• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So, my fox training has come a fair bit, so far I realize just how abysmal fox is against Meta. Like, screw recovering.
Man, I was gonna respond to this and then I saw that other people were talking about this:

btw this was from the BBR fox disscussion:

thoughts?
I don't know about Fox beating Meta Knight, but I feel very very strongly that it's at least close to even. Sure, MK can gimp the hell out of Fox, but:
1. most characters can gimp the hell out of Fox anyway
2. MK can gimp the hell out of most characters anyway
so it's not really that big of a deal.

But yeah, what m2k and pierce said sounds really close, to me. Playing against some MKs this weekend, I can camp. If he approaches me, I can stop camping and switch into immediate aggro mode and catch him in, say, a dash attack or grab before he reaches the spot I was just camping, catching him by surprise. Or, I could full hop Fairs to get the hell out of the way, and then shinestall or something for a safe landing. Or possibly Illusion away. Fox can camp MK pretty hard.
He also punishes MK pretty hard with his speed and quick moves. I Upsmash Shuttle Loops all the time, even if they're not in kill % it's a good and strong punishing move, and I don't have to worry about stale moves with Fox because of lasers.

I would MUCH MUCH rather use Fox against MK than Kirby, and I'm glad to see that other people think the same, and it wasn't just my imagination. Fox is definitely underrated.

Okay this is something I've been saying for a while now, I'll say it again:
Obviously losing and winning is what matters, but how close you come to winning means a lot to some people. All the matches I lost this weekend in brackets and pools were last stock, some of them high %. I wasn't happy with my placing in this tournament, but I was pretty happy with my performance, because I could feel a notable improvement.
I mean, when he says "so and so NEARLY beat m2k" yeah, it's not a win, but if even m2k admits he nearly lost then it probably means something, doesn't it? m2k just said that he fell into bad, predictable habits, but other than that he felt like the matchup was in Fox's favor.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Man, I was gonna respond to this and then I saw that other people were talking about this:

I don't know about Fox beating Meta Knight, but I feel very very strongly that it's at least close to even. Sure, MK can gimp the hell out of Fox, but:
1. most characters can gimp the hell out of Fox anyway
2. MK can gimp the hell out of most characters anyway
so it's not really that big of a deal.

But yeah, what m2k and pierce said sounds really close, to me. Playing against some MKs this weekend, I can camp. If he approaches me, I can stop camping and switch into immediate aggro mode and catch him in, say, a dash attack or grab before he reaches the spot I was just camping, catching him by surprise. Or, I could full hop Fairs to get the hell out of the way, and then shinestall or something for a safe landing. Or possibly Illusion away. Fox can camp MK pretty hard.
He also punishes MK pretty hard with his speed and quick moves. I Upsmash Shuttle Loops all the time, even if they're not in kill % it's a good and strong punishing move, and I don't have to worry about stale moves with Fox because of lasers.

I would MUCH MUCH rather use Fox against MK than Kirby, and I'm glad to see that other people think the same, and it wasn't just my imagination. Fox is definitely underrated.

Obviously losing and winning is what matters, but how close you come to winning means a lot to some people. All the matches I lost this weekend in brackets and pools were last stock, some of them high %. I wasn't happy with my placing in this tournament, but I was pretty happy with my performance, because I could feel a notable improvement.
I mean, when he says "so and so NEARLY beat m2k" yeah, it's not a win, but if even m2k admits he nearly lost then it probably means something, doesn't it? m2k just said that he fell into bad, predictable habits, but other than that he felt like the matchup was in Fox's favor.
When did he say that where is all of this coming from.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
NAKAT (think thats it) nearly beat m2k and id rate him somwhere between 5th to 7th best fox atm
what??..... Show me a good consistent placing fox that isn't NAKAT aside from TKD....

You know nothing. NAKAT is 1 of the top 3 foxes he just isn't known much. He's powerranked 10th in NJ ma dude. Research before you start rating ;)

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
what??..... Show me a good consistent placing fox that isn't NAKAT aside from TKD....

