• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I feel halberd is an ok stage. Other than early kills, it feels awkward and small to me. Maybe I just need more experience on it.

Yeah, fox mains need to step it up.

Bing

Smash Master
TO Joe still got a pretty good fox, just sayin'
He resorts to his Wario too often :( I ask him for dittos all the time, we finally played one at STYC on Saturday, got down to last stock high percent. So Im looking at this optimisticly in that I can hold me own with another solid Fox main.

Jet300

Smash Ace
I love halberd. So much. Always felt its one of his, if not best, stages for years now, and have cp'd it a ton.

Knuckles I'm a pretty decent player already, been ranked when the pa rankings still existed, place in money quite a few times, won a couple tourneys, etc. My biggest hurdle still to tackle though is placing well at a New Jersey tournament. That region is so ****ing stacked its crazy. My best placing there was probably at APEX 2012 (Just barely missed bracket, so my technical placing was probably like 100 something out of 400). Decent, but not good either.

P.S. Its so much fun doing gimmicky **** that should never work once you realize they don't know the fox mu =P
Halberd is fox best stage because of the low ceiling. And halberd just does'nt playing like me for some reason.

M@v

Subarashii!
He resorts to his Wario too often :( I ask him for dittos all the time, we finally played one at STYC on Saturday, got down to last stock high percent. So Im looking at this optimisticly in that I can hold me own with another solid Fox main.
His Mk his still his best imo. Face it in tournament and friendlies before.

M@v

Subarashii!
Almost got the front of my car smashed in by an idiot driver on the way to work. At least the adrenaline's kept me awake at work.

Bing

Smash Master
My Fox got sort of messed up at SID 7 vs a Kirby this past weekend(It was actually last stock but I still dont like how I played the MU)

I ended going like 70-30 Marth, just wasnt feeling Fox, and My Marth was doing well, got me 5th place in the amateur bracket lol

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Alrights, I got some vids of me coming soon from the tourny last sat, I'll post them later in here for some advice.

I want against Trela in second round, I did ok against him, but I still ended up losing cause I got comboed too many times + chained grab. does any one know how to deal with lucario?

crifer

Smash Lord
afaik, if he he hits your shield with fair = guaranteed usmash oos.

camp him, if he whiffs a fair, sh fair him for massive damage. punish the cooldown of his aerials with dash attack.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
My advice is to camp him hard. I think spacing AC Bair at CG percents is a good idea. Idk about this though.

Sorry for my previous post in this thread. I'll post some actual stuff about Fox on Lucario. Remember that many of these things don't affect the actual character match-up more than they do play-styles.

- Lucario's fsmash has enough cool-down to dash usmash him as it ends.
- Fox does very well at close range combat compared to Lucario (nair, ac bair, grab, moving, jab, even ftilt is good here), and aura spheres don't compete very well with Fox's projectile game.
- Utilt is pretty good because you can block right after hitting him and punish if he dairs.
- Fox's fair from an angle below Lucario beats all of his aerials.
- If you're short or full hopping while Lucario whiffs a dair, there's time to uair/nair/bair him (barely, unless you use nair which isn't so barely).
- If you block a SH fair, you can roll through Lucario for free because none of his options can catch up to it from the SH.
- If he miss spaces a SH fair you can SH fair or usmash from block. An odd nair from block would hit too if he's in range although that's not the most effective you can go.
- If you block a dair and are in range, you have time to usmash/nair from block.
- Blocking is good in momentum when you can shield-grab a falling dair or sloppy air-dodge.
- Since he's kind of vulnerable in the air, you may be able to count on the opponent air-dodging to bait him. His landing aerials can be shield-grabbed or dash attacked, as can be sloppy air-dodge landings too.
- Lucario's actually in an OK position if he can cross you up with mobility or a pivot.
- If you read upb's trajectory, you can shine it. There's probably no punish if not, anyhow.
- Fox's grab range is bigger than Lucario's and he slides better from walk.
- Lucario's dash-grab is only 8 frames (very good).
- Laser, bair, and mikehaze (push him away with nair/bair and punish whiffed shield-grab) Lucario at low % when he can cg you. During a cg, don't spam jump because you'll waste your jump. I buffer shine after each throw, but the opponent should be able to bait that.
- Lucario can't do much about cross-ups, so they're good (eg. nair at his back to utilt, grab, or maybe wait).
- You can bait Lucario's fair if he's in the air, to airjump nair him and keep momentum. This is safer than using fair and risk being air-dodged out of your momentum.
- Powerblock and shine+hop are good vs spheres.
- Standing blaster hits crouching Lucario.
- If you're already performing fair, Lucario will hit himself if he tries to fair.

I can't really think of many disadvantages in this match-up. Lucario's crossups are good. He can't wait around as much as he'd like to though (he pretty much can't do it at all).

knuckles213

Smash Ace
afaik, if he he hits your shield with fair = guaranteed usmash oos.

camp him, if he whiffs a fair, sh fair him for massive damage. punish the cooldown of his aerials with dash attack.
My advice is to camp him hard. I think spacing AC Bair at CG percents is a good idea. Idk about this though.

you all should go to whobo, so I'm not the only fox player reppin

Jet300

Smash Ace

Player-3

Smash Hero
Not with fox who has so many great tools to approach and cqc, his camping doesnt work very well against anyone who knows how to deal w/ it unless they are imited by character (snake kirby etc, slow ****ers)

Going in doesnt neccesarily mean rushdown all the time also, passive aggressive baiting is still going in

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
Not with fox who has so many great tools to approach and cqc, his camping doesnt work very well against anyone who knows how to deal w/ it unless they are imited by character (snake kirby etc, slow ****ers)

Going in doesnt neccesarily mean rushdown all the time also, passive aggressive baiting is still going in

Holy **** p3 says something intelligent for once.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Crz ive improved a whole lot by going in, i aim to prove it at whobo

Cuz going aggro vs mk is a horrible idea and i always lose but hes banned there :D

Top Bottom