• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
'Tis fine. I DI-ed the end of cg real bad and I got thundered. Anyways, I hope you won't be doing that stupid DI.

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
I know it was kinda random. My little bro, who is only 13, has had anger issues for a while. He is really violent and has been making serious threats against his family and friends for a while now. Today while he and my mom were at his counselor, she mentioned it and the counselor said he was legally bound to report it. Either my bro had to go voluntarily or he would be forced. I didn't know though. I came home and was confused as to why my mom was home early and my bro wasn't around. She explained it to me though after I wouldn't stop pestering her. I don't know how long he is going to be there. My mom said about 3-5 days. Apparently my little bro is real PO'd about the situation though. I don't really like him, but I don't like the idea of sending him away even more. I feel sorry for him and hope he get out soon. And hopefully this will be a wake-up call and he will mellow out. /rantover

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Aw... anger issue I see. That is really sad, only 13 and will already have mental institution experience. I hope that he will be back changed a little. Also prolonged stay at mental institutions are not known to be 'healthy' too. Anyways, my prayer goes to your family and your little bro. Hope he become less angrier and easily agitated after experiencing such institution. Sorry if I could not put what I wanted to say in words properly.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Really? My cousin jst had to leave for a special school for 1+ years for anger issues, but that's another story...
soooooooooo........................

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Fox mains, would you rather face ICs as Fox or use your secondaries just for that match up? Also how is it compared to Pika MU?

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Secondaries, because my second is just as good as my main. And IMO, it's not quite as bad as Pika, but some may disagree.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Don't you find it intimidating to play as Fox against ICs? Fox being vulnerable to cgs and all :/ Well, that is why I need my MK for I suppose.

Jet300

Smash Ace
Yes, that is very annyoing. I always stay away from them, camp them, and try to separate them.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
*party hat* Only thing I can think of to do some splitting would be to split the legs (dsmash). Now how will that set up work is the question. Like how do you dsmash without getting grabbed from aerials so on.

BlizzyWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlizzyWuff
lool I sh bair on IC's shields and if they try to catch me sometimes I'll even shine to get them away, but mostly I just run away and laser, showing I can be just as annoying as their chaingrab xD
I dont play the matchup that much, I still hate it >_>

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
ICs and their cg! I doubt my controller can make me shine in the right time thanks to some input lag. I guess that's for using ccp

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I see. With one of them drawing pads or purely with mouse? Pure mouse work would take so long, at least for me lol.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, I got them one of drawing pad and this tablet (not iPad! I detest Apple stuffs now) I did a drawing of my current pic I am using on this site lol. It was hard, not being an artist of who constantly practices drawing and coloring lol. But I am not using that drawing as my profile pic though.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
That's a very nice arwing! Nice :D

Nice, what software did you use?
@fox67890, hmm when would that be? I'll be waiting ;)
I'd add my response now, but it's too much to think about since I have an AP calc test tomorrow (lol). I have actually something else I want to mention also. I don't think the MU is as bad as people say though, it's winnable imo. I'll talk about it another time

I wanted to talk about this. In my search for an answer to Snake's Dacus, Ralph_cecil (I think he has an account here?) revealed something interesting to me.

[Collapse=talk]
[5/7/13 7:22:07 PM] infinityfox2: I think I need to develop some kind of answer towards DACUS, because that gets me every time ;_;
[5/7/13 7:23:39 PM] Ralph Cecil: Yeah if you space yourself half of the full distace of it, or outside of my f-tilt/dash attack range I think you can punish it if you shield it. I think Fox might run as fast/faster than Snake's DACUS. At least it's somewhere around that speed.
[5/7/13 7:25:06 PM] infinityfox2: I'm not sure how to punish it though. If I shield it and then dash attack afterwards, I get hit by the mortar. Boost pivot grabbing could work if Snake doesn't reach the edge of the stage, but if he does, I might still get hit...
[5/7/13 7:28:14 PM] Ralph Cecil: Yeah DA is kind of punishable. :o You might be able to look up videos to find out how they punish it, but i'm pretty sure you can punish it with usmash. Also something else to take into account it Snake's DACUS has pretty much no priority. You could just machine gun jab and stop it lol. Also it's hitbox is only on the ground(or at least very not much higher than that), so you could also dair or something.
[5/7/13 7:30:01 PM] infinityfox2: I actually never thought about it having no priority
[5/7/13 7:30:20 PM] infinityfox2: Like, I knew you could dair to beat it, but I never though about jabbing to beat it :o
[5/7/13 7:30:28 PM] Ralph Cecil: Yeah I just machine gun jab in the Snake ditto lol.
[5/7/13 7:30:46 PM] infinityfox2: Going to try that next time
[5/7/13 7:30:50 PM] infinityfox2: gracias~
[5/7/13 7:30:55 PM] Ralph Cecil: np lol
[5/7/13 7:39:59 PM] infinityfox2: just tested it
As long as i'm like ~mid range away, it works :O
[5/7/13 7:40:01 PM] infinityfox2: (y)
[5/7/13 7:40:35 PM] Ralph Cecil: Yeah if you're too close the dash attack hitbox comes into play. I forgot to mention that lol.
[5/7/13 7:41:33 PM] infinityfox2: yeah. I think the intial part of the upsmash that hits people up clanks with jab also. This looks pretty good :D
[5/7/13 7:46:10 PM] Ralph Cecil: I'm not really too sure about the properties of that hit box, but maybe. :o
[/Collapse]
tl;dr
In other words, just holding A will beat (or clank) with Snake's Dacus from midrange (this is cool to me as a wifi player). Any closer it'll lose, but from that range, Snake is in Fox's Skid grab range.

But I'm interested in this because it reminded me of something I forgot. Fox's job actually beats (or clanks) with an interesting amount of things. Some things I could remember off the top of my head include

1) A lot of projectiles
2) Luigi's cyclone
3) TL's and Links arrows/ boomerangs when clashing straight on
4) Lucario's uncharged aura spheres (regardless of aura strength!)
5) Peach's turnip (not stitch face)
6) Sonic's side and down B

This isn't saying that jabbing them is always the best option, but it's a pretty good alternative in many cases. Vs Peach for instance, reflecting turnips could be bad, because if you throw out reflector and she glidetoss the tunip up and slides towards you, she gets a free punish. If you just jab the turnip, I don't think this can happen.

Btw, I wish I knew how to do graphic art, but when I looked it up, it was kinda complicated. Maybe I'll try again sometime over the summer...

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
I have a tablet. Some drawings I do by hand. I found a program called.. uh... I forgot... something like MyPaint. I use that with the tablet. Otherwise for things like that Arwing I just use the mouse... well mousepad since... laptop... I used a straight line/ curved line tool for that entire drawing.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
So you are interested in art or is it your thing? Well, if I was to get back to it as a hobby, one single drawing would take forever to complete due to my attention to detail and my lack of proper proportion due to lack of practice lol.

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Eh... I like to draw I guess. I don't do it often though. I guess every now and then I just get inspired to do something. But when I do, I can usually focus and finish it in a day or two. Otherwise I'm just busy playing video games.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, it takes practice lol. Really, like Fox himself. Only thing in drawing that keeps me away would be the proportion and it's like one of the important aspects imo.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol for the record, straight line drawing is harder than it looks is what I heard. So... keep them practicing up!

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Ah, I remember those days lol. I don't think I can draw straight line cleanly like how paint programs do but it's generally straight. Also, you forgot circle :p

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
lol don't get me started on circle. Circles are annoying. Lumpy circles are easy, but they don't count as circles sadlu :c

Top Bottom