• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Wah... wait... what!? I mean I guess KillerJawz provides an example of how to classify it as a "personal attack", but was it really all that offensive? The problem with rules and laws is that people sometimes are so hellbent on what the rule specifically says, instead of what intention it was created for. The intention behind "no personal attacks" is, to my understanding, "don't single anyone out and seriously offend them using their identity as a medium for insults." I don't think what .joel said warrants any sort of infraction, but maybe I'm too nice.

I mean all he did was say, basically, "lol you done messed up dude, and I'm Russian."

And even if what I'm saying is complete heresy, you both have respect points in my eyes.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Anymore personal attacks like that and infractions will be dealt out.
I know you didn't. All I was saying was that "personal attacks" like that don't warrant an infraction imo because he was just messing around and didn't really mean anything "personal" by it.

Of course you can mess around and actually say something very offensive, but come on...

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Aí... say he continues to mess around like that? Will you give him one then?

I would agree, not because of the "personal attack" factor, but because it would classify as something like "user harassment." Doing something without restraint that another user obviously takes offense to.

Either way, I just want things to be happy again. Where's Asdioh and his shenanigans when you need them?

Yes Light, I would give him an infraction for that.

Anyway, on to a lighter topic, best of luck, Asdioh.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Either way, I just want things to be happy again. Where's Asdioh and his shenanigans when you need them?
Here I am! I was downstairs eating BLTs and reading the books from the Eragon series and then washing dishes and stuff. Then I went to turn on Brawl to practice Fox stuff but I don't have the attention span for that, I'll play with my friend tomorrow most likely. More Sonic practice, yaaaay! Now I'm gonna beat the hordes of Sonics that will be at that tournament.

Good luck at the tourney asdioh. :bigthumbu
Anyway, on to a lighter topic, best of luck, Asdioh.

Anyway I guess I'm gonna play WoW now. I've played that game on and off since 2005. I took an almost 2.5 year break recently, and started again in January. I lost all interest in it over a month ago, and couldn't even force myself to play, which is completely different from when I was fairly addicted to it in high school. Anyway, I got into the Cataclysm beta so that's what I'm gonna do. I'm excited for this expansion, but even so I'm not very hyped to play it all the time lol. I've played it like once in the past week. Anyone here play WoW?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I dont know if everyone has seen this already, but if not then you MUST see this. My new favorite song :D

This first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520&feature=related

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEvNS5TzvwM&feature=related
HE'S CLIMBIN IN YOUR WINDOW
SNATCHIN YOUR PEOPO UP

What's hilarious is that I was at a friend's house when I was watching the ridiculously epic APEX stream. On a big-screen TV. Anyway, during that time, they showed me that video xD

edit: I just remembered. When I first saw that video, I was like "that guy kinda looks like Anther"
And then I saw his name was Antoine
which is also Anther's name
and I was like LOL
i'll be at that tourney too, asdioh! and this time i'll actually play you.

If I don't approach you, you approach me.

wish me luck not using fox again.
This time I'll remember that you're black!
right? You'll have to approach me, I can't remember what you look like, and Fox forces approaches with lasers anyway

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
OMG HOWS GOBLIN ON CATACLYSM!?!? I'm not really a WoW fan, I only play it when my friends decides to play it again.. and I join them.. until they all start failing their classes, so we all stop as a group xD But we're all gonna start again when Cataclysm comes out, and I am hyped to play as a Goblin :D I seem to be the only one as well.. since everybody wants Wargen(sp?) to be on Horde instead of Alliance.. And if you haven't noticed, we play as Hordes :]

And I lawl'd at the butt-hurtness on the previous posts.. but any who, back on topic :]

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
uhmm.. Cataclysm never heard of it

Man I just played I really good sonic for the first time online and I got *****
I also just remembered that its really difficult to play fox 1 on 1 online -_-
Im gonna play more macthes online to help improve my game I still got a lot to learn

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
OMG HOWS GOBLIN ON CATACLYSM!?!? I'm not really a WoW fan, I only play it when my friends decides to play it again.. and I join them.. until they all start failing their classes, so we all stop as a group xD But we're all gonna start again when Cataclysm comes out, and I am hyped to play as a Goblin :D I seem to be the only one as well.. since everybody wants Wargen(sp?) to be on Horde instead of Alliance.. And if you haven't noticed, we play as Hordes :]

And I lawl'd at the butt-hurtness on the previous posts.. but any who, back on topic :]
I plan on leveling a Goblin in the beta when I get around to it. I already made one, just haven't done anything yet.
I want to level a goblin in beta because I intend to make a Worgen in the actual release, but I don't really want to do the same thing twice... I guess.

uhmm.. Cataclysm never heard of it

Man I just played I really good sonic for the first time online and I got *****
I also just remembered that its really difficult to play fox 1 on 1 online -_-
Im gonna play more macthes online to help improve my game I still got a lot to learn
Wifi is just bad in general, but both Fox and Sonic are pretty bad on it. He probably has more experience with it than you do.

Kirby vs Sonic on wifi is the most frustrating thing. Sonic literally just camps the side of the stage and forces you to predict what he'll do next, since you can NOT react in time to his speed due to input lag. Fox at least has lasers... I guess.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Yeah all I could really do was shtl, ac fairs, and shield and when I performed anything else my timing was way off or got screwed up and I kept sliding from fox running online
I did land a couple of uptilt juggles though

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
yeah I'm black, kinda young, glasses, i'll try to approach you lol.

