• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Smashers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

highfive

Smash Lord
After reading this thread I have come to realize something...
1. Guys will try to be better with more manly characters like Bowser or Captain Falcon just so that people won't make fun of them for being total B.A.M.F's with a parasol wielding princess.

2. There's too many stereotypes for female gamers and they deserve the respect they win, not the respect that they believe to deserve just for being female gamers.

3. Guys really like to feel that rush of winning a match against a male opponent because it's what we're addicted to.

4. I really don't think it'd be cool to hook up with a female gamer... especially if she can kill you with Jigglypuff... It'd be okay for a few weeks since you get to spend quality time with her and get some practice in with your main but then you realize that she's too much like you to stand being with.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I don't see a problem with being with a girl who is very much like me and shares my hobbies... However, the girl I'm currently with is very opposite of me, so I can't say I've had the experience...

She does want to learn Brawl though haha since it's such a part of my life.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I am offended by those male stereotypes D= they are horribly false lol

idk what #3 is all about :s rush? male opponent? lolwut?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol, have you been to tournaments and won matches?

The competitive environment is intense.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I am a female smasher that regularly comes to these boards. (about everyday) and usually more then once a day.. I get on here alot. 0.0 Lol.

I also go to tournys. Just because we are girls doesn't mean we can't ****.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
lol, have you been to tournaments and won matches?

The competitive environment is intense.
That isn't gender related. I would still feel an incredible rush at winning a match regardless of their gender.

1. Guys will try to be better with more manly characters like Bowser or Captain Falcon just so that people won't make fun of them for being total B.A.M.F's with a parasol wielding princess.
Snakeee and many other smashers like dark pch. use female characters and are well respected.
Let alone that hardly anyone uses Captain Falcon or Bowser in tourmament play.
Let alone that the majority of gamers are males so yeah/
2. There's too many stereotypes for female gamers and they deserve the respect they win, not the respect that they believe to deserve just for being female gamers.
There are many stereotypes on male gamers. Some of which you are making.
3. Guys really like to feel that rush of winning a match against a male opponent because it's what we're addicted to.
We are addicted to the rush of beating another guy?
iirc, just winning is a rush itself, especially against someone who challenges you.
4. I really don't think it'd be cool to hook up with a female gamer... especially if she can kill you with Jigglypuff... It'd be okay for a few weeks since you get to spend quality time with her and get some practice in with your main but then you realize that she's too much like you to stand being with.
Um, actually its a fact that when you are with someone who has the same hobbies and ideas that you do, that the relationship tends to last much longer.

People always says, I want someone who is my opposite, when this is not true. They will deviate to those who think or act similarly to the way they do.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I'm a girl! and I've been comming here pretty often!
I think that threads like this make male gamers (and myself) somewhat angry. It usally makes everyone bitter and defensive. Alot of girls who play games seem to thrive on the attention that they get because they are a female gamer. I don't know why but it bothers me. I usually don't mention that I'm female and I don't think that it really matters. On the flipside I must say that I am not the best player ever and would hate for someone, male or female to think that it is because I'm a girl.

tl;dr? *sigh* short version: Who cares about gender?

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
i've met a female smasher here in st. johns..... we brawled a few times and all the matches were very close... she used pikachu on me

for those who are wondering, even prior to this even i never ever underestimated a female gamer, females are just as human as males are and have the same ability to be awesome at video games as we do.... it was solidified in my mind more so then it already was by the many females that handed my mage's *** to him on a silver platter with salt and pepper on WoW.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Dude, go check out any of the more traditional fighting games like Street Fighter. The chick characters are VERY popular simply because they're generally made to be small and quick. In a game (Brawl) where there are 3 females (no, Nana and/or Jiggs doesn't count) in a cast of 35 characters, it's not surprising that you don't see people playing chik characters as much as dood characters.

You just made a stereotype right there... in the very same sentence.

If there is a dood player who I can win against easily, it's not going to be competitive. If we're having a close match though, it will be very competitive, whether it's a dood or a chik.

By the way, you're really racking up the male stereotypes in your post there, buckaroo.

