• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
12th episode of Evangelion, hate Asuka she is too competitive making her seem unreal and idiotic T__T Shinji should seriously man the **** up there is
no human on earth that would react that way when a cute girl hits on you AND sleeps next to you!! nor would I be afraid of my father id be like "Give me lip like that again you can find a new pilot.To hell if I will save earth with people like you in it." and I would say this in the most inconvenient time, when theres an angel . I would ask Rei deep and philosiphical questions to give her a taste of her own medicine. I always felt that way but rewatching it just re ignited how pissed off I get at how these characters act unrealisticly sometimes.

Whew it was nice venting. As you were :3

P.S

I will be rewatching Last Exile to further help me design my characters
and Ships, good anime.
lulz moony episode 12 hates you!!!!! Evangelion's characters are great! They are all so ****ed up it only makes sense that they are human. Human's are ****ed up beings.

Last Exile is good though.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Epic Name Drop
Sup fox boards.

Champ beat me in pools with Fox at Genesis.
I beat another Fox, but his was a step up.

Instead of waiting to reflect my bananas like the Fox I beat, he just pressured me with lasers all day. **** made me paranoid about letting him rack up too much damage on me.

I also lost to SK92, but not before beating his Lucas in tournament...LOL.

<3

RPK

Smash Lord
I am soooooo happy right now T3T I can now consistently cancel my illusion!! Im like....I cant explain how **** happy I am right now! I finally learned the timing for it! Its like...1---23 each one represents a 1/8th note. Its cheesy but when Im practicing it, I say that in my head so I get the timing of it each time. Unfortunatly, Im close to controlling the length of it, but Im not there yet. But Ill get there x3
EDIT: Oh, and at 1, 2 and 3 I press the button. I know you only press it twice, but whatever...

Jenkins

Smash Lord
I am soooooo happy right now T3T I can now consistently cancel my illusion!! Im like....I cant explain how **** happy I am right now! I finally learned the timing for it! Its like...1---23 each one represents a 1/8th note. Its cheesy but when Im practicing it, I say that in my head so I get the timing of it each time. Unfortunatly, Im close to controlling the length of it, but Im not there yet. But Ill get there x3
EDIT: Oh, and at 1, 2 and 3 I press the button. I know you only press it twice, but whatever...
i press the button and hope for the best

RPK

Smash Lord
Like...When you press the B button, you have to wait like...1/8 of a second before you press it again in order to cancel the illusion. Once you get the timing down, it isnt that bad and its pretty easy to learn how to control the different lengths of the illusion. though I still have to work on it since I am just NOW able to do it.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
You need two timings for the illusion, really... long and short.

If you get those two, you really mix things up, and it's nice.

I've been doing it for a while, but that mainly comes from Melee practice too, I guess... used to stop that thing on a dime...

the long illusion onto to stage (just barely above the stage) is so valuable, because you slide a LONG way during your vulnerability... amazing.

RPK

Smash Lord
Also....I just learned you cancel it...Like Falco's or Wolf's illusion, if you do it right, you ledge cancel...And you have no lag, and your in your normal fall animation. Thus you can do anything you want out of it.
EDIT: This is during the fall animation. Right when you end the illusion, and your falling while moving downwards at a 45 degree angle.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
whats the timing for the illusion cancel that makes fox travel farther? i guess its just muscle memory but i cant do it consisently like some of you have posted

got my license.

finally.
take me to disney land, then lets get some hookers
;D

edit: Champs Sheik is my inspiration to get better with that char, <3333 anyone give me tips pl0x

Jenkins

Smash Lord
gotta press B JUSTTT as he starts to move.

i do that and mostly get lucky ;D

RPK

Smash Lord
Just learn the timing >3< Once you get that beat you can easily control its length. Like I got the short 5 times in a row before I messed up and the longest length one 3 times before I messed up. Either that or the medium length one...Cant tell >_<

And the timing is like 1--23 each number, and dash representing like...a 1/16th note

Also listen for the fwhooop sound. During that time, you cant press the b button. If you mash it, it wont go. I think learning the timing though is better though then timing it when you hear the sound because in tournaments, you sometimes wont be able to hear jack sh17

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Just learn the timing >3< Once you get that beat you can easily control its length. Like I got the short 5 times in a row before I messed up and the longest length one 3 times before I messed up. Either that or the medium length one...Cant tell >_<

And the timing is like 1--23 each number, and dash representing like...a 1/16th note

Also listen for the fwhooop sound. During that time, you cant press the b button. If you mash it, it wont go. I think learning the timing though is better though then timing it when you hear the sound because in tournaments, you sometimes wont be able to hear jack sh17
lol i learned that the hard way,fawkin tried listenin to GW dthrow beep shiet and got noise *****

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Yea illusion canceling is beast. Its like fast firefox. Its the best way to get away from too much pressure. The way I do it is just pressing b as fast as you can and hope it

Oh yea, I'm not sure if you guys know, but there is a way to set up utilt very safely and easily. I'll try to put up a vid later. Actually, I'm going to put up a vid of most fox off stage manuevers. It's easy, just fall off the ledge, than jump up a little higher than the ledge and illusion. Most of the time the way they get launched is towards where you land, so you get a free utilt chain.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
lol, ya illlusion canceling is so **** good to know seriously, saved my *** many times, heck you guys saw that vidio of my recovering all the way from the right blast line on smashville, no other way to recover woulda made that.

Zephil

Smash Ace
lol, ya illlusion canceling is so **** good to know seriously, saved my *** many times, heck you guys saw that vidio of my recovering all the way from the right blast line on smashville, no other way to recover woulda made that.
vid or never happened :bee:

... I also do the illusion cancel Jenk´s way... press B and pray for the best

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
we should feel honored,the trolls come to the fox boards social topic to ***** about bawrl...we must be the center of attention

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
I have a few questions about evangelion Never knows best, who knows you might know best. (lol clever huh?)

In episode 18 why the ef didn't Shinji just decide to not do anything about the angel possesed Eva JUST because someone was inside it? You'd think hed be I dunno.... bright enough to take care of the angel and then uh..... SAVE THE FRIGGIN PILOT? But no he rather die then attempt that..... Makes No sense >>

And second, why does he care that one of his friends is a pilot? It really never went into depth about it. Id be hella happy if someone I could ACTUALLY relate to was by my side....

Acex27

Smash Apprentice
I DONT UNDERSTAND FLCL HELP!!! I watched the first ep and i just said wtf?!?!? didnt get it.

And good job watching Evangelion thats a good anime :) anybody have any suggestions I need something new.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I have a few questions about evangelion Never knows best, who knows you might know best. (lol clever huh?)

In episode 18 why the ef didn't Shinji just decide to not do anything about the angel possesed Eva JUST because someone was inside it? You'd think hed be I dunno.... bright enough to take care of the angel and then uh..... SAVE THE FRIGGIN PILOT? But no he rather die then attempt that..... Makes No sense >>

And second, why does he care that one of his friends is a pilot? It really never went into depth about it. Id be hella happy if someone I could ACTUALLY relate to was by my side....
I will answer this a little bit later. I am currently in the middle of making a New sig. It's gonna be Neon Genesis Evangelion related. With spoilers in it =3.

I DONT UNDERSTAND FLCL HELP!!! I watched the first ep and i just said wtf?!?!? didnt get it.

And good job watching Evangelion thats a good anime :) anybody have any suggestions I need something new.
I can explain this two.

Actually Neon Genesis Evangelion and FLCL are actually EXTREMEMLY RELATED!!!!!! I will explain this too later =3.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
You don't understand FLCL. You just watch it and enjoy it.

Also, Eva is good, but overrated. Brilliant for its time, but subpar by today's standards.

Top Bottom