I might use Fox in mid-tiers if I enter.

I used to play WoW, but school started and I was in marching band and there just wasn't enough time to play. Wake up at 6, get home at 6, super tired, eat shower rest, then do homework and I have like 3 hours of the day left lol. I felt like I wasn't playing enough for my $15 a month to be worth it. Plus I kinda got bored, and my friends on it kinda turned into jerks and pulled the like 3 all nighters a week thing.

I'm playing Starcraft 2 now though. Anyone else play?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I dont know if everyone has seen this already, but if not then you MUST see this. My new favorite song :D

This first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520&feature=related

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEvNS5TzvwM&feature=related
Hahaha yeah that's pretty intense, I posted that video in here a while back, you just had to watch the entire like 3 video's that were in the 1 video. (If that made sense)

soo, I see your video, and I raise you one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Here I am! I was downstairs eating BLTs and reading the books from the Eragon series and then washing dishes and stuff. Then I went to turn on Brawl to practice Fox stuff but I don't have the attention span for that, I'll play with my friend tomorrow most likely. More Sonic practice, yaaaay! Now I'm gonna beat the hordes of Sonics that will be at that tournament.
All of them except this guy --->

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
They said the same about Judgment though :ohwell:
Judgment is absolutely nothing like Castlevania, though. It's a Soul Calibur-styled fighting game.
Castlevania HD is a sidescroller and a very fun multiplayer game. I'm having a blast with it to be honest.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'll think about getting it. I'ma rent a castlevania game frist though
/10 wins for working at at a movie/game rental store

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If you have a DS, I would suggest you playing Portrait of Ruin first. It's the easiest Castleroid game, and awesome for getting into the games.

Asce

Smash Apprentice
HE'S CLIMBIN IN YOUR WINDOW
SNATCHIN YOUR PEOPO UP

What's hilarious is that I was at a friend's house when I was watching the ridiculously epic APEX stream. On a big-screen TV. Anyway, during that time, they showed me that video xD

edit: I just remembered. When I first saw that video, I was like "that guy kinda looks like Anther"
And then I saw his name was Antoine
which is also Anther's name
and I was like LOL
This time I'll remember that you're black!
right? You'll have to approach me, I can't remember what you look like, and Fox forces approaches with lasers anyway
What was the music in that video? I really want that track it sounds so cool.

The video that you posted Asidoh, of your match if i wasnt clear enough.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What was the music in that video? I really want that track it sounds so cool.

The video that you posted Asidoh, of your match if i wasnt clear enough.
it kinda sounds like a Sonic Megaman remix, ask in a youtube comment though, it's his video and his song

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
no posts in a day? x_x

I just spent a while in training mode and stuff, practicing "technical" stuff with Fox.

No matter how much I try, I can't get the timing down for side B cancel. I don't see how anyone can have it perfected, and can do it consistently. :(
Short hop single lasers/silent lasers still give me trouble too. I can do it, but it's hard to control the height, and sometimes I do it too slowly. This is something I need to work on: in the only match that got recorded last tourney, I do a short hop, land, laser, instead of sh laser, and get punished during the laser lag and lose my stock.
SHTL is easy, as is running away->reverse SHTL.
I practiced recovering from awkward angles under Lylat Cruise, my control of Firefox is good, I won't kill myself all too often with that :bee:

I practice teching a little bit against a level 9 snake on a U-shaped stage. Fun stuff.

I discovered a few weeks ago that Fox's laser does 3 damage if you're fairly close, and 2 damage from a distance. I was enraged to find just now that, despite the fact that Falco's lasers go forever (unlike Fox's...) they do 3 damage no matter how far away he is. Stupid Falco.

I intend to destroy people at this tournament this weekend >:O

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Sadly, every tourney I've made plans to attend this summer have been brutally taken away from me.
Yeah, you aren't directly in an area that hosts tournaments regularly right? I know how you feel when it comes to that. Also me working every weekend does that too lol.

Also hi foxy woxies

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah, you aren't directly in an area that hosts tournaments regularly right? I know how you feel when it comes to that. Also me working every weekend does that too lol.

Also hi foxy woxies
Posts Per Day: 54,663.08

You don't get out much do you? O.o

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Either Xiivi's stalking me, or he's posting in every character board ever? :O

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hello fox boards
my name is JUDGE aka .THC, i've been lurking here around for like two month and since than i made fox as my main
today i'll attend the brawl in berlin tourney in germany together with cloud rain zero
wish us good luck guys,we gonna rep fox^^

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
hello fox boards
my name is JUDGE aka .THC, i've been lurking here around for like two month and since than i made fox as my main
today i'll attend the brawl in berlin tourney in germany together with cloud rain zero
wish us good luck guys,we gonna rep fox^^
sorry judge im not going :( i couldnt get anyone to go with me from the UK.im extremely disappointed, i really really wanted to go. i wish you good luck today and this weekend, i feel bad now :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
watch out Judge, you're not the only Judge around >_> the other one is a top MK main in Michigan :o

I'm going to tournament soon guys! Gonna be going over Count's house today (if anyone knows who he is) so I'll get tons of Diddy practice in for once!

Top Bottom