• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGCU VGC Presents: The Spring Smash - 2/26/11 - Fort Myers, Florida

Smash Rookie
This tourney is for the FGCU students. although the school will allow anyone who wants to come and play a chance to play no matter age or residence.

going back a few years this was a FFA single elim tourney with no cash value prizes. the winner got a shirt or a hat or tickets to something go on around town. our VGC prez has been working with me and many of the other smashers at this school to make this have a more SWF feel to it. He has go out of his way to get a local sponsorship and to toss his old format out and adopt the BBR rule set.

If you dont like the prises dont come. Its for our school to come and play games and you are welcome to join.
I agree... People ifs a FREE tournament personally i think we shouldnt even give out prizes but out of the kindness of VGC, P&T and FGCU we did so you dont like it dont come and QUIT *****ING!!!!!

Toneh

Smash Lord
I agree... People ifs a FREE tournament personally i think we shouldnt even give out prizes but out of the kindness of VGC, P&T and FGCU we did so you dont like it dont come and QUIT *****ING!!!!!
No ones complaining, but in the future if you want ppl to come who live 3-4 hours away there has to be some incentive. Thats alot of $ in gas.
If theres more ppl, the more fun it'll be and extra competition.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
No ones complaining, but in the future if you want ppl to come who live 3-4 hours away there has to be some incentive. Thats alot of $ in gas.
If theres more ppl, the more fun it'll be and extra competition.
Tony idk if you read above, but this wasn't made for people outside of this school.

This tournament was hosted by the Video Game Club, and the school gives them little to kno money to host this.
You're not allowed to take cash on campus, its considered gambling. This is a biannual tourney and they were only hosting it in the area. Other people are welcome to come, but it's not for other people to travel hours to go to.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Oh okay.

TYhanks :D

Hopefully i do some work. Tonight, you gonna smash with any one?
And tomorrow, if you know you're free hit me up.

Segendo

Smash Cadet

Tony idk if you read above, but this wasn't made for people outside of this school.
Yes and No to that statement. while yes it originally was intended for students of fgcu only once we got the event started a few years back... we have grown more in size to include all of South West Florida. we noticed about after the 2nd time of the event that people form Naples
were coming so we decided to advertise here to attract more of the SWF community players to come out.

because of the advertising here we have gotten a bigger influx from the SWF community. we have people coming from Naples, Cape Coral and Port Charlotte. Thats how we got up to 62 contestant last fall and currently I'm thinking we will hit upwards of 75 this time around. While it may not be worthwhile for people outside of the SWF region to come out we certainly welcome you all to come and play. We enjoy the competition!

hell we welcomed M2K to play last time and he scrubbed everybody and we knew it was going to happen when he entered lol

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
hell we welcomed M2K to play last time and he scrubbed everybody and we knew it was going to happen when he entered lol
Wrong.
He was not welcomed. eel free to read these.

god no redhal and M2K stay home or go to esams tourney for my sake.

better players and more cash at ESAM's
this tournament can't withstand players of that magnitude!

i'll let you guess what my opinion is

-!-

Smash Lord
lol I remember that Champ Hat from the first tournament, it was pretty bad ***. Everything has improved a lot, I can't wait for this one :D

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
terry u fat ******* i demand a 4$ mm if i go to this!

r u down? *****.

edit: i didnt know they censored pus$y..
I will meet your $4 MM. But this time, I expect to have the money on the table before the start of game 1.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I soooo wanna see that mm! You gotta let me Know when it happens :)
I'll do it before the tournament, during friendlies.
I don't want it mixed into the actual tournament.

Plus, if it is going to be $4, I demand it to be a 3/5 set and choose from the CP's and Neutral's of the Spring Smash tournament. Will you be in the area on the Friday before? I think doing it at the VGC would be the best bet.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

Btw viper, i MMed Xaltis at Gallaxfest.
I counterpicked him to japes. (btw, he used it ways i have never seen you use it. It was awesome. I should have one on japes, i had a 2 stock lead. Fell in the water twice.

Ugh.

But it went to last hit both games :D

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
what was that venue u guys used awhile back the week after mlg?

I'm surprised u guys dont use it still since it was a pretty legit place for a local 30-40 man tourny

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Does anyone want to have a team tournament the night before? (Friday) We have this whole building available to just play smash in if you guys want to play around in teams. Just bring systems since we have projector's already.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Sure I'm down. I doubt Gallax will actually come, since he'll have to drive all the way to my place, and then gas money for a tourney where he can't spend the money.

Regardless, I'll go. Anthony....

Lord Fluff's Royal Yarn Team?

Exdeath

Smash Master
If I can get someone to take care of my responsibilities at home, I'm interested in attending this. :)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

PIZZA HYPE x10!!!

EDIT: **** that!

mink we hype the pizza and scum *****s eat it all, last year i got 0 slices, we should bring our own pizza and sell at a jacked up cost
Capitalism hype!
Capitalism hype?!!?!?!

Frank, that's probably one of the best ideas you've had. If we order a 5/5/5 deal, and sell slices for 1$ each... thats... 24 bucks. And it'll cost like, 20. Let's sell them for 2$ a piece!!!

Segendo

Smash Cadet
We Need Wii's!

First six people to bring in Wii's get an extra $5 dollar card to PNT (with all the levels and characters unlocked of course.)

Hacked wii's are fine so long as the hacks do not effect game-play. (example move set hacks or tripping turned off)

POONR

Smash Cadet
POONR will be there. Reppin Green Man and SoniG. Ready to whoop dat ***! As well as climbin up and grabbin them TR points baby! Haha

DIBS

10dibs

edit: entering as manchu :pikachu2:

O GOD NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Manchu will drink the blood of the innocent and spit acid in the eyes of those who watch.

Top Bottom