some ill-tempered person that is rude and dominating. I’m looking for an equal. Someone like me, you might say. Since I cannot imagine asking anyone to buy something for me, ( And I really dislike it when parents and stuff buy me stuff for like you know, birthdays and stuff. It’s like, DUDE. I know what I want. If I want something, I’ll get it myself. I don’t want to feel indebted to you or anything. I probably won’t even appreciate your gift. ) I can’t imagine that the kind of person I am looking for would either. Nobody would know what she likes better then she. So I’m sure she wouldn’t be asking “her man” or whatever for something cute. Such as a piece of expensive nothing, like a diamond ring.

If it did somehow happened that she would need to be defended or something, then of course. I would die for her. But the sort of thing where you see dudes stomping around and being manly or whatever garbage you want to call it to “protect” her or discourage other guys from making a move? Naw. That ain’t me. Looks ridiculous, I think.

Anyway. Nice post or thread or whatever. Good to see things from a different perspective, although it’s nothing I could not have thought up myself. Really. It is. I naturally have far more experience with dudes going on about girls in such a way that it seems they want some kind of “perfect” sorta thing that very rarely exists in real life. Like, dude. Take a look in a mirror. Why would this woman you described be interested in THAT? Ah well.

Peach out d00ds.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I don't agree with that, in any case. It might be due to my personal taste.

See, the kind of person that would catch my eye is some independent sort of female. She would be able to take care of herself. I’m not looking for some goddamned princess that has fantasies about a knight in shining armor to sweep her off her feet or wipe her tears away when she stubbed her toe or something. On the other hand, I’m not looking for some ill-tempered person that is rude and dominating. I’m looking for an equal. Someone like me, you might say. Since I cannot imagine asking anyone to buy something for me, ( And I really dislike it when parents and stuff buy me stuff for like you know, birthdays and stuff. It’s like, DUDE. I know what I want. If I want something, I’ll get it myself. I don’t want to feel indebted to you or anything. I probably won’t even appreciate your gift. ) I can’t imagine that the kind of person I am looking for would either. Nobody would know what she likes better then she. So I’m sure she wouldn’t be asking “her man” or whatever for something cute. Such as a piece of expensive nothing, like a diamond ring.

If it did somehow happened that she would need to be defended or something, then of course. I would die for her. But the sort of thing where you see dudes stomping around and being manly or whatever garbage you want to call it to “protect” her or discourage other guys from making a move? Naw. That ain’t me. Looks ridiculous, I think.

Anyway. Nice post or thread or whatever. Good to see things from a different perspective, although it’s nothing I could not have thought up myself. Really. It is. I naturally have far more experience with dudes going on about girls in such a way that it seems they want some kind of “perfect” sorta thing that very rarely exists in real life. Like, dude. Take a look in a mirror. Why would this woman you described be interested in THAT? Ah well.

Peach out d00ds.
I agree to an extent, but I think that's a little too much. Buy her something nice once and awhile for the thought, take her out for dinner, you know? Your girl shouldn't expect you to pay for everything (even though I always do in relationships), but you've gotta man up and do it every here-and-there.

With that whole manly garbage bull****, most of it's true but sometimes you just have to do something. Let people know who you are, make her proud, make her wanna show you off. Don't go around like a ***** starting fights, that's weak, but don't be afraid to get in one; especially if your girl's involved.

And I totally agree about nerds who think they deserve Megan Fox (inb4hate), you can't expect to get a babe without any effort (unless you're me). Work for it, excercise, learn your priorities you feel? Play games and ****, yeah that's cool, but go lift some weights sometime or something. ****. If you're too ***** to do that you're gonna have to accept what you can get, you should date a girl cause you both like each other anyways. The *** is alot better when there's a mutual feeling.

Yay for srsbsns relationship talk on a Smash forum.

P.S. BD I know that was your opinion and i'm not hating, just made me wanna reply.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I value intellect. Apparently, the OP is lacking in basic logical skills made obvious by blatant double standards while trying to prove a point, and acting on the assumption that she could make an impact on someone's life with such a mediocre blog. Therefore, pics, or I'm utterly uninterested.

Though, this thread has appeased my humor, I'll grant that.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I value intellect. Apparently, the OP is lacking in basic logical skills made obvious by blatant double standards while trying to prove a point, and acting on the assumption that she could make an impact on someone's life with such a mediocre blog. Therefore, pics, or I'm utterly interested.

hahahaha pierce ur awesome <3

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I value intellect. Apparently, the OP is lacking in basic logical skills made obvious by blatant double standards while trying to prove a point, and acting on the assumption that she could make an impact on someone's life with such a mediocre blog. Therefore, pics, or I'm utterly uninterested.

poor dear got trolled quite hard. :awesome:

Teran, can you lock this thread and infract the person who bumped it? Thanks.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
It was really a joke blog with some truth sprinkled in. Since most of the people on this site are inbred, and can't handle jokes nor differing opinions, they are bound to get butthurt. which is what is happening.

edit: Actually most people on the internet, not this site. Sorry. This thread doesn't need to be deleted. I like the posts/responses of people bustin' a nut/taking it seriously/ trying to insult my brains (LOL @ PIERCE, FINISHED COLLEGE WITH HONORS, TRY TO INSULT ME MORE KID) over something written for mostly entertainment @ 3 AM.

sorry guys, I should of just made a brooding emo blog about how horrible my life is just like nearly all the other rat **** threads in this section of the site. Teran, you too good to be modding this dump. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom