• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FF'ing Fox's Dair?

Alotsa

Smash Cadet
Are there situations when FF'ing Fox's Dair is unnecessary? Are there situations when NOT FF'ing a Dair is a better option than FF'ing it?

EMP_Zurg

Smash Cadet
not really because it just gives people more time to sdi out of it and will probably make your lcancel timing harder

BonaparteZ

Smash Rookie
Spiking them with the drill comes to my mind. Not that I could actually do that.
Also, if they don't DI and you hit them high, it'll do more damage if you refrain from fast-falling.
It might be that you are asking this because you have trouble not fast-falling it?
If that's the case, either C-Stick it or tilt only halfways down instead of the whole way.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Its kinda of a more damage / move safety trade off, if you don't fast fall it they will easily DI but if they don't they'll take more damage, on the other hand if you fast fall your dair they'll have a harder time DIng it but they will take less damage.

As a fox player, you should be able to do both, I personally don't like to ff my dairs when shield pressuring because I can do more damage to their shields that way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom