• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
to all the people pissed since there name isnt on thew list, you can just edit your name into it, the customize button is under the shirt options.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
LOL that shirt is awesome! i want one!! the front is sweet!!!!!!1 (i put that 1 there on purpose)

RPK

Smash Lord
Im right next to sunnyvale if you know where that is. My house is basically right off of Lawerence expressway if that also rings a bell. Also Sunnyvale Golfland if that also sounds familiar.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
it's a tournament (in real life of course) thats going down in california. sometime in july... i think its the weekend of my birthday :D

Dxkid

Smash Apprentice
A tourny in Cali D:

too bad i live in Texas n i havent played brawl in like 2 months due to repair TT_TT

Sukai

Smash Champion
it's a tournament (in real life of course) thats going down in california. sometime in july... i think its the weekend of my birthday :D
I think "real life" is a complete misrepresentation of a tournament that's not wifi.

I prefer to use "in person".

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I agree with Knuxrogue.

And yes, I am definitely going to go to Genesis if I'm in town. It's only like an hour away from where I live, and Santi, Dojo and the crew are going to be there. Plus some of my favorite Fox buddies.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I would go, but I would have to travel across the entire United States of America to get there when I get a $0.00 monthly income.

Zephil

Smash Ace
what are you complaining about... at least you ARE in the tournament´s country... I don´t even have that option :(

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Dude... that's the point, considering how many people want to go, and what they're doing to go, and the fact it's only a little more than an hour from where I live, if I can't go, that'll just be so freaking horrible.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Wow, that is something.
Seeing how chances are this'll be my first in person tourney, I'll try my hardest, but I'll be sure to rep you guys, along with the ssbc and Michigan.
Good thing there will be friendlies on the first day.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah there arent that many tourneys in canada... i feel so isolated up here...

I think i might make a thread on what chars are good to shine spike and how you should go about spiking them... is there already a thread like that? thought i might be able to help the noobs

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I think i might make a thread on what chars are good to shine spike and how you should go about spiking them... is there already a thread like that? thought i might be able to help the noobs
If they have a good recovery or multiple jumps, do not shine. If they have balls recovery, shine them.

It's pretty much a judgment call, and very situational. You learn what's good and bad by trying it out. There's not much theory to it.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
What is a n00b, but an experienced player in the early stages of his gaming career?

Anyways, yeah basically what I mean to say is Zhamy is right. Hell, you can shine spike an MK depending on the situation. Essentially though, characters like Falco, Wolf, even Kirby are begging for a shine spike. Kirby is actually my fav character because his horizontal aerial movement isn't that good, and I can just keep coming down for more.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah but i love shine spiking marth.... after one shine i know he cant recover so i keep on shining him until i cant recover XD only if its a friendly of course.... but seriously shine spiking is sooo much fun

and yeah you can only shine spike marth like twice then he gives up but i like exaggerating

SCOTU

Smash Hero
What is a n00b, but an experienced player in the early stages of his gaming career?
75% of noobs will never become experienced players. 90% of experienced players will never become decent. 75% of decent players will never become good. 75% of good players will never place top 3 in a national tournament.

Top Bottom