You know nothing. NAKAT is 1 of the top 3 foxes he just isn't known much. He's powerranked 10th in NJ ma dude. Research before you start rating ;)

you obviusly no nothing, dont waste my time.

CO18

Smash Hero
im actually curious as well. theres tkd...theres zeton...then theres....?

i will surpass all of them soon though :D

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
sigh*
TKD
lesje
CRZ
Light
Trevanote (soz for spelling)
Yui
zeton
Nakat

not in order, off the top of my head.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yea but out of your list only TKD,Yui and possibly zeton have proven to be better alas jband was not far off.

too bad samboner doesnt play anymore

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Yea but out of your list only TKD,Yui and possibly zeton have proven to be better alas jband was not far off.

too bad samboner doesnt play anymore
actually lesje and i are the best fox's in europe, trevanote places well, light is just flat out good, and yui is best in japan. so its debatable. i dont even understand why this is an issue, its not important.

CO18

Smash Hero
actually lesje and i are the best fox's in europe, trevanote places well, light is just flat out good, and yui is best in japan. so its debatable. i dont even understand why this is an issue, its not important.
Dunno you shouldnt just randomly start labeling ppl 5th-7th then if its not important. wasnt really needed

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i did say it was my opinion. from what ive seen nakat still makes mistakes and ive seen better fox's.im not trying to be mean or cruel, i just personally think that there are better. he makes to many mistakes from what i remember to be 3rd best above lesje,light and trevanote , im really tiered though, ill watch some vids again.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
i did say it was my opinion. from what ive seen nakat still makes mistakes and ive seen better fox's.im not trying to be mean or cruel, i just personally think that there are better. he makes to many mistakes from what i remember to be 3rd best above lesje,light and trevanote , im really tiered though, ill watch some vids again.
Have you seen my most recent videos and no one is perfect we all make mistakes. Then again opinions, opinions, opinions. I'll leave you to believe whatever you like I'll just keep doing my thing in Jersey you know that really hard state.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Have you seen my most recent videos and no one is perfect we all make mistakes. Then again opinions, opinions, opinions. I'll leave you to believe whatever you like I'll just keep doing my thing in Jersey you know that really hard state.
i saw a match of you from a month ago. vs inui.

ok watch these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT7Qsq4OBwk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIlFASs_55Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Np6sspIJ8

i honestly dont think you are better than these guys, if you really think you are after watching these vids then fine. if you have any more recent matches then ill be glad to watch them.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
i saw a match of you from a month ago. vs inui.

ok watch these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT7Qsq4OBwk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIlFASs_55Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Np6sspIJ8

i honestly dont think you are better than these guys, if you really think you are after watching these vids then fine. if you have any more recent matches then ill be glad to watch them.
1. You hardly know me as a player.

2. I am ranked in one of the countries best states New Jersey.

3. Go look at the Fox pr.

Again good job you are probably not better then any of them tbh lol. This is all based off opinions though. If you go to the Fox pr's you can see what some of the players say about me. Also search me vs Holynightmare buddy. Just in case you didn't know Inui is a top notch player/MK.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
1. You hardly know me as a player.

2. I am ranked in one of the countries best states New Jersey.

3. Go look at the Fox pr.

Again good job you are probably not better then any of them tbh lol. This is all based off opinions though. If you go to the Fox pr's you can see what some of the players say about me. Also search me vs Holynightmare buddy. Just in case you didn't know Inui is a top notch player/MK.

im not interested in your state or you as a player, im interested in your fox and what it is capable of,as far as tournaments go, your state might just be very bad against fox, so untill i see somthing good from you to back up the claim that you are 3rd best fox, i wont acknowledge you. im not even considering my fox, my fox has nothing to do with this, this about you and what level you are at. i have nothing else to say on the subject, send me a vid of recent matches then ill assess you again, and tell your fans to please stop trolling, its unecassary.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
im not interested in your state or you as a player, im interested in your fox and what it is capable of,as far as tournaments go, your state might just be very bad against fox, so untill i see somthing good from you to back up the claim that you are 3rd best fox, i wont acknowledge you. im not even considering my fox, my fox has nothing to do with this, this about you and what level you are at. i have nothing else to say on the subject, send me a vid of recent matches then ill assess you again, and tell your fans to please stop trolling, its unecassary.
***** i aint nakats fan im just spitting facts

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Nobody is trolling and stop trying to keep up with me. You started this with you "i'm gonna decide who is better then who". Even if you were to tell me I was the best it's still your opinion which means absolutely nothing. The only person who I am sending videos to is TKD you know because what he says is actually helpful and matters. Also players actually enjoy my matches sorry my style doesn't fit your satisfaction ol great one. You have a good night though.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yo gaiz. Lets stop all this, Good vids you both are right and wrong yo.CRZ you should care about whether his state is better or not becuse it DIRECTLY affects his TOURNAMENT RECORDS, and thus Skews the evidence as to who is better.

As for the other guy, well congratz, try not to post so much about stupid stuff like this and next time, maybe you won't go to bed angry.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Yo gaiz. Lets stop all this, Good vids you both are right and wrong yo.CRZ you should care about whether his state is better or not becuse it DIRECTLY affects his TOURNAMENT RECORDS, and thus Skews the evidence as to who is better.

As for the other guy, well congratz, try not to post so much about stupid stuff like this and next time, maybe you won't go to bed angry.
I am mad happy and didn't post anything dumb lmao.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Don't ever make the mistake of thinking M2K gives good matchup reviews. While they may be accurate for like, the specific metagames/circles, they are very frequently NOT applicable to the general public's metagame. If you try touting the "M2K says so hahaha fox ***** lolz" line, anyone who's been around a while will see right through that and think you're a moron.

/preemptive strike.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
While M2K is a rigoddamdiculous player, he is dumb on MUs. If one person who plays a mid-tiered character takes him last stock or even game 3, he will inevitably be like "OMFG this character is a possible MK counter!!"

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If they make him higher on the tier list that would be pretty neat.
why? Usually people want their character to be lower on the tier list. Higher placement doesn't help unless they're very near the top. Even then it still doesn't really "help". I retract many previous claims this post. No one wants their main's tier placement higher.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
why? Usually people want their character to be lower on the tier list. Higher placement doesn't help unless they're very near the top. Even then it still doesn't really "help". I retract many previous claims this post. No one wants their main's tier placement higher.
I am not everyone, and the tier lists are suppose to try and be really accurate. Fox use to be close to low tier and got moved up because facts and statistics showed he was a better character. I feel Fox should definitely be higher and that's how I FEEL you can do otherwise.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Don't ever make the mistake of thinking M2K gives good matchup reviews. While they may be accurate for like, the specific metagames/circles, they are very frequently NOT applicable to the general public's metagame. If you try touting the "M2K says so hahaha fox ***** lolz" line, anyone who's been around a while will see right through that and think you're a moron.

/preemptive strike.
Maybe.

stuff

This is what I said with Kirby. People kept saying they wanted him to rise, while I felt he was overrated as it was, and if he went higher, more people would see him as a threat or potential secondary/main so people would become more knowledgeable about him, making him harder to main since more people will be used to him.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Competitively, you shouldn't want your character to rise on the tier list. If Fox actually was the exact same character but in A tier, everyone would know the match-up, everyone would know what to expect, how to zone him, how to SDI and punish his attacks liks F-air and D-air in ways that people SDI and punish attacks like G&W's B-air, etc, which would overall make it harder for a good Fox to place.

Now, not many people know the Fox MU super well (mainly because there aren't many good Foxes anywhere but also because it's not necessary—he's in D-tier) so it should be easier for you to place.

i mean I honestly don't feel some overwhelming sense of pride that my character's went from like 20th to 3rd on the tier list. it's just like, oh okay cool, people know he's actually this good now but now more people are going to learn the match-up so bleh.

Top Bottom