• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lightning93

Smash Champion
To some extent, yeah guys, you can be different online. There's a bigger sense of confidentiality. SCOTU I think makes better sense though, why tell us who you are offline when you're online?

It's like telling your friends, "Oh, I'm actually a lot funnier online."

Just be who you are, time and attention span allowing.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the same offline as online (who is?). I'm practically a totally different person. Split personality?... :dizzy:

NAKAT

Smash Champion
yeah ive got jokes too XD

ofcourse people will judge you off the internet if they dont know you in person, everyone judges people from the internet, they are not going to wait to see you in person to change there opinon of you. imo you do come off a little strong, i understand you are a good player and all but certain things are expected of good players i.e. how they should act.people dont know if your different inperson, people only judge from what info they have.

a good example is in an interview.on average you will be judged in the first 20-30 secs of it.doesnt matter if your a really nice guy, people may still think negativly of you.

ive never really thought much of you though, since we have only had one convo and you switched to be very defensive very quickly even tho i said nothing bad.dont take anything to heart tho, everyone gives off an online impression, maybe this is just yours. Mine in jokingly cocky amoung the UK but im not confident at all in person :).
I don't take me being good to heart or try to use it to feel superior at all. That isn't the player I have raised myself to be. I don't remember what we disagreed about or where I became defensive so if so you should pull that up for me. I will let you all decide what you want about me, but when people say what others think doesn't matter it's definitely wrong. Why would you want someone to have a negative opinion on you when you are actually a good person. It's the way I word things online that can actually give off a bad impression, but what you need to realize is that it's the internet and you can't always tell emotion or attitude through internet text.

Don't worry all fox mains have some superiority complex about them in some way or another :psycho:
I don't agree, that's just me though.
If I see you in real life NAKAT, and you strike me as an approachable person, then I will have no reason for previous bias to affect my opinion of you. If you say you are generous, then I believe you. However, the image you maintain on the internet is obviously going to affect the way people think about you, despite your true intent. I'm one of those people who is kind of laid back about these things, so if you gave me a bad impression, I won't stubbornly hold onto this idea, just convince me otherwise and we're cool.

I mean I saw how some of you treated 4Bidden. So what if he didn't place as high as he claimed he was going to? You don't have to troll him for it. And honestly, even if he was trying to oversell himself, what do we care?

If I'm trying to get a point across, it's a lot easier to give up when I don't have a receptive audience, instead of when they come back throwing counter-arguments at me.
This is actually the only thread I have been approached about this. Everyone else has no problem with me haha. That day 4bidden came in the thread mad so I had to let him know my opinion. He get easily have ignored me and I didn't want to be mean. You really need to pay attention to the people who actually trolled him. He also disrespected me in a kind of way and like I said if I get irritated I strike back. Other than that I love people and love to joke around.
I hate it when people try to describe (online) what they're like offline because it's always not like what they think. Furthermore, since many ppl seem to be largely different online than off, they seem to think it matters what they're like offline when being online.
lolwut

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
it's deleted already Uzi. I slept through the whole ordeal, and now I'm just curious to see whether or not Fox actually did go up.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't shout that out to the world. You never know, a mod might steal it from you. Don't ask how.

How ironic, a mod is on the scene.

Do not spread any words about the leaked tier list otherwise I will be handing out infractions. Any talk of spreading it privately will also be infracted.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, ok. I don't have a copy of it (good, I don't want to be in trouble) and I've pretty much forgotten it now.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No, because he noticed Pichu. It is therefore, completely necessary.
But see the thing is Pichu's MU against Fox is 100:0 Fox's Favor (in Brawl) that's why they didn't bother putting him in this game and the enraged Pikachu got the CG it has on Fox >.>

Silly Super Mod. Pichus aren't for Brawl.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
You really need to pay attention to the people who actually trolled him. He also disrespected me in a kind of way and like I said if I get irritated I strike back.
I wasn't specifically pointing you out bro, I was talking about everyone who kind of got on his case. I understand you can get defensive, and I hope I haven't caused you any reason to retaliate against me personally, but yeah... I'm just against conflict. Call me a ***** or whatever, possibly an idealist, it's more of a individual thing I'm doing to just drop things.

And LOL. That's not fan-art silly, that's the Pichu you get, if you transferred the Pikachu-colored Pichu over onto your HG or SS and walk into that one... forest...

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
And LOL. That's not fan-art silly, that's the Pichu you get, if you transferred the Pikachu-colored Pichu over onto your HG or SS and walk into that one... forest...
You can actually obtain a spiky-eared Pichu? Awesome. That was a picture of Damos's (I think I spelled that wrong) Pichu.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
teehee I just played a couple games on wifi for the first time in a week and I officially quit (seriously playing) wifi, I'm gonna do it entirely for the lulz.

Being unable to camp with Fox is too depressing ;_;

Lost to an arrogant wifi player and then cheesed a win against a Falco by stagespiking him at the end with Kirby, it's just... wifi is too lulzy!
I really need Snake practice though.. I always lose to them, offline or online, doesn't matter, it's just that they play totally different online so practicing that won't help much >_<

I tried practicing Melee too this past week but all my Brawl play screws it up, I would have to practice for hours daily for a while before I become even competent at that game. I keep trying to do stuff like instant dash attack by pressing down on the C-stick, which doesn't work in Melee. Plus, I can't decide who to main... I want to main Roy but the more I learn about him, the more I realize how bad he is XD

EDIT: http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee340/TekaiGuy/FoxFlowchart.jpg
not putting IMG tags because it has a bad word
but it's kinda funny, though confusing.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
teehee I just played a couple games on wifi for the first time in a week and I officially quit (seriously playing) wifi, I'm gonna do it entirely for the lulz.

Being unable to camp with Fox is too depressing ;_;

Lost to an arrogant wifi player and then cheesed a win against a Falco by stagespiking him at the end with Kirby, it's just... wifi is too lulzy!
I really need Snake practice though.. I always lose to them, offline or online, doesn't matter, it's just that they play totally different online so practicing that won't help much >_<

I tried practicing Melee too this past week but all my Brawl play screws it up, I would have to practice for hours daily for a while before I become even competent at that game. I keep trying to do stuff like instant dash attack by pressing down on the C-stick, which doesn't work in Melee. Plus, I can't decide who to main... I want to main Roy but the more I learn about him, the more I realize how bad he is XD

EDIT: http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee340/TekaiGuy/FoxFlowchart.jpg
not putting IMG tags because it has a bad word
but it's kinda funny, though confusing.

OMG Fox flow chart has me ROTFL!!!!

Top Bottom