P.S. I'm very proud of the Smash community in this thread because the "Marth=female character" jokes have been nearly overlooked here. It's like a nexus of self-control lolz.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
I think there was a female social group with around 30+ members. It may be guys pretending but there shows there probably is more than a couple girls

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
You just made a stereotype right there... in the very same sentence.
Maybe he was maybe he wasn't either way exactly what he mentioned happens ALL. THE. TIME. regardless. It's not a stereotype if you just point out something that happens a lot. He didn't really seem like he was trying to claim it as an absolute across the board to me.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
ehhh more girls should play, being a hot girl would be a GREAT mindgame... probably one of the best actually... but it could be reversed on said girl with ease tho, and the fact that brawl is a total mast fest scares them off ._. well theres one DECENT girl player that goes to locals where i live... but to me decent still gets *****. really tho i dont know any girl brawlers that i dont totally own when i play them but itd be tight to find a ***** that can play GOOD, but id still win <.<

Captain Falcon counterpick mindgamez>girl brawler gets nosebleed>Win

Ladybug

Smash Lord
There are two girl smashers here in Dallas (including me).

And I'm not particularly mediocre. In fact, I'm not particularly bad. I'm certainly better than decent.

I can't say that for the other one though. >_<

I think that threads like this make male gamers (and myself) somewhat angry. It usally makes everyone bitter and defensive. Alot of girls who play games seem to thrive on the attention that they get because they are a female gamer. I don't know why but it bothers me. I usually don't mention that I'm female and I don't think that it really matters.
It bugs me too, it's not just you. Because girls like that give girls who are actually good and competitive and can actually beat up on the boys a bad name. If you're really there for a game, it shows, as compared to if you are there for the attention from being the only girl there. I've worked so hard at gaining respect as a girl gamer for certain games that when an obvious player for the attention comes in, it really drives me up a wall.

*sigh* short version: Who cares about gender?
If you're good, then you're good. It shouldn't matter if your male or female.

ive yet to play a female smasher who doesnt just pick a "cute" character and then spam spam spam, the day that i do... is the day i propose marriage
Then you obviously haven't played a lot of girls who play the game for real.

Yes I play Jiggs and I play Kirby. That's because I am learning Jiggs because there are no Dallas players who play her (unlike Marth, MK, and D3) and I play Kirby because he was my main in Melee (it was never because he was cute either. It had to do with the fact that it was the only way I could beat the Fox I generally played with). I picked them based on their abilities and the fact that I can hold my own with them.

XaioXang

Smash Rookie
ehhh more girls should play, being a hot girl would be a GREAT mindgame... probably one of the best actually... but it could be reversed on said girl with ease tho, and the fact that brawl is a total mast fest scares them off ._. well theres one DECENT girl player that goes to locals where i live... but to me decent still gets *****. really tho i dont know any girl brawlers that i dont totally own when i play them but itd be tight to find a ***** that can play GOOD, but id still win <.<

Captain Falcon counterpick mindgamez>girl brawler gets nosebleed>Win
I am a girl smasher myself, and the fact that tournaments are a " Mast Fest" doesn't scare me away. If anything I would go to prove everyone wrong and try my best to win. The only reason I have yet to enter in one is because there aren't many around me, and I would like to improve a bit more in the mean time. I don't really see what being hot has to do with it, but you know that if a "hot" girl was playing brawl she is unfortunately probably taken.

But I do know one other girl smasher in my area and another in training. :]

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Games don't interest most females so i do not have any expectation for a female to play SSBB at a competitive level. But I know there are alot that just play for fun & only a few that play competitevely.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha yeah. It seems we have already established the nature of female smashers. What do we discuss now? lol

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
I am a girl smasher myself, and the fact that tournaments are a " Mast Fest" doesn't scare me away. If anything I would go to prove everyone wrong and try my best to win. The only reason I have yet to enter in one is because there aren't many around me, and I would like to improve a bit more in the mean time. I don't really see what being hot has to do with it, but you know that if a "hot" girl was playing brawl she is unfortunately probably taken.

But I do know one other girl smasher in my area and another in training. :]
well im not saying that they are bad, its just good one is rarer than chuck norris getting beat up

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Pfffft.... I figure there's an advantage with that. :p That way there's not a whole bunch of people breathing down your neck seeing if you're any good. It takes a lot to be sexy and play smash. Haha.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm a girl! and I've been comming here pretty often!
I think that threads like this make male gamers (and myself) somewhat angry. It usally makes everyone bitter and defensive. Alot of girls who play games seem to thrive on the attention that they get because they are a female gamer. I don't know why but it bothers me. I usually don't mention that I'm female and I don't think that it really matters. On the flipside I must say that I am not the best player ever and would hate for someone, male or female to think that it is because I'm a girl.

tl;dr? *sigh* short version: Who cares about gender?
You're awesome, your post is awesome, 'nuff said.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah Wiscus is right. Threads like this attract attention to the fact that they are girls, which is really unnecessary.

