• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I love the Spanish team, they're great and I didn't mind if they beat Holland, but this ref ruined the entire game with his biased BS. Even the goal is his fault. Iniesta was offside and it should've been called. *sigh*

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
LOL. He was not offsides guys.
I cant wait till someone gets it up to youtube. If you would look at the replay, where they put the offside line, you can clearly see he was not even close to being offsides. They forgot about the little Iniesta, and he capitalized.

|
| x
|
|

Kole

Smash Lord
I watched the replay like 10 times on my TV lol...

Also I'm disappointed with how Holland was playing. So many cards...

i'm happy with them getting this far though.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
watch the replay ppl, it was not offsides

holland deserved to lose after all that dirty play, I can't believe what they did to xavi alonso, and van bommel should have been out since first half as well.

INIESTA IS AWESOME

Wrath`

Smash Master
I started off rooting for Spain, but slowly started to like Holland more after all the BS handed to them. At least it is a fresh team added to the trophy either way.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
watch the replay ppl, it was not offsides

holland deserved to lose after all that dirty play, I can't believe what they did to xavi alonso, and van bommel should have been out since first half as well.

INIESTA IS AWESOME
Again, it clearly was. Not the pass that Iniesta controlled and scored a goal from, but the one before that from the far left of the field.

It was intended for Iniesta (who was offside), but one of the dutch defenders headed the ball away straight to a Spanish player, then the Spanish guy passed the ball to Iniesta (who by now wasn't offside anymore) and he scored.

The thing is, the second pass should've never happened because he was offside the first time.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
NL deserved most of their bookings, unfortunately. There were a couple controversial calls, but on the whole both teams brought it upon themselves.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'm glad the world cup's over.

No more sitting on a couch for an hour and a half, just watching a bunch of sweaty men run back and forth.
No more **** vuvuzelas.
No more waiting 116 minutes just to see a man take his shirt off.
Screw soccer. I'm gonna focus on a real sport, like football. At least they make it sound like a lot of points by making a touchdown worth seven.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The winning goal was definitely not offsides. There was tens of replays which clearly showed it wasn't offsides. Regardless, you can blame the Netherlands for playing so rough and as a consequence dropping to 10 players. :\

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
speaking out of neutrality, even if the spanish goal was offsides, the dutch brought it upon themselves. Except for the goalie and Kuyt, not one single player in the Netherlands' starting team didn't get at least 1 yellow card. The referee was way too lenient with fouls.

Foul galore, still.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
This game was ********. There were so many mistakes by the referees. At first, they were too nice with the 2 murder attempts by the Dutch team. And then, many of his decisions were favoring Spain.

I didn't mind Spain winning this world cup. But they definitely weren't a good team during the tournament. The only only time they played as good as expected from a world cup winning team was against Germany.

Edit : I'm not saying that the Dutches played well. They didn't.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
NL deserved most of their bookings, unfortunately. There were a couple controversial calls, but on the whole both teams brought it upon themselves.
Yes, they did deserve their cards, nobody's saying they didn't. But spain didn't get the ones they deserved as well.

Why didn't Puyol get his second yellow card when he was literally hanging on Robben who was going 1 on 1 against the goalie? Especially since Heitinga got a red card for slightly touching Fabregas (or whoever it was) in a similar (but less dangerous) situation?

The ref ruined the game in favor of Spain. And when the replay of that goal gets out I'll point out why it was offside.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
@gordito: Scoring in american football is waaaaaay easier than in real football (soccer) in addition to one scoring action=7points plus a field goal shot so yeah...

Anyways, it was extremely close but Iniesta (not offsides) got it in and that's what counts. This wasn't a spectacular game, it was full of fouls and stupid calls but it had it's moments.

En buena hora España!

Jane

Smash Hero
^ dont feed the trolls lol.

also, i wanna see if it was offsides now. since people are saying it was earlier than what i had thought.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uv5zKd1rqcM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uv5zKd1rqcM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

YEAAAAAAAH

CONGRATULATIONS SPAIN, **** HOLLAND.

REAL FOOTBALL IS VICTORIOUS

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Spain played passing, offensive football.

Holland did nothing but try to murder them and stop them from playing, just like every other team out there.

Sitting deep and cynical fouls is no way to play.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Offside?

LOOOOOOOOOOL

No where near offside.

Holland have absolutely NOTHING to complain about APART from the corner they should have had from Sneijder's free kick that deflected off Fabregas I think it was.

Gtfo.

Holland were kicking LUMPS out of the Spanish.

Van Bommel should have been sent off.

De Jong should have been sent off.

Sneijder could have been sent off.

Robben should have scored.

The ref was not biased, he just made some bad calls.

LOOOOOL AT OFFSIDE.

Well done Spain!

Top Bottom