Oh well, it happens anyway... unfortunately

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I remember that girls separate tournament at WCSL. I housed princess aura and i am sort of a friend of VANS, so i root for them haha (though vanessa didnt enter brawl and doesnt usually enter tournys, just goes haha)

Nicole

Smash Champion
I remember that girls separate tournament at WCSL. I housed princess aura and i am sort of a friend of VANS, so i root for them haha (though vanessa didnt enter brawl and doesnt usually enter tournys, just goes haha)
is a girls "separate tournament" the same as a girls only tournament? that would be pretty cool, i'd only have to fight like, 2 people, and be guaranteed money!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Part of the issue is that most girls are more interested in being sex objects earlier on in their lives compared to males which genuinely are aggressive and competitive by nature. It goes hand in hand with smash so males tend to be more driven to play it. Females would rather got to the mall, spend money and make friends. Its just not part of being a "female" in the American society to play video games -- theres no reason for them too.

I know this from my own experience and watching other peoples experiences.

In my situation, I was exposed to the video game industry very early on in my life and I've stuck with video games ever since. Picking up a title like Devil May Cry 3 or Dead Rising to me sound alot more interesting, challenging and exciting versus going to the mall and buying the same pair of shoes with a different color.

I see the value in gaming, most other of my fellow females do not see. Even in Smash when someone gets down and dirty with discussing some serious AT's, Glide tossing, etc. I sit down and try to study it because I think AT's can be fun, useful, and cool to use. The more I mess around trying to learn another random characters AT, the more I learn about how that character works. Which does give you an abstract idea of how their meta game works, even against your own main character.

But try discussing Smash with a fellow female on the street and they'll think your an idiot. Quite sad actually.

I do want to ask if any other females here have mostly male friends like I do? I cannot stand being around other females that are very society like cut-and-paste. Stick me in a room full of male gamers and i feel very comfortable and relaxed. I can be me, you know?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I do want to ask if any other females here have mostly male friends like I do? I cannot stand being around other females that are very society like cut-and-paste. Stick me in a room full of male gamers and i feel very comfortable and relaxed. I can be me, you know?
I understand completely. I'm crass, I ****-talk, and I can hold my own when the insults start getting thrown around. I have always had more guy friends than girls. It's just more comfortable. Out of the 6 closest, would die for friends, one of them is a chick and thats cause I've known her for 18 out of the 22 years of my life. When it comes to a roomful of guys, they're more likely to accept you for you, rather than be completely judgemental and want nothing to do with you if they don't deem you "cool enough". And from the gamer girl standpoint, I find it to be a really great feeling when you're no longer seen as a girl gamer but just a fellow smasher or one of the guys. Then at least you know you've got their respect.

XaioXang

Smash Rookie
I remember growing up and going one of the only girls in my neighborhood. So when a new game would come out , or someone got a new pokemon deck I was right there with all the guys drooling over the new game/cards. I really appreciate the company of my male friends and select few female friends who are not cookie cutters. I am so glad to know that there are other females out there who feel the same way I do. My mother still to this day questions my judgment in friends because I never bring home "omg! Girlfriends!!!". Instead I drag in "geeky boys" as she refers to them, and wonders why. Not to say she is mean but just does not quite understand.

Honestly I will go to the mall.... but the first store I hit is Gamestop,EB, or Play-N-Trade, depending on the mall. Even then it is usually one of the few stores I go in. Other than that I refuse to by shoes and silly things to look nice. Which is another aspect of my male friends that I love. I don't have to look nice for them, ever. I don't wear make up. I only have for extreme occasions. The guys I hang around don't care. If anything they like to see girls who aren't fake. :]

Gindler

Smash Champion
I know there are a quite a few girls that used to play in florida. Most of them quit because it turns out they were horrible and only went even with the rest of us because it was early on in brawl and everyone was bad. There are still a few around, most notably a kick *** zelda player who always places high in teams (quite the amazing teammate from the look of it)

Also for you girls, should guys go easy on you in a tourney match or give it their all? I haven't played a girl in tourney yet so thought I'd check before hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom